šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XVII (Apr 29 - May 27)

My that sounds really great Muslim Witch, your offering is a honor to our beloved Queen and sheā€™s probably so impressed with your offering! She is probably very happy with that sweet honey! She does like that honey. When at the crossroads once I made a bez wax lip balm to help my lips and honor her too. Cyndi also writes a book called, ā€œEntering Hekateā€™s Gardenā€ in the book there are many good recipes. Cyndi says that you can make it simple but to try to make a good one for our Lady. She addresses all the Magikal botanicals! She actually has a school to for witches that are called to Hekate and it is called Covina. Covina.com

At this time Hekate honors Brigid this is a time of year. Brighid is the Irish Goddess from the Celts and write know I am reading another book that helps me learn more about our lady Brigid. Her fire can help with gratitude and the hearth for the home.
Cyndi writes about Hekateā€™s epithets, May 9 is Hekateā€™s day!
Hekateā€™s monthly epithets can be honored bye making a powerful calendar that is an interactive Wheel of The Year stencil that I made to as well and is not finished yet but is in the working because I pay alot of attention to detail.
Cyndi suggests printing it out from the back of the book. I made a Wheel of The Year on a table to as well, and think I did posted it once. It has all of her epithets on it. I
I am learning more about her by connecting to the epithets. I have made my own invocations to her to be closer. Cyndi recommends doing this to get closer to her. She has many different energies to manifest and bring into your life for example know would be growth. in April she is recognized as Enodia and is recognized as guide. Then in May she is the Queen and is inspired by growth. She is the storm bringer and the guardian of children! After the veil thins and the nights get longer and she brings forth her torches when the darkness comes! I could go over all the epithets but if you get the book she says the most important person is you and the way to get to Hekate is to honor her by writing a chant or a invocation by writing about the storms of your life and ask for help. For me going to deity has not always been a cake walk it takes dedication. But know with a practice of ritual it should work. My goal is to write to her during the dark moon or the full moon to manifest the energy that I need and learn about her epithets. She recommends getting the Chaldean Oracles so I did get the book on audible and reading that too! lots of reading!

Cyndi also has lots of interactive ideas for example there is the Strophalos Symbol, and you can take some salt and draw it out with the salt! Salt is a crystal and a protective agent and by using the adding the symbol makes it very powerful! She says it does not need to be perfect. I did this once and used it under a full moon and it helped me draw such a more powerful invocation!
:rose:Hail Hekate
:pray: Thank you so much and with love and gratitude thank you for letting me share some wisdom I have learned through this wonderful book!

Jeannie :wolf:

7 Likes

Thank you and yes it was meant to be!

5 Likes

yes it makes working out the meaning so much easier without the thinking part

5 Likes

Wow! You are so dedicated to Hekate and love that you have so much information! Thanks for sharing the website i will be sure to check it out. As for myself, i already made a southern hemisphere wheel last year so i decided since i am still such a baby witch, i wrote the honey cake recipe in my grimoire. I will try to do something more for Hekate as i too heard she likes the best (sounds a little relatable) :blush:

6 Likes

This is very interesting to me. I know quite a few witches that honor Hecate & work with her. I also know witches that honor & work with Brighid (myself being one of them). I had no idea that the Greek & Celtic pantheons worked with each other. Although I can see where they would derive similarities & cross overs. Definitely something I would like to look into, especially where I work with the Celtic ā€œDark Goddessā€ the Morrigan.

