šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club VII (May 14 - Jun 11)

Merry meet to all of the forum book-lovers!

:books::star_struck: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last monthā€™s reading session (Reading Session VI)

For those who havenā€™t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club VI- Readerā€™s Reviews .

As of today, the seventh book club reading session has now begun !

giphy

[Gif from Giphy]

Letā€™s get reading!

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for [[ 4 weeks ]]
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

original
[Gif from We Heart It]

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

9f600749626d3480769f35ee386177bd
[Gif from Pintrest]

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

tumblr_98ba67dbee64b4db4c4e66342187a14b_5935fb40_500
[Gif from Pintrest]

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:books: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• The Illustrated Key to the Tarot: The Veil of Divination by L. W. De Laurence
    (available as a free ebook through Project Gutenberg)
    @TheTravelWitch
    @mary25
    @judith5

• Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler
    @nesserinne

• Witta: An Irish Pagan Tradition by Edain McCoy
    @IrisW

• The Complete Guide to Astrology by Louise Edington
    @Susurrus
    @Francisco
    @Rowan

• Everyday Magic by Semra Haksever
    @Liisa

• Pagan Portals - Hellenic Paganism by Samantha Leaver
    @Amethyst

• Evoking Hecate: The Goddess of Magick by Anousen Leonte
    @Rowan

• The path of the witch. Rituals and practices to discover which witch you are - Lidia Pradas.
    @nuria

• Intuitive Witchcraft (audiobook) by Astrea Taylor.
    @Magdelina

• Reiki for Beginners (audiobook) by Adya Acharya
    @Magdelina (I am reading two different books right now).
    @Sarafeena_Sage

• Badass Ancestors: Finding Your Power with Ancestral Guides by Patti Wigington
    @Jewitch

• Spiral Sance by Starhawk
    @Wasantha

• Magic Made Easy by Patricia Telesco
    @NickWick

• Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch: True to the Heart By Lora Oā€™Brian
    @wendy4

• Moon Divination For Todays Woman by Cassansra Eason
    @Jeannie1

• Angels, Spirit Guides and Goddesses by Susan Gregg
    @Fabian

• Midsummer Nightā€™s Mischief by Jennifer David Hesse
    @Amethyst

(((Please add your book above :arrow_up: Thank you! :blush:)))

NOTE: If you did not finish and are continuing your book from last session- feel free to add it in again here!

12 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a guide:

HOW TO EDIT A WIKI POST

Walkthrough on how to edit a Wiki Post

1. On the Wiki Post above (the first reply to the original post) look on the bottom right (near where you click to ā€œlikeā€ a post).
  2. Click on the word ā€œEditā€. You can now change details in the post.
  3. You can copy and paste another entry- write your book title, author, and username.
  4. Donā€™t forget to click ā€œsaveā€ when you are done!

If itā€™s still tricky- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

8 Likes

thank you! Iā€™m going to start my Astrology book this session. Iā€™m excited to start reading it.

8 Likes

Did everybody see? Brianna has a dragon! He is beautiful.
giphy

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been wanting to read that book too! Iā€™m getting it now so Iā€™ll join you in this Book Club!! :bookmark:

I see some great choices of books up there! @nesserinne thatā€™s a good one! Enjoy!!

8 Likes

I have added my book choice, Evoking Hecate: but Iā€™ve also jumped on the Astrology chain with @Susurrus and @Francisco because I just realized Iā€™m almost done with Evoking Hecate. :smiley:

8 Likes

10 Likes

Iā€™ve inadvertently started a train! Woo woo! :train2:

8 Likes

Thanks ! I saw @Jeannie1 review about this book and figured it would be a great starting point for my readings :grin:
I hope youā€™ll enjoy your book too !

9 Likes

All aboard!

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone for adding in your books! :sparkles: Lots of exciting choices on the list- I hope everyone enjoys their book of choice :blush:

I am so glad you like him too! :joy::dragon_face: I saw him on Giphy and couldnā€™t resist- I know how many dragon enthusiasts we have in the forum, and a book-reading dragon was just perfect! :open_book: :grin:

8 Likes

As books with multiple readers, both The Illustrated Key to the Tarot and The Complete Guide to Astrology each have a new separate discussion open!

For those reading these books, you can share your thoughts as you read alongside your coven members in the threads:

Enjoy and Happy Reading! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Oh awesome! My train has a station! :rofl: Iā€™m so excited to be reading a book that others are reading too! I never thought that would happen! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

This is my first time. I like to read the spiral dance by Starhawk :open_book:

8 Likes

Reading a personal book is fun, but being able to discuss it with others while reading makes it a whole new experience! :blush: Enjoy, @Susurrus :open_book: :sparkles:

Welcome, @wasantha! :heart: You have been added to the reading list. I hope you enjoy The Spiral Dance ! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

It really does, I canā€™t wait to get into discussion about it with someone reading it too! Yay :open_book:

5 Likes

I will be reading: Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch: True to the Heart By Lora Oā€™Brian

6 Likes

I think i would very much love to be on this trainšŸ„°
I will be reading: Magic Made Easy
Written by: Patricia Telesco

7 Likes

Welcome, @wendy4! You have been added to the reading list. I hope you enjoy Irish Witchcraft ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :shamrock:

Wonderful, @NickWick! I hope you enjoy Magic Made Easy- it sounds like a book that magick more accessible to all :open_book: :blush:

@Judith5 has also been added to the list reading The Illustrated Key to the Tarot- I hope you find it to be a interesting book! :grin::+1:

Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s book reviews in a few weeks :star_struck:

7 Likes