šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club VIII (Jun 18 - Jul 16)

A warm welcome to all of the forum book-lovers!

:books: :relaxed: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last monthā€™s reading session (Reading Session VII)

For those who havenā€™t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club VII- Readerā€™s Reviews .

As of today, the eight book club reading session has now begun !

9f03ce17fd20501373d988f9a05f71a1
[Gif from Pinterest]

Time to read!

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for [[ 4 weeks ]]
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

unnamed
[Gif from Books Library]

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

303f7bf0e74a8547bb5082bbc5584abd
[Gif from Pinterest]

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

a28654a1eddbf5ee01704c698e7033cc
[Gif from Pinterest]

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book:

12 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Cooling Herbs for Hot Summer Days by the Herbal Academy
    (available as a free eBook through the Herbal Academy)
    @TheTravelWitch
    @Jewitch

• The Horned God of the Witches by Jason Mankey.
    @Amethyst

• The House Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock @Susurrus

• Wicca - A Modern Practitionerā€™s Guide by Arin Murphy Hiscock @Saulamay

• Life Beyond Death by Swami Abhedananda @Princess_Tara

• The Modern Witchā€™s Guide to Happiness by Luna Bailey @IrisW

• Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson @Francisco

• Magical Midlife Madness by K.F. Breene @Mamabear

• Herb magic for beginners by Ellen Dugan
    @wasantha

• Spell Caster ( A look at the world of spell casting) by Anonymous @NickWick

• **Wicca - A guide For The Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham @elvira and @RyuWyn

• Badass Ancestors: Finding Your Power with Ancestral Guides by Patti Wigington @Jewitch

• Entering Hekateā€™s Garden: The Magick, Medicine & Mystery of Plant Spirit Witchcraft by Cyndi
    Brannen @pedros10

• Kepping Her Keys* An Introduction To HEKATEā€™S MODERN WITCHCRAFT by Cyndi Brannen @Jeannie

• Wicca Made Easy: Awaken the Divine Magic Within You @jessica72

7 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

HOW TO EDIT A WIKI POST

Walkthrough on how to edit a Wiki Post

1. On the Wiki Post above (the first reply to the original post) look on the bottom right (near where you click to ā€œlikeā€ a post).
  2. Click on the word ā€œEditā€. You can now change details in the post.
  3. You can copy and paste another entry- write your book title, author, and username.
  4. Donā€™t forget to click ā€œsaveā€ when you are done!

If you prefer learning with pictures, here is another guide on How to Edit a Wiki Post with Picture Instructions.

If youā€™ve read the instruction but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been waiting to read mine, it just came out like last week but Iā€™ve heard good things about it! Canā€™t wait!

6 Likes

@BryWisteria if you could please fix my mess up. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Youā€™re good @Saulamay

6 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus , I really appreciate the help. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

During the last book club I had stated that I would like to read another amazing book from Patricia Telesco, however I am feeling the need for a change of interest. Will choose another option.

6 Likes

I will study this book:
Book Title by Author- Introduction-To-Vedic-Knowledge by Parama Karuna Devi
(@) your username- @anneshakargupta

Just one problem: In which wiki page I have to upload this?

6 Likes

The wiki is TheTravelWitchā€™s second post. :slight_smile: If you need help editing the wiki, let us know. Most of us needed help the first time. Blessings to you!

6 Likes

Yes, please I need help to add my book name at wiki.

6 Likes

I went ahead and edited it for you but here are the instructions next time. :slight_smile:

1. Click on the edit button at the top right of the wiki. In the picture below it says 4.

1. If you come to a screen that shows previous edits, click on edit wiki on the bottom left of the page.

1. Add your book and your name below the last personā€™s entry. Try the format at the same way as the others have been formatted. In this case a star was used followed by a space followed by two more stars then the title then two more stars then the author and then your name. Yes that is a giant run-on sentence. :sweat_smile: If you canā€™t get the formatting, thatā€™s okay because one of the admins will see it and take care of it. Oh, donā€™t forget to save the wiki after you edit it.

I hope this helps for the next time. :grin: I canā€™t wait to read your review of the book. TheTravelWitch will create a review thread soon. All of the book reviews will go in that thread.

10 Likes

Thanks a lot. Next time I will do it by my own.

Canā€™t we meet on zoom for final discussion of our book reading?

Annesha

7 Likes

Iā€™m glad youā€™re so excited @Amethyst! I hope The Horned God of the Witches is everything youā€™re hoping for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A big thanks to @Susurrus for helping @Saulamay- may you both enjoy your books this session :open_book: :blush:

No worries, @NickWick- may you find another book that interests you! :pray::books:

Thatā€™s an awesome guide, @praecog29- thanks for putting it together! Iā€™ve added a link back to your post in the little ā€œwiki tutorialā€ post- itā€™s really helpful! :grin::+1:

This is a great idea- thanks for suggesting it! :blush: Unfortauntely, setting a set time for a discussion can be quite a challenge due to the fact that everyone lives in different time zones and has different schedules :sweat_smile:

That being said, the wonderful @MeganB kindly hosts an open chat for the Infinite Roots Coven on Thursdays (you can check the most recent Group Ritual post in Activities for more details) . If your schedule and time zone allows it, everyone is free to join the meeting- and I imagine witchy books would be a welcome conversation topic! :open_book: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been on the same book Modern Magick for quite some time and I donā€™t really feel like itā€™s the type of book that should be counted in the book club. Iā€™ve been behind on my reading a little and itā€™s taking awhile to finish. If I get my hands on a simpler book before the deadline I will attempt an entry. I do enjoy my reading on magick but I definitely crave something more specifically witchcraft or wicca. I will make a visit to the local stores sometime soon in hopes that they have something new for me. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™m sat here debating between 5 different books to read. Perhaps one on being more decisive would be appropriate :rofl:

8 Likes

I narrowed it down to two. As Iā€™m on holiday next week Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll have some quality time to read them :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hee! Sounds like me. I have two fan fics open on my computer right now that Iā€™m reading plus my book. Yay for holiday reading!

5 Likes

This edition of the Book club seems to be the witchiest of all!! :mage: :woman_mage:

I decided to stay on-topic. I had this book for a while (Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson) and itā€™s great reference but never sat down to read it all.

@Princess_Tara That sounds fun. Once we all are done reading we can arrange on a time that works for everyone who wants to participate. The discussion period begins after July 16.

9 Likes

Follow those cravings, @colin- may they lead you to the perfect book! :open_book: Book Club is very open when it comes to books- they donā€™t even need to be witchy books! So please feel free to choose and read any book that calls to you. I hope you can find something that you love! :books::blush:

Enjoy your books and holiday time, @IrisW! :blush: The advantage about having multiple things to read is that it increases the chances of finding an amazing book! Have fun :heart:

Youā€™re a legend, @Amethyst! :joy: Enjoy your book and your fics! :partying_face:

Nice choice, @Francisco! May you enjoy Mastering Witchcraft :sparkles::grin:

7 Likes