I tried to find a cross-over for Hecate & the Morrigan, but it seems they share only a few similarities or qualities so wouldnā€™t be ā€œthe Greek versionā€. I am going to investigate this correlation with Brighid though! Iā€™m so excited, but it may have to wait for a few. While learning about crystals, I started a book on understanding the main 7 (out of 114) chakras of the body. I actually work with 9 of them; 1 just above the head & 1 just below the feetā€¦ but Iā€™m starting with the most common. My school has a class on chakra energy & working with crystals, but me being meā€¦ I want to know more & have a better understanding :laughing:

That being said, I have added a book to the book club! Chakras for Beginners. So far I like it & how it comes from both sides of the coin so to speak. :books:

@Nikita-mikaelson is the book The Morrigan: Celtic Goddess of Magick & Might? I have that book & I really liked it. I believe I did a review of it too. I also read the Pagan Portals series on the Morrigan by Morgan Daimler & there may be reviews on those in previous Book Clubs. Also very good. I have done a general information post in the forum

6 Likes

Soifra,
Yes what a charming book, I have worked with crystals but intertwining them with the chakras is definitely going to add some spice! Soifra I have a book that maybe similar! Whatā€™s your favorite thing about the book? What kind of energy work have you tried related to the chakraā€™:books:

Today I went to a Gem :gem: Fair and LOVE crystals myself! You may get grounded and aligned Iā€™m sure and it would not hurt!
As far as Brigid Goes they have a lot in common. Hekate is known as the great mother that has many faces. She was worshipped by the Mediterranean people and the babylonians. I know she is connected to Persephone, and to Demeter and many more. Lady Brighid is connected to Demeter It was said she helped with getting rid of the miasma in the body.

Cyndi recommends is actually rituals for our beloved Queen
[ The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation: Including the Demotic Spells: Texts Paperback](https:// The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation: Including the Demotic Spells: Texts Paperback)
But the ancients they were from all over the place from different places and very diverse but yeah Hekate is the Greek mother Goddess!
Just wanted you guys to know that the mercury retrograde is know here and this is Hekates day that we can honor her and I noticed that we are know currently in a mercury and we can take up some time to honor her itā€™s her day. I want to honor her better by my communication.

Jeannie

5 Likes

Lmfao at least Iā€™m not alone!
:laughing:

5 Likes

Iā€™m still on the horned god thanks to lots of assessments from my studies :confused:

5 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch No worries and no rush, Khadija- take your time and enjoy your book! I hope your studies are going well too :blush::books:

Woohooo 10/10! :partying_face: Sounds like you found an awesome book, Siofra- and how cool that it ties in so well with your Empath abilities and crystal healing course :gem::sparkles:

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on it! It sounds like a great resource for anyone interested in getting started with chakra work :blush:

5 Likes

As they say slow and steady wins the race (not that reading is a race lol), however as for the studies i better take a faster approach all these coffee outing with the hubby is too much fun as distracting so i better buckle down and study hard these next few days :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Iā€™m with you there, @TheMuslimWitch- itā€™s certainly not a race, so feel free to take your time with your studies! The most important thing is that you enjoy them :blush::books: Happy reading! :sparkles:

4 Likes

I have been enjoying my book each night. I have not taken the time to actually write about it yet. But, I know that I will have a very wonderful review to write in the end!!

5 Likes

Iā€™m very intrigued to read your review of the book! You can free wrote it or there is a template for a book review that you can use. Whichever is more comfortable for you :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Oooh interesting. This is my first time, so Iā€™ll probably look at the template and go off of that. I like that there is one for us to use!! Thatā€™s neat!

5 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus :grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

@Janae_Rochele Glad to hear you are enjoying your book! :blush: Siofra has you covered with the basic template, feel free to use it as much or as little as youā€™d like when youā€™re ready to share your review. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your book! :open_book:

@Susurrus Youā€™re on a reading roll, Siofra! :raised_hands: :tada: Hope you are enjoying your books :heart:

Iā€™m still struggling along with my book from last session- itā€™s certainly not a big read, I just havenā€™t had much time to sit down and focus on it. Weā€™re going to start packing this weekend for a flight back to the US, but hopefully I can carve out some time to finish up the book! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums in one week for everyone to share their thoughts and see what other coven members were reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts and learning about new books next week :books: :sparkles:

Happy reading and blessed be!

5 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

magic book
Gif from Wifflegif

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, June 3rd . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

4 Likes

This reading session has closed- thanks for joining in! If you have a book review to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post. Any other non-review posts can be shared in the current Book Club reading session or the Book Club FAQ.