📖 Spells8 Book Club V (Feb 26 - Mar 26)

The book was okay, it’s about Celtic Gods & Goddesses… I just couldn’t get into it when I wanted to do so. So I figured I would try another genre & then go back to it.

5 Likes

Have fun with your new book! It sounds interesting if you like real life crime books. Very nice!

5 Likes

Yes! It happened on Nantucket a years ago. I remember the story being on the local news around here. I can’t wait to tell my father that I have this one & the other one too. My father knew the families involved in the Year We Disappeared too. That one happened when I was a baby/toddler

5 Likes

@Amethyst and @Susurrus – I went ahead and added yours.

It looks like the Wiki part of the post hadn’t been activated so I fixed it. Anyone else should be able to edit it now (@BryWisteria )

I am reading Ogam Weaving Word Wisdom by Erynn Rowan Laurie. It is one of the more recommended books for learning Ogam and I’m really enjoying it so far. I just started it, so I figured it would be a good chance to partake in the book club here. I’m also running my own book club on Patreon :sweat_smile: so I’ll be reading more than one book at a time!

5 Likes

Thank you @MeganB! I was going crazy trying to figure it out!

I don’t know that my time management skills would allow to me read 2 different books & follow them properly. Kudos to you! You are going to be a busy girl.

What is Ogam Weaving? I have never heard of it.

5 Likes

Ogam is another form of divination that comes from Ireland. I forgot the colon in the title :sweat: It should read Ogam: Weaving Word Wisdom.

It is based on the Old Irish written alphabet, Ogam, created by the god Ogma to warn Lug that His wife was in danger. If you remember, I went through some of the Ogam before I took my break a while back. I think the most recent one I wrote about was Beith-Birch || The Ogham Staves but this book is opening up a whole new world and way of thinking when it comes to Ogam and I :clap: AM :clap: LIVING :clap: FOR :clap: IT

5 Likes

Oh, awesome! I will have to go back to that other post & read through it. My memory is suckish lately. It sounds interesting though!

6 Likes

Thank you! I thought I was nuts or something.

6 Likes

Hey all. I picked up this book at the local book store. I’ve been wanting to order some in but I can’t stand the wait so I end up buying locally. Anyway this book seems nice so far. It’s pretty long but I will try to finish it. I hope everyone has a great reading period! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good luck finishing it! I’ve heard about this book, I hope you like it!

5 Likes

Ooooh, your book sounds Interesting! Can’t wait for your review. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Apologies to anyone who couldn’t edit the post- you are a hero,@MeganB! Thank you so much for fixing that :blush:

Wow- everyone has chosen some very interesting books! I am looking forward to reading your reviews and hearing your thoughts :star_struck:

Happy reading! :open_book:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria Is there a place where this suggested format is already posted? I looked through the previous Book Club pages and didn’t see one, but I wouldn’t put it past myself to be missing it :sweat_smile:

Thank you in advance! :smile: I hope you’re having a terrific Tuesday so far! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Here ya go @Jewitch!

Book Title and Author:

Status? : Finished / Still Reading

My overall rating of the book : ???/10

How does this book relate to my magickal practice?:

My personal thoughts/opinions:

An interesting quote from the book: " "

All in all, would I recommend this book?: Yes / No

5 Likes

Evening All,
How’s everyone’s book reading coming along? I’m on Chpt 5 so far on mine and taking notes, notes, notes…:grin:
There’s a lot of good information in this book.
Happy Reading!

6 Likes

Thank you, @Jewitch! Looks like @Amethyst came to the rescue (thanks Kasie! :heart: ) The suggested format is exactly that- just a suggestion or guideline! You are very welcome to write as much or as little as you like about whatever aspects of the book resonate (or didn’t resonate) with you :books: :blush: Happy reading- hope you had a terrific Tuesday too! :raised_hands:

That’s so exciting you are enjoying your book so much, @Rowan! It sounds like it is a great resource. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Candle Magic for Beginners! :star_struck:

Ahhhh I admit reading has been a struggle for me lately- things have been pretty busy here with work and school! :sweat_smile: We’ve got a bit more than a week left in this session- I’ll try to dig deeper into Studies in Astrology over the next few days :open_book: :milky_way:

How is everyone elses’ reading coming along? Enjoying your books I hope? :blush:

5 Likes

Pretty good! I’m enjoying my book, even though I won’t use most of it. LOL. Still it’s got some great information. I’m looking forward to what you report on yours!

You’re welcome! I saved that down as a template so I can add stuff to that as I read.

I like my book, it’s got a lot of hoodoo practices in it. But there’s a mention of a different Wiccan Rede that I’m used to and I’m still trying to research it to see if I can find the whole thing. I think I may have to give up on googling and look through some of my books. We’ll see how that goes.

5 Likes

I have made it to the first 2 pages of the book from the reporters perspective of the author that was murdered. She was from Truro, MA which is the lower Cape & at least an hour away from me. I’m hoping to have some time today to really get into reading some more, but my time management skills seem to be waning & I have been really involved with the resin crafting & trying to find cabochons to learn wire wrapping. I’m going to the Stone Store in my town to try to find some nice stones that I can learn wrapping with.

I feel like I rambled too much, so I am going to go now.

5 Likes

Im excited to see your review! I have been thinking about getting this book but id love to see your review and thoughts on it before purchasing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow- it sounds fascinating! If Google doesn’t have what you’re searching for, then it must be somewhat secret (or rare) information. I hope you are able to learn more, Kasie! Enjoy :blush:

No worries about rambling, Krissie! It’s fun to hear what you are up to :+1: I hope you enjoy the Stone Store and have some time to dig deeper into your book- it really sounds interesting! :star_struck:

4 Likes