šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club VI (Apr 5 - May 7)

Wonderful- I added you in to the Year of the Witch thread, @Francisco! I hope you all enjoy the book- canā€™t wait to hear about it :star_struck:

Beautiful review, @Jeannie1! :raised_hands: :heart: The review discussion from last reading session is still open, so Iā€™ll slide this wonderful review there so it is easier for those looking for reviews to find and read. Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed the book! :open_book: :two_hearts:

Welcome, @deviaugh! Thanks for adding yourself to the list- you are also reading The Empress of Salt and Fortune? :blue_book: :blush:

5 Likes

:grin::laughing: Iā€™m also reading the Book on Hecate that I have for next book club!

6 Likes

Maybe Iā€™ll have to really challenge myself and read two books for next session :sweat_smile: haha

5 Likes

@BryWisteria - I did read the Empress of Salt and Fortune after seeing the list. I finished it am now reading ā€œPsychic Witchā€ by Mat Auryn. This book appealed to me. I want to enhance my gift and craft practice. I am a voracious reader. I also purchased ā€˜The Witches Book of Self-Careā€ by Aron Murphy-Hiscock . I find I need to focus on myself due to the the demands, stress, and high pressures of my job.

6 Likes

Just found this post and Iā€™ve ordered a copy of Year of the Witch from Amazon which should hopefully be here on Tuesday. Looking forward to reading this.

7 Likes

Two great books! Iā€™ve read both and was so glad I did.
Happy Reading!

4 Likes

You are amazing, @deviaugh! I am still making my way slowly through Empress of Salt and Fortune- loving it so far, just havenā€™t had much time to read lately :sweat_smile: . Hope you enjoy Witches Book of Self-Care ! :books::two_hearts:

Awesome, @IrisW! :raised_hands: Tou have been added to the list here and also in the special thread for those reading Year of the Witch. Enjoy! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

As per your request @AliceInWonderdab, you have been added in both here and in the special thread for everyone reading Year of the Witch. Enjoy! :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums in one week for everyone to share their thoughts and see what other coven members were reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts and learning about new books next week :books: :blush:

Happy reading and blessed be :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I have been reading more of my book Reasonable Doubt, which is more just to learn the history of where I live & major cases that have happened in our area. It really has nothing to do with magic. Itā€™s an interesting look at the insides of the investigation into Christa Worthingtonā€™s murder though. She was a well known writer & her family was a major factor in Truroā€™s development. Some of her family were first on scene when she was found. It was almost like they were just looking for someone to pin the murder on & were falling short.

5 Likes

I love those kind of books and TV shows. Iā€™ve been a bit of a true crime addiction since I was a kid. Side effect of two parents in the police force I guessā€¦

5 Likes

@IrisW I love the true-crime things. We have a family in town that I have read 2 of the books on them & I have one about the police officer & his family that was involved in a big thing in town. My father knew the parties involved, he said that I know a couple of them, but I was a toddler when I met them, so I have no idea. :rofl: I have a book for the next book club that has to do with Astrology. Once I finish this book, itā€™s onto that one.

4 Likes

Itā€™s always so cool when you relate to the story- it makes the book even more impactful! I hope you continue to enjoy the book and can uncover some more fun connections to your home town, Siofra. Enjoy! :sparkles::open_book:

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s why I am so drawn to the story because it happened near me. Plus that part of the Cape to have something like this happen is unheard of for the area. They definitely went on a wild goose chase & were just looking to pin it on someone. The DA was a bit aloof & just looking to close the case from what it seems.

4 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums! :eyes:

9e8e925c57f6081ce5309e9bc368f980

[Gif from Pintrest]

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, May 14th . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books:

4 Likes

This reading session has closed- thanks for joining in! :blush: If you have a book review to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post. Any other non-review posts can be shared in the current Book Club reading session.