šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club VI (Apr 5 - May 7)

Definitely, Me too! The evoking Hecate one I got for 2.99 I was surprised!!!

4 Likes

:scream_cat:

Update: @Tamera I totally thought that was a second book and missed that you were referring to the one book :man_facepalming: Maybe I should go to bed and try to get some sleep soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

No worries, @Rowan- I know the feeling well! :laughing: I love your passion for reading. Canā€™t wait to hear what you think about the book! :open_book:

No worries at all, @Jeannie1! :blush: Book club is very open- if youā€™d like to focus on one chapter at time for your book and share a review for each section, you are very welcome to do so! The club is meant to be enjoyable- so please read at whatever pace is most comfortable for you :books: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

As a book with multiple readers, Year of the Witch by Temperance Alden has a new separate discussion open!

For those reading this book, you can share your thoughts as you read alongside your coven members in the thread Year of the Witch :notebook:

Enjoy! :sparkles:

6 Likes

How Awsome thanks Travel Witch :woman_mage:
What am I to get you?
Jeannie

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club V - Readersā€™ Reviews!

I just added myself to The Year of the Witch!! :bookmark: Letā€™s make it a real book club!!

I have this one: Itā€™s filled with prompts, rituals and all-around useful information about Hecate in an elegant way: Keeping Her Keys: An Introduction To Hekateā€™s Modern Witchcraft

7 Likes

Yay :grin:! Glad to have you @Francisco !
That Hekate book is on my wishlist :wink:

5 Likes

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Year of the Witch! :smiley:

I also have Keeping Her Keys ā€” I just havenā€™t gotten around to reading it yet :sweat_smile: I may for the next book club :star_struck:

6 Likes

Wonderful- I added you in to the Year of the Witch thread, @Francisco! I hope you all enjoy the book- canā€™t wait to hear about it :star_struck:

Beautiful review, @Jeannie1! :raised_hands: :heart: The review discussion from last reading session is still open, so Iā€™ll slide this wonderful review there so it is easier for those looking for reviews to find and read. Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed the book! :open_book: :two_hearts:

Welcome, @deviaugh! Thanks for adding yourself to the list- you are also reading The Empress of Salt and Fortune? :blue_book: :blush:

5 Likes

:grin::laughing: Iā€™m also reading the Book on Hecate that I have for next book club!

6 Likes

Maybe Iā€™ll have to really challenge myself and read two books for next session :sweat_smile: haha

5 Likes

@BryWisteria - I did read the Empress of Salt and Fortune after seeing the list. I finished it am now reading ā€œPsychic Witchā€ by Mat Auryn. This book appealed to me. I want to enhance my gift and craft practice. I am a voracious reader. I also purchased ā€˜The Witches Book of Self-Careā€ by Aron Murphy-Hiscock . I find I need to focus on myself due to the the demands, stress, and high pressures of my job.

6 Likes

Just found this post and Iā€™ve ordered a copy of Year of the Witch from Amazon which should hopefully be here on Tuesday. Looking forward to reading this.

7 Likes

Two great books! Iā€™ve read both and was so glad I did.
Happy Reading!

4 Likes

You are amazing, @deviaugh! I am still making my way slowly through Empress of Salt and Fortune- loving it so far, just havenā€™t had much time to read lately :sweat_smile: . Hope you enjoy Witches Book of Self-Care ! :books::two_hearts:

Awesome, @IrisW! :raised_hands: Tou have been added to the list here and also in the special thread for those reading Year of the Witch. Enjoy! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

As per your request @AliceInWonderdab, you have been added in both here and in the special thread for everyone reading Year of the Witch. Enjoy! :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums in one week for everyone to share their thoughts and see what other coven members were reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts and learning about new books next week :books: :blush:

Happy reading and blessed be :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I have been reading more of my book Reasonable Doubt, which is more just to learn the history of where I live & major cases that have happened in our area. It really has nothing to do with magic. Itā€™s an interesting look at the insides of the investigation into Christa Worthingtonā€™s murder though. She was a well known writer & her family was a major factor in Truroā€™s development. Some of her family were first on scene when she was found. It was almost like they were just looking for someone to pin the murder on & were falling short.

5 Likes

I love those kind of books and TV shows. Iā€™ve been a bit of a true crime addiction since I was a kid. Side effect of two parents in the police force I guessā€¦

5 Likes