šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XXXVI (Feb 23 - Mar 22)

@tracyS Thank you, Tracy! :heart: :cupcake: :yum:

@AIRAM It sounds like you found a wonderful book, AIRAM - Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying it so far! Iā€™ve gone ahead and added your book to the list above. I hope you continue to enjoy it - happy reading! :open_book: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

thank you beautiful soul full of light! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

@AIRAM :hugs: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I somehow missed the recipes! Probably 1 of the times my toddler threw my book :upside_down_face:. So went back to read them, I am definitely making some honey cakes! They sound delicious and would be perfect for an offering :heart:

5 Likes

Youā€™re right, honey cakes sound like a lovely spring-time offering! (and very tasty too!) :yum: :two_hearts:

If you can get some spring time honey where you are, itā€™s especially potent - the first harvest of the year from the strongest and hardiest bees (who survived the winter), made from the first flowers of the season. Spring honey tends to have a lighter color and flavor, and is very desirable!

Happy cooking, Kyrstyn! :honey_pot: :cake: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

@Kyrstyn i love honey cake!
i make it often! itā€™s great! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

How are everyoneā€™s books so far? Hope youā€™re enjoying them :books: :blush:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will conclude in one week from today (on Friday, March 22) :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about your books- happy reading and blessed be! :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been out of the loop for a while but Iā€™ve finally gotten back into my abandoned book from last session, Weave the Liminal, and have even finished it! Itā€™s an accomplishment with so many things going on at the same time. I appreciate having this group to share books with! :books::books::books:

5 Likes

I read the wrong book :sob::sob::sob:, but it was on the right topic :rofl:

5 Likes

Congrats on finishing Weave the Liminal, BlueAngelite- woohooo! :partying_face: I feel you completely, itā€™s tough to get through even fun things during busy periods. But you did it - great job! I hope you enjoyed the book right up to the final page :open_book: :two_hearts:

Thatā€™s got to count for something! :joy: :+1:

Iā€™d say finishing any book is an accomplishment - good job, Tracy! :tada: :blush:

3 Likes

So Iā€™m jumping on the bandwagon here and reading Ostara like @BryWisteria @Kyrstyn and I think @niyke might be reading the same book. Iā€™ll probably finish it by tomorrow :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Welcome, welcome! There is an infinite amount of room on this bandwagon and weā€™re happy to have you join us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy Ostara, @Sivonnah - happy reading! :sparkles:

Iā€™m almost done with mine (although I admit I skimmed through the rituals - they are interesting to read, but I donā€™t plan on doing any live in-person group rituals for the Sabbat so I didnā€™t find them as relevant for me). Iā€™m enjoying the handy section about correspondences now - thereā€™s a lot of great associations of the season to explore! :star_struck:

Happy reading and happy Sabbat, everyone!

3 Likes

I finished it last night :crazy_face: I glance over the rituals too. :laughing:

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXVI - Readersā€™ Reviews!

[quote=ā€œBryWisteria, post:16, topic:48168ā€]
@TheMuslimWitch You know itā€™s a good book when you canā€™t put it down - those ones are the most fun! Althought itā€™s always so bittersweet to get to the end of them (unless thereā€™s a sequel!) :grin: :open_book:

Thereā€™s always a sequel lol :laughing: :blush:

4 Likes

Hahaha solidarity :handshake: :laughing: :heart:

Thank goodness for sequels! :books: :sparkles: :grin:

5 Likes

Iā€™m almost done with my book - Hopefully I can finish it later today in time for book club!

4 Likes

@MeganB Go, Megan, go! You got this! :partying_face: :open_book:

4 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

magic books
Gif from Tenor

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, March 29th . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush: