šŸ“” The Complete Guide to Astrology by Louise Edington

This thread is for everyone reading The Complete Guide to Astrology for the Spells8 Book Club ! :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

1646111664.01.SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500
[Picture from Amazon]

Feel free to swap thoughts and share highlights with one another as you read :open_book:

Things to keep in mindā€¦

• Others may read slower than you! Hide spoilers by clicking the gear (:gear:) and selecting either [Hide Details] or [Blur Spoilers]
  • This thread is just for those reading this book - others can post about their books in the main topic thread for this reading session.

~ Happy Reading! ~

7 Likes

Those reading The Complete Guide to Astrology this session (Spells8 Book Club VII ) are:

@Susurrus
@Francisco
@Rowan

(if any others decide to read this book, they will be added in here as well)

:star: This thread is for you to chat, share, and discuss the book you are all enjoying! :star:

When this session ends, you are all warmly invited to share your final review of The Complete Guide to Astrology in the communal Readersā€™ Review Post when it appears at the end of this reading session.

I canā€™t wait to hear your thoughts on it! :open_book:

Happy reading and blessed be :sparkles:

8 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying this book so far. :+1: Iā€™ve read about a third of the way and itā€™s relatively easy, however itā€™s not an astrology book for absolute beginners.

Having studied astrology before I think I can understand almost everything so far. But I feel that the author doesnā€™t stop to explain some concepts like an ā€œastrology for dummiesā€ book would do. Also, there arenā€™t many illustrations or diagrams.

My advice is to print your birth chart and make sure you have it next to you as you read each chapter. It will make the learning process a million times easier!

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club VII - Readersā€™ Reviews!

I agree, itā€™s challenging for beginners like me. :grin:
Iā€™m almost finished, but I think Iā€™ll pull out my birthchart and print the notes from book as a follow up when Iā€™m finished.
Thanks @Francisco !

5 Likes

Way to go @Susurrus !

5 Likes

Thank you @Rowan!

5 Likes

@Rowan Thatā€™s a good approach. Iā€™m learning a lot mostly from checking each aspect alongside my chart. I also found useful seeing the celebritiesā€™ chart examples the author provides with profile analysis. Looking at just my chart was becoming a bit predictable!

I read this part just last night! Itā€™s a nice simple way to summarize the big three. I think I like this book for its simplicity.

5 Likes

It wasnā€™t hard for me to understand what they were talking about until they got to the Decans of the signs. I was lost through that, but I loved the simplicity of some of the others & how it was explained.

That quote has been stuck in my head since I read it. It made this so much easier to explain when my daughter & my friend asked me about their charts.

4 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums in one week for everyone to share their thoughts and see what other coven members were reading.

I hope everyone is finding The Complete Guide to Astrology to be an interesting read! I canā€™t wait to hear your thoughts on the book :open_book:

Happy reading and blessed be :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Hello Complete Guide to Astrology readers!

The current session of the Book Club has come to an end- thanks for joining in! :blush:

If you havenā€™t already, you are invited to share your thoughts on this book in the Book Club VII - Readersā€™ Reviews thread :scroll:

The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed there. You can still find them, along with reviews from those who read other books this session, in the new thread.

Thanks again! Hopefully you all found something interesting in The Complte Guide! :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :sparkles:

4 Likes