šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XII (Nov 5 - Dec 3)

Awesome, thanks for your review @Susurrus! And congrats on finishing The Morrigian :raised_hands: Iā€™ll move this lovely review into the next Readerā€™s Review Discussion when it launches at the end of this book club session.

Until then, perhaps you have another book youā€™re excited about reading? :books::blush:

6 Likes

Yes! I am adding it to the Book Club now! Iā€™m actually well into reading it already. :joy: I just hadnā€™t posted the review of the first book yet. :books:

The last week has been somewhat of a whirlwind that had itā€™s ups & downs & all around. Today is my first day to have for me, so Iā€™m taking my time getting moving & enjoying my coffee :coffee:

7 Likes

Ohhh I see it in the list- hope youā€™re enjoying Raven Goddess, it sounds like a perfect book for you, Siofra! :heart:

I hope you were able to enjoy some quality ā€œme timeā€ too- happy reading! :books::blush:

7 Likes

I missed the last one but Iā€™ve read a few books since then so Iā€™ll review a couple this time.
A few quick thoughts on them:

ā€œThe Inner Mysteriesā€ by Farrar & Bone - This book has a very interesting section on Wiccan cosmology and is a deeper look into the craft than a 101 book.

ā€œYear of the Magickal Dragonā€ by Virginia Chandler - I actually bought this one because I loved the cover art but I ended up intrigued by dragon energies and am trying to work it into my practice.

ā€œThe Crooked Pathā€ by Kelden - A few problems with misinformation and the general tone/agenda but the author makes a good point about local spirits and has a nice idea for using the besom.

8 Likes

Sounds like a good one @MeganB I love the idea of spiritual ancestors and connections to those who arenā€™t necessarily genetic ancestors but still deeply connected to us. Good luck with the hedgeriding, definitely seems like it will be a rewarding pursuit!

8 Likes

I just started a 3rd book & added it to the Wiki. :books: :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Haha :laughing: me too!!

7 Likes

@BryWisteria thereā€™s no author from the book Iā€™m using for the challenge. Is that ok? Iā€™m using: The Witches Almanac; The Sun: Rays of Hope Issue 40

6 Likes

I suppose ā€œThe Witchesā€™ Almanacā€ could technically serve as the ā€œauthorā€ as itā€™s the name of the collection? But then again, if thereā€™s no author, then thereā€™s no author- it is what it is! :laughing: No worries there, Christina :grin:

Blessed reading! :open_book:

7 Likes

Ok thanks :relaxed:

7 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums in one week for everyone to share their thoughts and see what other coven members were reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts and learning about new books next week :books: :blush:

Happy reading and blessed be :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

10/10- sounds like Witchcraft Therapy was a great read for you, @Rowan! :heart: Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the quote as well- have to say I love any analogy that uses Mason jars as an example (and thatā€™s such a perfect thing to use with witchcraft :grin:)

Iā€™ll move this into its forever home in the official Review thread when it goes live tomorrow! Thanks again for sharing! :book::sparkles:

5 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

giphy
Gif by Emma Darvick on Giphy

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, December 10th . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

3 Likes

This reading session has closed- thanks for joining in! If you have a book review to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post. Any other non-review posts can be shared in the current Book Club reading session or the Book Club FAQ.