đź“– Spells8 Book Club XI (Oct 1 - Oct 29)

Wishing a warm welcome to all of the forum book-lovers!

:books: :blush: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session (Reading Session X)

For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club X- Reader’s Reviews .

As of today, the eleventh book club reading session has now begun !

Picture from GoodFon

Time to read!

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for [[ 4 weeks ]]
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

Picture from EveryPixel

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

ttal101
Picture from the Needle Pointer

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

Art by Denise Martinelli

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

10 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Herbal Teas Throughout the Seasons by the Herbal Academy
    @TheTravelWitch

• Witchcraft Today By Gerald B. Gardner
    @Princess_Tara

• High Magic’s Aid by Gerald B. Gardner
    @Princess_Tara

• The Meaning of Witchcraft by Gerald B. Gardner
    @Princess_Tara

• Book of Shadows by Gerald B. Gardner
    @Princess_Tara

• Gerald Gardner Old Words & the Old Laws by Gerald B. Gardner
    @Princess_Tara

• A Little Light on the Spiritual Laws by Diana Cooper @Princess_Tara

• Herb Magic by Patti Wigington
    @NoName

• Native American Herbalism Encyclopedia by Shania Williams
    @NoName

• The Witch’s Path by Thorn Mooney
    @MeganB
    @SunshineLee
    @Princess_Tara

• When, Why, If by Robin Wood
    @Amethyst

• Anatomy of a Witch by Laura Tempest Zakroff
    @Rowan

• The Inner Mysteries by Janet Farrar and Gavin Bone
    @Valen

• Wiccapedia, A Modern Day White Witch Guide by Shawn Robbins and Leanna Greenway
    @MsQ

• Crystal Reiki by Krista Mitchell
    @Christina4

• Celtic Spirituality: a Beginner’s Guide to Celtic Spirituality by Sara Owen @Siofra

• Pagan Portals: the Morrigan: Meeting the Great Queen * by Morgan Daimler @Siofra

8 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

How to Edit a Wiki Post (written instructions

Walkthrough on how to edit a Wiki Post

1. On the Wiki Post above (the first reply to the original post) look on the bottom right (near where you click to “like” a post).
  2. Click on the word “Edit”. You can now change details in the post.
  3. You can copy and paste another entry- write your book title, author, and username.
  4. Don’t forget to click “save” when you are done!

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

6 Likes

Whew, I’m going to try and stay caught up for this book club. I’m running my own book club on Patreon and that book is going to run us all the way through February of next year! For this book, I’ll be reading a much easier book, The Witch’s Path by Thorn Mooney :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I’m like, two chapters away from finishing last session’s book, so I’m signing up for it again. Too much going on this past few weeks. Whomp-whomp. LOL!

7 Likes

How do we find your book club on patreon? I love love love book clubs!!!

7 Likes

The Witch’s Path by Thorn Mooney
@SunshineLee

8 Likes

Oh, sure! Patreon is a paid platform that I use for people who want to support my content. It’s at Patreon.com/roundthecauldron

9 Likes

I’m excited, I’m just joining the book club. I already see many books posted by everyone I want to read…

9 Likes

Wow that’s quite an endeavor- until February! Good luck and have fun with your Patreon book club, @MeganB! :blush:

It’s a busy time of year indeed, @Amethyst! I hope it’s been a fun read for you so far :blush:

Welcome, @SunshineLee! I’ve added in your book to the list. I hope you enjoy reading it! :books:

Welcome, @MsQ! Haha I know the feeling- so many wonderful witchy books, never enough time! :grin: I hope you enjoy Wiccapedia- looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it! :open_book:

7 Likes

As a book with multiple readers, The Witches Path now has it’s own discussion thread! Feel free to discuss this book as you read in the following:

Blessed be and happy reading! :sparkles:

7 Likes

I’m on the last chapter! Yay! So I’ll definitely get it finished before the next deadline. Then I just have to catch up on some of my fiction reading. I have a Spencer novel I bought that I haven’t looked at yet.

6 Likes

Woohoo! :partying_face: You’re on the home stretch! Hope the ending is what you are hoping for. And sounds like fun- enjoy your Spencer novel! :open_book: :blush:

6 Likes

I’ve decided to join on the book club. :books: 🪄

6 Likes

You are very welcome in the book club, @Christina4! :heart::books: I hope you enjoy Crystal Reiki- it sounds like an interesting read! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it :blush:

6 Likes

I can’t wait to leave my thoughts. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I’m a late entry, so I may be reading the same book for the next 1 also. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

No worries, @Susurrus- take your time and enjoy your book! :blush:

5 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

A Reader’s Review post will appear in the forums in one week for everyone to share their thoughts and see what other coven members were reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s thoughts and learning about new books next week :books: :blush:

Happy reading and blessed be :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XI - Readers’ Reviews!