šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XVIII (Jun 3 - Jul 1)

I have not gotten a chance to write my review but I will be getting to it tomorrow. I plan on continuing to read the book that Iā€™ve been reading. I only got a few chapters in. Iā€™ve had soooo MUCH going on. This round, Iā€™m putting reading as a priority because it was completely relaxing for myself. I hope everyone enjoyed the last book club and canā€™t wait to go read othersā€™ responses.

6 Likes

@Janae_Rochele Haha life does like to get in the way of reading sometimes! :sweat_smile: No worries at all and I hope you continue to enjoy your book- Iā€™m looking forward to reading your thoughts on The Real Witchesā€™ Handbook too! :heart: Blessed reading! :books::sparkles:

6 Likes

I will make sure I let everyone know my thoughts by tonight. Iā€™m going to start reading again tonight before bed. My kidney stone and this bug I have, has not helped me concentrate AT ALL, when I try to read. Iā€™m feeling a little better today. So, tonight I canā€™t wait to dive right into this book some more! @BryWisteria

6 Likes

So glad to hear you were feeling a bit better- keep on getting lots of rest and taking good care of yourself! I hope the stone passes and you can get rid of that nasty bug :pray:

Lots of love to you @Janae_Rochele- be well! :heart:

6 Likes

I have been drooling over this book for awhile know and finally got a hard copy of ā€œThe Greek Magical Papyri In translation including the Demotic Spellsā€ Second addition! I will let you know what I think and answer the questions! I see so many spell thereā€™s one I think I want to try! Iā€™ll let you know what I think!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Congrats on finally getting your copy- the book sounds amazing, Jeannie! :star_struck: I hope it turns out to be everything you were hoping for and more. Iā€™m really looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it and the spellwork it contains!

Blessed reading! :books::heart:

5 Likes

You know me keeping it interesting! :confetti_ball:

So I am going to pause the current book & add the new book Iā€™m reading where I have shifted my focus back to my Root Chakra. Iā€™m going back to researching & finding what really helps & works to get through some knots that have tightened up over the last six weeks. I will add the new book & Iā€™m putting a hold on the first book that is listed under my name.

I like this authorā€™s view of the Chakra system as a whole & not singling one out while giving one or another more attention. Sort of balancing them all in the morning then giving issue areas a little more love & guidance.

5 Likes

@jasmine1 there is nothing like getting a book youā€™ve been drooling over! Iā€™m so excited for you and I canā€™t wait to hear about all the goodies you find! Happy reading!

6 Likes

I know youā€™re digging deep into the Root Chakra and are focusing your studies- good for you, Siofra! I hope your new book has everything you are hoping for and more. And Iā€™m looking forward to hearing what you think of it! I could probably use some quality time working on my Root Chakra too haha.

Blessed reading! :books::sparkles:

5 Likes

I passed it, on my own, without the need of surgery. SO Iā€™M VERY EXCITED!! Thank you sooo much @BryWisteria

6 Likes

Oh @Janae_Rochele, thatā€™s awesome to hear! :blush: Hopefully with the stone passed youā€™re already feeling much better :heart: :pray: Keep resting up- I can imagine it was a stressful time!

Big hugs and many blessings! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I added another fun title this month! It had two covers (hard bound and kindle) so I added them both.

6 Likes

Woohoo! You are really embracing your inner Sea Witch, @AileyGrey- I hope this one is a fun read for you! :blue_heart: :blush::ocean:

And ohhhh I like both of the covers a lot- thank you for sharing them both!

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to have to add this to my wish list!! I am drawn to water - Iā€™ve been told it is because Iā€™m a water sign but I donā€™t know if that is necessarily true. My tarot reader likes to call us Scorpios spicy waters. :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

I love that! Spicy Waters!

5 Likes

I am really enjoying it so far!

6 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums in one week for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! Iā€™m looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts and learning about new books next week :books: :sparkles:

Happy reading and blessed be! :books::sparkles:

5 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

giphy
Gif from Giphy

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, July 8th . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

4 Likes

This reading session has closed- thanks for joining in! If you have a book review to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post. Any other non-review posts can be shared in the current Book Club reading session or the Book Club FAQ.