đź“– Spells8 Book Club XXXX (Jul 12 - Aug 9)

Welcome to all of the witchy book-lovers here in the forum!

:books: :mage: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session! For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXIX - Readers’ Reviews

As of today, the 40th book club reading session has now begun !

spells8 book club

On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! :books:

1. Begin by announcing your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. Know that you have [[ 4 weeks ]] in this reading session
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. As you’re reading, feel free to share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. Just save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Join the final discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

Picture made in Canva

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene and chat together in the Reader’s Reviews discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

Picture made in Canva

If you have any questions about Book Club, please feel free to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

9 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:

• Book Title by Author
    (@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Spellcraft and Spellwork by Ariana Carrasca
    @MeganB

• Herbal Magic: A Handbook of Natural Spells, Charms, and Potions by Aurora Kane
    @Nhaama

• Song of The Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
    @Nhaama

Oaths & Vows by Ksenia Menshikova @tracyS

• Capricorn Witch by Ivo Dominguez, Jr. and Maria Wander @BlueAngelite

• Everyday Witchcraft: Making Time for Spirit in a Too-Busy World by Deborah Blake @BlueAngelite

• Marie Laveau Voodoo Grimore by Denise Alvarado
    @Mystique

• Dragons: Your Celestial Guardians by Diana Cooper @Amethyst

• Witchery by Juliet Diaz @kim23

• A little book of coincidence in the solar system by John Martineau @celineelise

• The Path of the Witch by Lidia Pradas
    @diana3

• Open minded Wicca: The 101 Textbook by Lady Victoria Tehilah Firewind
    @WrenEve

10 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

8 Likes

The book I am reading for this month’s book club is Herbal Magic: A Handbook of Natural Spells, Charms, and Potions by Aurora Kane. It’s one of the books that were on my wishlist, and my sweetheart got it for me several days ago when we were out and about. I’ve already read the first few pages and I like it so far. I will write a review for it and share it on my blog and here when I finish it :black_cat: :heartpulse: :dizzy:

8 Likes

For this book club, I’m going to finish up Capricorn Witch :capricorn:. I’m pretty close to finished.

And I’ve started Everyday Witchcraft which is a little lighter than Drawing Down the Moon, my goal for this session. It seems like it gives lots of everyday ideas to integrate your magical and mundane life. And it has little reflections and ideas from additional authors so it’s not all Blake’s ideas. :heart_decoration:

8 Likes

I look forward to hearing how you like this one! I have a few green witchcraft books on my “Want to Read” bookshelf, and one that I got recently!

I’ve heard really good things about this book. I hope you enjoy it!

7 Likes

I will let you know! I’m glad that you have heard good things about it!

6 Likes

I’m subscribed to the author’s newsletter and she also writes fiction. I haven’t had a chance to read any of it but I’ve always wanted to!

6 Likes

I like it so far~! I’m 40 pages in and reading more of it right now.

6 Likes

How exciting! I hope the rest of it is just as good :sparkles:

5 Likes

I have a stack of books just waiting for me! I devour fiction but I always lose steam with nonfiction, no matter how interested I am… I hope participating in this book club will inspire/motivate me!

5 Likes

I hope you find it motivational, too :heart: Also, just as a note, you don’t have to read witchcraft-related books or non-fiction for the book club. While that tends to be the usual choice for most of us, I’ve had some fiction books be absolutely inspirational to my craft!

7 Likes

Okies so, I’m halfway through the Herbal Handbook now and I love that the author makes suggestions for spells for each plant they’ve listed. I’m actually learning new things about my favorite flowers, and discovering flowers I never even knew existed! I love it~! Also, I am going to add another book to the list: Song of The Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell. It’s a fantasy book that was gifted to me by my local library last week. They also gave me a cute little book about the Green Man :heartpulse:

6 Likes

The Path of the Witch, by Lidia Pradas
@diana3

7 Likes

I’ve got you added to the list above, Diana - I hope you enjoy The Path of the Witch! Happy reading :books: :sparkles:

6 Likes

I’ve started reading Open minded Wicca: The 101 Textbook by Lady Victoria Tehilah Firewind. It complements her video course on YouTube.

I’m just finishing Ch 1 and really enjoying it. Honestly it’s a long read though so I’m aiming for at least to Ch 4 during this book club session.

8 Likes

@Nhaama – I love when authors add their personal touches to books like that. Learning new things about plants we’re already familiar with is great! :consecrate_spell: That fantasy book sounds wonderful, too. I hope you enjoy it!

@diana3 – I’ve heard wonderful things about that book. I can’t wait to hear about it when you’re finished!

@WrenEve – I’ve never heard of this author but it sounds like you’re enjoying the book. Long reads are wonderful and perfect to carry over from one book club session to the next! I’m gonna go look up the author’s books and course now. Thanks!

I’m about halfway finished with my book. It’s a short read as it’s one of the Pagan Portals books, but it’s pretty good so far.

9 Likes

Me too~! And Song of The Sparrow is such a nice book so far — it’s written in poetry form which I find very neat~!

8 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXX - Readers’ Reviews!

Fabulous reviews. I’m still reading Ksenia Menshikova book, but not sure if I’ll finish it in time, suffice to say it’s very good so far, I’m learning so much. :green_heart:

6 Likes