đź“– Spells8 Book Club VI (Apr 5 - May 7)

A hearty hello to all of the forum book-lovers!

:books::star_struck: :heart:

Apologies this post is coming to you a bit late, I was caught up in holiday preparations! :pray: :egg: But without further ado…

Thank you to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session (Reading Session V)!

For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club V- Reader’s Reviews.

As of today, the sixth book club reading session has now begun !

book-95
[gif from Acegif]

Let’s get started

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for [[ 4.5 weeks ]]
    (A few extra days to make up for the delay in posting!)
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

ac38d8b3708e1cfe6b343539f4261511
[Gif from Pintrest]

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

BlushingSevereFoxterrier-size_restricted
[gif from Gfycat]

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

370dd3e4325a05d0e33e71cdca7577e1
[Gif from Pintrest]

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:open_book: :two_hearts:

4 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

(((Please add your book above :arrow_up: Thank you! :blush:)))

NOTE: If you did not finish and are continuing your book from last session- feel free to add it in again here!

5 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a guide:

HOW TO EDIT A WIKI POST

Walkthrough on how to edit a Wiki Post

1. On the Wiki Post above (the first reply to the original post) look on the bottom right (near where you click to “like” a post).
  2. Click on the word “Edit”. You can now change details in the post.
  3. You can copy and paste another entry- write your book title, author, and username.
  4. Don’t forget to click “save” when you are done!

If it’s still tricky- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you! I’m looking forward to finishing this book!

4 Likes

Year of the Witch by Temperance Alden
@Tamera

4 Likes

Hope you enjoy it, @Susurrus! :blush:

Lovely, @Rowan! You have been added to the reading list :open_book: :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria, I had a brain fart and didn’t add it to the wiki. I just bought this book and another one about Hecate on Kindle, so Im already prepared for the next book club too! :nerd_face:
Blessed Be

5 Likes

Travel Witch :woman_mage:
Thanks so much! I started reading but it’s hard to remember all my thoughts so maybe when I read I will just make a mental note or something!
Happy :open_book: reading! I am sorry I missed the last book :books: club report! I am trying! I just forget what to write :writing_hand: about the chapter I only want to write about one chapter at a time!
Jeannie
Blessed be

5 Likes

Which book about Hekate did you get? I’ve been trying to find all the Resourcez™ about Her! :star_struck:

5 Likes

@Jewitch The kindle store on Amazon has a lot about/for her right now. There were so many I put on my wish list… :laughing:
The one I have right now is evoking Hecate by Anousen Leoate

4 Likes

I’ll have to check that one out! :star_struck: Thanks! :smiley: I’m looking forward to reading Year of the Witch and discussing it with you and @Liisa :star_struck:

5 Likes

Definitely, Me too! The evoking Hecate one I got for 2.99 I was surprised!!!

4 Likes

:scream_cat:

Update: @Tamera I totally thought that was a second book and missed that you were referring to the one book :man_facepalming: Maybe I should go to bed and try to get some sleep soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

No worries, @Rowan- I know the feeling well! :laughing: I love your passion for reading. Can’t wait to hear what you think about the book! :open_book:

No worries at all, @Jeannie1! :blush: Book club is very open- if you’d like to focus on one chapter at time for your book and share a review for each section, you are very welcome to do so! The club is meant to be enjoyable- so please read at whatever pace is most comfortable for you :books: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

As a book with multiple readers, Year of the Witch by Temperance Alden has a new separate discussion open!

For those reading this book, you can share your thoughts as you read alongside your coven members in the thread Year of the Witch :notebook:

Enjoy! :sparkles:

6 Likes

How Awsome thanks Travel Witch :woman_mage:
What am I to get you?
Jeannie

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club V - Readers’ Reviews!

I just added myself to The Year of the Witch!! :bookmark: Let’s make it a real book club!!

I have this one: It’s filled with prompts, rituals and all-around useful information about Hecate in an elegant way: Keeping Her Keys: An Introduction To Hekate’s Modern Witchcraft

7 Likes

Yay :grin:! Glad to have you @Francisco !
That Hekate book is on my wishlist :wink:

5 Likes

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Year of the Witch! :smiley:

I also have Keeping Her Keys — I just haven’t gotten around to reading it yet :sweat_smile: I may for the next book club :star_struck:

6 Likes