đź“– Spells8 Book Club VIII (Jun 18 - Jul 16)

Thank you @Susurrus , I really appreciate the help. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

During the last book club I had stated that I would like to read another amazing book from Patricia Telesco, however I am feeling the need for a change of interest. Will choose another option.

6 Likes

I will study this book:
Book Title by Author- Introduction-To-Vedic-Knowledge by Parama Karuna Devi
(@) your username- @anneshakargupta

Just one problem: In which wiki page I have to upload this?

6 Likes

The wiki is TheTravelWitch’s second post. :slight_smile: If you need help editing the wiki, let us know. Most of us needed help the first time. Blessings to you!

6 Likes

Yes, please I need help to add my book name at wiki.

6 Likes

I went ahead and edited it for you but here are the instructions next time. :slight_smile:

1. Click on the edit button at the top right of the wiki. In the picture below it says 4.

1. If you come to a screen that shows previous edits, click on edit wiki on the bottom left of the page.

1. Add your book and your name below the last person’s entry. Try the format at the same way as the others have been formatted. In this case a star was used followed by a space followed by two more stars then the title then two more stars then the author and then your name. Yes that is a giant run-on sentence. :sweat_smile: If you can’t get the formatting, that’s okay because one of the admins will see it and take care of it. Oh, don’t forget to save the wiki after you edit it.

I hope this helps for the next time. :grin: I can’t wait to read your review of the book. TheTravelWitch will create a review thread soon. All of the book reviews will go in that thread.

10 Likes

Thanks a lot. Next time I will do it by my own.

Can’t we meet on zoom for final discussion of our book reading?

Annesha

7 Likes

I’m glad you’re so excited @Amethyst! I hope The Horned God of the Witches is everything you’re hoping for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A big thanks to @Susurrus for helping @Saulamay- may you both enjoy your books this session :open_book: :blush:

No worries, @NickWick- may you find another book that interests you! :pray::books:

That’s an awesome guide, @praecog29- thanks for putting it together! I’ve added a link back to your post in the little “wiki tutorial” post- it’s really helpful! :grin::+1:

This is a great idea- thanks for suggesting it! :blush: Unfortauntely, setting a set time for a discussion can be quite a challenge due to the fact that everyone lives in different time zones and has different schedules :sweat_smile:

That being said, the wonderful @MeganB kindly hosts an open chat for the Infinite Roots Coven on Thursdays (you can check the most recent Group Ritual post in Activities for more details) . If your schedule and time zone allows it, everyone is free to join the meeting- and I imagine witchy books would be a welcome conversation topic! :open_book: :sparkles:

9 Likes

I’ve been on the same book Modern Magick for quite some time and I don’t really feel like it’s the type of book that should be counted in the book club. I’ve been behind on my reading a little and it’s taking awhile to finish. If I get my hands on a simpler book before the deadline I will attempt an entry. I do enjoy my reading on magick but I definitely crave something more specifically witchcraft or wicca. I will make a visit to the local stores sometime soon in hopes that they have something new for me. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m sat here debating between 5 different books to read. Perhaps one on being more decisive would be appropriate :rofl:

8 Likes

I narrowed it down to two. As I’m on holiday next week I’m hoping I’ll have some quality time to read them :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hee! Sounds like me. I have two fan fics open on my computer right now that I’m reading plus my book. Yay for holiday reading!

5 Likes

This edition of the Book club seems to be the witchiest of all!! :mage: :woman_mage:

I decided to stay on-topic. I had this book for a while (Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson) and it’s great reference but never sat down to read it all.

@Princess_Tara That sounds fun. Once we all are done reading we can arrange on a time that works for everyone who wants to participate. The discussion period begins after July 16.

9 Likes

Follow those cravings, @colin- may they lead you to the perfect book! :open_book: Book Club is very open when it comes to books- they don’t even need to be witchy books! So please feel free to choose and read any book that calls to you. I hope you can find something that you love! :books::blush:

Enjoy your books and holiday time, @IrisW! :blush: The advantage about having multiple things to read is that it increases the chances of finding an amazing book! Have fun :heart:

You’re a legend, @Amethyst! :joy: Enjoy your book and your fics! :partying_face:

Nice choice, @Francisco! May you enjoy Mastering Witchcraft :sparkles::grin:

7 Likes

Wow, thanks @Francisco

Looking forward to join & enjoy a lot.

Annesha

7 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria,

I always join Thursday meeting. I love making friends and talking with them.

Annesha

5 Likes

Ok! :roll_eyes: So I was searching​:thinking: for an interesting book but still could not get my hands on one untill now.This book is an e book that I found on a witchy app I downloaded.

The name of the book is Spell Caster ( A look at the world of spell casting). I cant seem to find myself the author of this e-book that I am reading but I will be doing some resource to find something in the meantime.

5 Likes

Can I still add this book to the wiki @BryWisteria even if the author is anonymous.

5 Likes

Absolutely, @NickWick, not a problem at all! :raised_hands: You’ve been added to the list- I hope you have a wonderful time reading Spell Caster ! :sparkles::open_book:

5 Likes

I’ve actually finished my first book already!

I really enjoyed the book. Its a fairly basic introduction to various areas, but it’s beautifully laid out, easy to read and was an absolute bargain at TK Maxx for only £4!

Full review to follow when that thread opens.

I’ll be taking my second book on holiday with me so I’ll likely post my initial thoughts over the weekend.

Tonight I’m reading a true crime magazine focusing on serial killers.

10 Likes