đź“– Spells8 Book Club XXX (Jul 28 - Aug 25)

Welcome to all of the witchy book-lovers here in the forum!

:books: :woman_mage: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session! For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXX - Readers’ Reviews!.

As of today, the 30th book club reading session has now begun !

spells8 book club

On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! :books:

1. Begin by announcing your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. Know that you have [[ 4 weeks ]] in this reading session
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. As you’re reading, feel free to share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. Just save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Join the final discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

From Pixabay

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

If you are reading a book along with someone else, please make a note in the comments so I can create a special discussion thread for you!

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

From Pixabay

If you have any questions about Book Club, please feel free to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:

• Book Title by Author
    (@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• The Book of Druidry by Kristoffer Hughes
    @BryWisteria

• The Living Tarot: Connecting the Cards to Everyday Life for Better Readings by T. Susan Chang
    @Amethyst

• The Path of the Sacred Hermit by Avallach Emrys
    @jan_TheGreenWitch

• The Runes A grounding in Northern Magic by James Flowerdew
    @tracyS

• The Spiral Dance by Starhawk
    @Shadeweaver

• Witchcraft Therapy by Mandi Em
    @catherine11

• Ancient Wisdom, Modern Hope by James T. Powers
    @MeganB

• The Crooked Path: An Introduction to Traditional Witchcraft by Kelden
    @Jewitch

• Empty Cauldrons: Navigating Depression Through Magic and Ritual by Terence P Ward
    @Amaris_Bane

• The Magical Books of Solomon: The Greater and Lesser Keys & The Testament of Solomon By Aleister Crowley, S.L. Macgregor Mathers, F.C. Conybear
    @TheMuslimWitch

9 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

7 Likes

I owe a big thank you to Llewellyn Con 2023 (and @Wysteria_Norn for giving us all a heads up about the giveaways!) for this book- I was very lucky to win a copy during their online giveaway drawing!

I don’t know much about Druidry, but I’m excited to learn more! :grinning: :open_book: :deciduous_tree:

7 Likes

Umm, @BryWisteria, the edit button isn’t there. Can you put mine in for me?

The Living Tarot: Connecting the Cards to Everyday Life for Better Readings by T. Susan Chang.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Same @BryWisteria — I’m going to read the one @MeganB read last month:

Could you please add it? Thanks!
Jan

7 Likes

Hi, can you add mine. I’m going to be reading The Runes A grounding in Northern Magic by James Flowerdew. Thanks :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

@Amethyst - @jan_TheGreenWitch - @tracyS → your books have been added!

Also, I fixed the post so everyone should be able to add their books now :blush:

Ohh you’re reading this one! I hope you like it!

Oh wow, how exciting! :clap: I was, unfortunately, unable to make it to LlewellynCon this year :face_with_diagonal_mouth: but it looks like it was a lot of fun!

8 Likes

Thanks for fixing me up!

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I want to continue working my way through Witchcraft Therapy, I’ve had a very challenging few months and I really do want to get back into the craft and the lovely community here. I was halfway through the first section, so hopefully I can finish the first section this time.

7 Likes

I’m sure you can do it! :heart:

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to getting back into the swing of being more active here in the forum – I’ve had some life changes that I was working on adjusting to. Now things are starting to stabilize, and I finally have the motivation to read back!

I’m going to start off easy with this book club session. I’m going to reread The Crooked Path by Kelden because I remember it being so inspirational to me when I my spiritual path started drifting away from Wicca-based beliefs. Hopefully it’ll continue to inspire me the second time around! :heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

Fingers crossed for you! :crossed_fingers: That’s one I haven’t read yet. I’m looking forward to your review :blush:

6 Likes

Apologies @Amethyst, @jan_TheGreenWitch, and @tracyS- it looks like I forgot to switch the post into a Wiki! Whoops!

Thank you to the wonderful @MeganB for coming to the rescue :pray: :heart: :blush:

I’m sorry that it’s been tough for you lately, Catherine- sending hugs :people_hugging: :two_hearts: I think getting back into a routine of reading is a great way to ease back into the swing of practicing again. I hope you enjoy your book and that many positive things are on their way to you! :open_book: :heart:

I’m happy that things are stabilizing for you, Jewitch- it’s always great to see you around the forum! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope The Crooked Path is just as inspirational and enjoyable as it was the first time. A good book is sometimes even more enlightening the second time around- there’s always more to see, and new perspectives to see things from! Happy reading :blush: :books:

8 Likes

That’s okay, dear heart!

5 Likes

No worries :blush:

5 Likes

@Amethyst and @tracyS Thank you both! :hugs: :heart:

5 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXX - Readers’ Reviews!

Oh that’s so exciting!
I KNEW I had to tell you all about those events.
They are fantastic. So educational and interesting.
I’m very happy for you :blush:

6 Likes