šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club XXXX (Jul 12 - Aug 9)

Thanks for pointing that out, Iā€™m not sure why it didnā€™t occur to me that I could also read fiction! Iā€™ll keep it in mind for future months.

I am having success with the book I picked, it has a lot of activities in it so maybe that helps keep me engagedā€¦ or I finally picked the right nonfiction :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Of course! I think fiction books can be wonderful sources of inspiration for our practices and paths. I hope that, in the future, youā€™ll find a fiction book that resonates well with you - and Iā€™m glad to hear the book youā€™re reading now is perfect for you! :clap: :books:

7 Likes

How are everyoneā€™s books so far? Hope youā€™re enjoying them :books: :blush:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will conclude at the end of this week (Friday, August 9) :grey_exclamation:

A Readerā€™s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about your books- happy reading! :open_book: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Iā€™m 3/4 way through. Oh my, this book is fantastic. Oaths &Vows by Ksenia Menshikova. Iā€™m learning so much about, mostly the Northern Tradition (Nordic practice), but also a little about Hecate, which was a nice surprise. Iā€™m falling in love with her as a writer and teacher. If I could speak Russian, Iā€™d get so much more as thereā€™s probably subtle things lost in translation but hey ho, one day. :grin:

8 Likes

Iā€™ve finished mine but havenā€™t had a chance to write the review yet ā€“ Iā€™ll get to it sometime next week :joy: And then I start classes at the end of August so Iā€™ll have even less time to read! :astonished:

7 Likes

No worries, take your time :pink_heart: :cherry_blossom:

I hope your classes go smoothly~!

7 Likes

I have finished mine and am preparing my review in my reading journal and will have it ready to post on time. It was a great book! Already trying to decide on what to read next!

7 Likes

@Nhaama ā€“ Thank you :pink_heart:

@Mystique ā€“ I look forward to hearing all about it!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve finished Capricorn Witch and am half way through Everyday Witchcraft.

I found the Capricorn Witch one ok.
But I really like Everyday Witchcraft. Itā€™s a easy read and has lot of ideas to add touches of your practice into your everyday life. Itā€™s making me think a lot about my daily and regular practices and how to integrate my ā€œwitchyā€ life and my mundane life. I guess the concept Iā€™m looking for is balance and making my life - one life, not having my practices so separate from my everyday life. :full_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readersā€™ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

magic books
Gif from Tenor

Didnā€™t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, August 16 . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

4 Likes

This reading session has closed- thank you to everyone who joined in! If you have a book review or comments to share, please do so in the open Readerā€™s Review post in Activities