šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XVI (Mar 25 - Apr 22)

Hekate is now finished

6 Likes

@BryWisteria just curious for future reference do the books have to be wicca books or can a random book not connected to wicca be put in.

5 Likes

Congrats on finishing Hekate, @Nikita-mikaelson! :partying_face:

And good question about the books! Here is the answer from the Book Club FAQ:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve wanted to start Reading more about Witches and The Goddesses, so I finally got a new book in and decided to join the Book Club. This way I know I will read the book properly. I am just starting my Book about Brigid today.

5 Likes

I just added my name to the list. This is the first time Iā€™ve done book club, so I hope I did it right. Iā€™ll be reading Rebel Witch. :grinning: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Yup, looks good! Are you by chance reading that for something else, too? :laughing:

6 Likes

Hahaha, yes!! Iā€™m behind, but on it!! :grinning:

6 Likes

@Debra2 Welcome to Book Club, Debra! :grinning::heart: It sounds like youā€™ve got a great book about Brigid- I hope you enjoy Brigid: History, Mystery, and Magick! :blush:

@BrightBear Welcome, BrightBear! :raised_hands: :heart: I hope you enjoy Rebel Witch! Usually this is where Iā€™d open up a separate discussion for those who share a book, but, if Iā€™m not mistaken, you and Megan are reading this as part of another magickal book club too, yes? :blush: Iā€™d be happy to make a thread here for you to discuss, but I have a feeling thereā€™s probably another place youā€™re already discussing the book, so I wonā€™t make you all have to chat about it twice! :laughing: :+1:

7 Likes

Got finished with my first book so Iā€™m gonna try for a second!

5 Likes

@BryWisteria, yes, youā€™re correct! :grinning:

7 Likes

@Amethyst Woohoo! :tada: Go, Amethyst, go- youā€™re on a roll! :smile_cat: I hope your second book is a fun read for you, enjoy it! :books:

@BrightBear Hahaha I thought so! :blush: Enjoy the reading and discussing of Rebel Witch- feel free to share your thoughts here too when youā€™re finished. Would love to hear what you both think of it! :open_book: :sparkles:

6 Likes

So far itā€™s looking good! Itā€™s all about wands, I finally broke down and bought that book. LOL!

7 Likes

Im about 1/4 way through kali im enjoying learning about her. I gotta say the book makes me feel like im actually at her temple.

7 Likes

OOh, the sign of a good book!

7 Likes

@Amethyst Iā€™m glad you finally got your hands on it- may it live up to your expectations and more! :blush::open_book: :magic_wand:

@Nikita-mikaelson Ohhhh Iā€™m with Amethyst- when a book brings you into its world, that makes for a really great and immersive read! Enjoy learning more about Kali! :sparkles::blush:

7 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVI - Readerā€™s Reviews!

Time to settle down for the night and read for the rest of the night

6 Likes

Yes it was worth every word and minute spent on reading the book. I have started reading Wicca By Harmony Nice and another book which i will get back to you with the name. The second one is a daily read so a page a day and is called something along the lines of 356 and a day of witchcraftā€¦

5 Likes

Congrats on your two new books! :blush: If youā€™d like, Iā€™d be happy to add this one to the list above!

As for the other, it sounds like one page a day will lead to a year-long read. Perhaps itā€™s similar to the Wicca Book of Days with daily pagan holidays/events or the Spell-a-Day Almanac with a special spell suited to each day? Either way, a long term read probably isnā€™t a book club book, but Iā€™m sure it will be a great read for you! Enjoy the book over the course of the year- I hope it has a lot of interesting seasonal spells and info for you! :heart::books:

5 Likes

Please read this book critically and take everything with a grain of salt. There are some good pieces of information in this book but a lot of the historical information is actually incorrect. I did a whole review of it on my YouTube channel if you wanted to see, but I donā€™t want to dissuade you from reading it if youā€™re enjoying it lol just keep in mind that many things are factually inaccurate.

5 Likes