📖 Spells8 Book Club XXX (Jul 28 - Aug 25)

Fingers crossed for you! :crossed_fingers: That’s one I haven’t read yet. I’m looking forward to your review :blush:

6 Likes

Apologies @Amethyst, @jan_TheGreenWitch, and @tracyS- it looks like I forgot to switch the post into a Wiki! Whoops!

Thank you to the wonderful @MeganB for coming to the rescue :pray: :heart: :blush:

I’m sorry that it’s been tough for you lately, Catherine- sending hugs :people_hugging: :two_hearts: I think getting back into a routine of reading is a great way to ease back into the swing of practicing again. I hope you enjoy your book and that many positive things are on their way to you! :open_book: :heart:

I’m happy that things are stabilizing for you, Jewitch- it’s always great to see you around the forum! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope The Crooked Path is just as inspirational and enjoyable as it was the first time. A good book is sometimes even more enlightening the second time around- there’s always more to see, and new perspectives to see things from! Happy reading :blush: :books:

8 Likes

That’s okay, dear heart!

5 Likes

No worries :blush:

5 Likes

@Amethyst and @tracyS Thank you both! :hugs: :heart:

5 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXX - Readers’ Reviews!

Oh that’s so exciting!
I KNEW I had to tell you all about those events.
They are fantastic. So educational and interesting.
I’m very happy for you :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you again, Wysteria- I’m very grateful! :heart: :blush: :open_book:

6 Likes

Uh-oh! Somebody went a little crazy with book shopping therapy this week!

(It was me :joy:)

Don’t ask me how it happened, though- I was just browsing around some second-hand books and then, surprise! Here there are arriving in my mailbox. Funny how that happens sometimes :laughing:

Hope everyone’s reading is going well! :heart:

9 Likes

I finished my book last week, I think it was. I haven’t had a chance to do a full review, but when I get a chance, I’ll post what I have here. I know that I highlighted and underlined several passages in the book. I wasn’t too impressed with the book, but it was still helpful to read. :laughing: It’s funny how some books are like that.

@BryWisteria – Oh, it looks like you’ve got some good books! That Sabbat Entertaining one looks interesting. :yum: I bet there’s a lot of delicious recipes in there to cook up!

8 Likes

@BryWisteria Getting there, but getting distracted with some Neil Gaiman fiction (just thought I’d read American Gods). So may not finish Runes or Crooked Path. Although reading the review from @Jewitch makes me want to start reading it again. :person_facepalming::joy:. @BryWisteria Your books look fabulous. I’ve just ordered Witch School as I saw it recommend by a fellow witch on here, still waiting for it :sob:.
@MeganB ok you’ve finished too? I’m going to put more effort in and try and put Neil Gaiman down for a bit :worried:.
Well that’s my weekend organised.
Happy reading witches :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Really struggling with mine. Spiral Dance just isn’t all that enthralling.

The Crooked Path was a very good book and i Love @Jewitch review

Might have to carry Starhawk over to next month unless I find some new inspiration.

9 Likes

Oh, don’t feel bad :sweat_smile: I’ve had this book for a really long time and I’m sure the publisher is getting really irritated with me that I haven’t posted a review yet. It was sent to me for free to review and I’m just now finishing it :laughing: American Gods totally counts for book club too, just so you know!

@Garnet – That sounds like an interesting book - I’ve never heard of the author. Thanks for the review!

@Shadeweaver – Don’t feel bad. I couldn’t make it through Spiral Dance. You’re not alone!

7 Likes

So true! Sometimes it takes 100 pages to get one jewel of wisdom- but if it’s particularly helpful, then it’s worth searching for the diamond in the rough :wink: :gem:

Yes, there are some neat recipes! It’s got a whole smorgasbord of stuff- everything from food to decorations to cross stitch patterns (literally- with thread color numbers and everything!).

Honestly, I think I’m going to have to break it into seasons and read each part before the Sabbat- it’s just too much stuff to try to absorb all at once haha. Aka probably not a good book club book for me- it’s going to take all year to get through :sweat_smile:

I’m with Megan- that definitely counts for Book Club! Read it and enjoy, Tracy! :partying_face:

May your package come swiftly, safely, and surely to you- so mote it be! :pray: :package: :open_book:

I empathize- and there’s nothing wrong with spreading it out over multiple sessions! I hope your inspiration comes back (or you find another book that calls to you!) :blush::books:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria – Oh wow, that sounds like a massive book, one that I need to at least add to my TBR :sweat_smile: I could use recipes and ideas for decorations and stuff. It’s really awesome that it even has thread numbers for the embroidery and cross-stitch!

4 Likes

The book isn’t too intimidating with only 215 pages, but it’s loaded with all kinds of little tidbits and notes and recipes and crafts that make it a lot to digest all at once. I guess it’s one of those books that’s nice to keep on the shelf to reference from time to time! :grinning:

I’ve only skimmed it a bit for now- after a few holidays, I think I’ll write a mini-review about what I think about it! :grin:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to hear how it works for you! :tada:

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

4 Likes

Hey, book-readers! It’s friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week (Friday, August 25) :grey_exclamation:

A Reader’s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s thoughts and learning about new books :open_book: :sparkles:

Happy reading and blessed be! :books:

5 Likes

I’m not going to finish in time, so I’ll roll over American Gods to next month’s reading challenge, it’s too good to rush. Even though that wasn’t my intended book, it’s sooooo good. :grin::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes