šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XVIII (Jun 3 - Jul 1)

Wishing a warm welcome to all of the forum book-lovers!

:books: :blush: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last monthā€™s reading session (Reading Session XVII)

For those who havenā€™t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVII- Readerā€™s Reviews .

As of today, the eighteenth book club reading session has now begun !

Spells8 Book Club

Time to read!

1. Announce your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. The reading period is open for [[ 4 weeks ]]
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. Share your thoughts
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. But save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Final Discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

Picture from Pixabay

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

If you are reading a book along with someone else, please make a note in the comments so I can create a special discussion thread for you!

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

Picture from Pixabay

If you have any questions about Book Club, be sure to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:
Book Title by Author
(@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• The Dark Tide by Alicia Jasinska
    @BryWisteria

• Witchcraft for Beginners: Magical Energy Manipulation and Techniques by Tania Jenson
    @Amethyst

• A Broom at Midnight: 13 Gates of Witchcraft by Spirit Flight by Roger J. Horne
    @MeganB
    @WitchAngel111

• The Root Chakra: Understanding, Balancing, & Healing the 1st Chakra 2nd Edition By: Barbara Hunt M.E./CFS
    @Susurrus

• Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope by Sue Tompkins
    @Amaris_Bane

• Sorgitzak: Old Forest Craft by Veronica Cummer
    @August_Wandering

• Making Magic: Weaving Together the Everyday and the Extraordinary by Brianna Saussy
    @AileyGrey

• **Ocean Magick: Connecting with the Oceanā€™s Energy by Sandra Kynes
    @AileyGrey

7 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

ā†’ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If youā€™ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

4 Likes

Although itā€™s a book about Walpurgis Night, the full moon, and a palace of sea witches, The Dark Tide is definitely a fantasy book- I donā€™t expect Iā€™ll be finding any useable spells in this one! Inspiration, though, I am hoping there will be plenty :wink: :ocean:

This is my book for Pride Month :rainbow_flag: and by a Polish-Australian author too. Itā€™s really cool to see the references to Polish culture in a book about magic and witches.

Also, could I really resist this cover? :laughing:

Hoping itā€™ll be a good read :blush::open_book:

7 Likes

Oooh, that sounds interesting! Happy reading!

5 Likes

Weā€™re reading A Broom at Midnight for my current member book club session so Iā€™m adding it here, too. I think Iā€™ve given up on Empty Cauldrons at this point. Iā€™ll pick it up again eventually.

5 Likes

While working on my ā€œBrief history of the Chakrasā€ post, I am still reading this book about the 12 chakra system & I have another one recommended by @Francisco & @marsha that has an introduction to chakra systems. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

@Amaris_Bane I cannot wait for your review of that book. I love learning more about astrology! Right now my focus is on the chakra systems & energy work, but taking a break from new subjects & a refresh & new outlook on others I have studied would be amazing!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had a decent fascination with astrology and the wonderful ladies at my local witchy shop recommended this book as a great one to read. I barely made it through the first chapter going through a general discussion of the planets and learned a ton. Iā€™m excited to see what else I learn. (Bonus picture of my familiar as heā€™s always near by whenever Iā€™m doing anything related to the craft.)

8 Likes

Iā€™m excited to join you all for my first book club here. @MeganB your book sounds so good and it got great reviews. I hope you donā€™t mind Iā€™ve picked that one to read as well. :relaxed:
A Broom at Midnight: 13 Hates of Witchcraft by Spirit Flight.

4 Likes

@Amethyst Thank you, Amethyst! I started it last night- so far so good! :grinning:

@MeganB Empty Cauldrons will wait for you when (if) you ever feel drawn to pick it up again- never any worries about setting a book aside! I hope you enjoy A Broom at Midnight- have fun reading! :blush:

@Susurrus So many fun books about the chakras! :rainbow: You are really thriving in your studies, Siofra :clap: I hope you enjoy the books! :heart:

@Amaris_Bane It sounds like a treasure trove of astrology wisdom- I canā€™t wait to hear your thoughts when youā€™ve finished it! :star_struck: And helloooo cute fuzzy familiar :smiley_cat: :two_hearts: Youā€™ve got yourself a very sweet reading buddy! :grinning:

@WitchAngel111 Welcome, Angela! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Usually when multiple people read the same book a separate discussion is opened, but I believe @MeganB is reading it (and Iā€™m assuming discussing it too!) in another book club as well- so Iā€™ll leave the call of whether to make another discussion or just keep the book chat here in the main post up to her! :blush:

Either way, I hope you both enjoy A Broom at Midnight! :books::heart:

6 Likes

Oh of course not! I hope you enjoy it :blush:

6 Likes

@Amethyst read this last month and the review was so nice, I started reading it the same day! I actually finished this book this morning, but Iā€™ll save my review! Thanks for the recommendation, Amethyst!

3D391A14-3370-4930-A8A9-064C9B1C7D63

6 Likes

Ohhhhh that cover looks amazing :star_struck: :eagle:

I hope you enjoy Making Magick, @AileyGrey- blessed reading! :books::blush::sparkles:

6 Likes

I have not gotten a chance to write my review but I will be getting to it tomorrow. I plan on continuing to read the book that Iā€™ve been reading. I only got a few chapters in. Iā€™ve had soooo MUCH going on. This round, Iā€™m putting reading as a priority because it was completely relaxing for myself. I hope everyone enjoyed the last book club and canā€™t wait to go read othersā€™ responses.

6 Likes

@Janae_Rochele Haha life does like to get in the way of reading sometimes! :sweat_smile: No worries at all and I hope you continue to enjoy your book- Iā€™m looking forward to reading your thoughts on The Real Witchesā€™ Handbook too! :heart: Blessed reading! :books::sparkles:

6 Likes

I will make sure I let everyone know my thoughts by tonight. Iā€™m going to start reading again tonight before bed. My kidney stone and this bug I have, has not helped me concentrate AT ALL, when I try to read. Iā€™m feeling a little better today. So, tonight I canā€™t wait to dive right into this book some more! @BryWisteria

6 Likes

So glad to hear you were feeling a bit better- keep on getting lots of rest and taking good care of yourself! I hope the stone passes and you can get rid of that nasty bug :pray:

Lots of love to you @Janae_Rochele- be well! :heart:

6 Likes

I have been drooling over this book for awhile know and finally got a hard copy of ā€œThe Greek Magical Papyri In translation including the Demotic Spellsā€ Second addition! I will let you know what I think and answer the questions! I see so many spell thereā€™s one I think I want to try! Iā€™ll let you know what I think!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Congrats on finally getting your copy- the book sounds amazing, Jeannie! :star_struck: I hope it turns out to be everything you were hoping for and more. Iā€™m really looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it and the spellwork it contains!

Blessed reading! :books::heart:

5 Likes