Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week (Aug 5 - 11) 🌒

Welcome to the weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that you must be logged into your Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC August 2024

→ Wednesday, August 7 at 1:00 pm ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the second of five healing sessions in August.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

S6 Group Tea Ritual 2024 Lammas Version

→ Thursday, August 8

You’re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active Coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

UPDATE: This week’s group ritual has arrived! Click here to view the full ritual post:

→ (Group Ritual - August 8) :lion: 8/8: Becoming the Lion

[ [ Weekend Divination - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Weekend Divination with Megan Black

→ Friday, August 9

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance on how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :raised_hands:

Look for the post in the Energy Exchange on Friday- free readings will be available throughout the weekend and will close on Sunday. You can check out the previous Weekend Divination to know what to expect when this week’s post arrives.

[ [ Moon Phase: Waxing Moon :waxing_crescent_moon: ] ]

Waxing-Crescent-Moon-Spells-1

Although there is no major moon phase within the next seven days, we will be blessed by the light of a waxing moon throughout the week.

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide lists this moon phase as a good time for spellwork that deals with increase, growth, and patience.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals-360x240

For more spellwork suggestions and ideas for what to do during the Waxing Cycle, check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page :arrow_double_up:

The next key moon phase will be a First Quarter Moon on Monday, August 12th.

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonight’s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Stay on top of witchy news by printing or downloading the NEW 2024 Pagan Holiday Calendar and adding the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:

You can also get the free Spells8 Email Newsletter for even more witchy updates (plus magickal freebies!) delivered right to your email inbox three times a week :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Incense :incense:

Incense Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring a specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until tomorrow: Tuesday, August 8 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities category)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread in Activities :

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, August 9.

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXIX - Readers’ Reviews .

Happy Reading! :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love and light to share with fellow Coven members? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use a boost of positive energy yourself?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Saturday, August 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

coven birthdays

Come wish your fellow Coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the private, Coven members-only A Sacred Space.

This month’s birthday discussion will remain open through Saturday, August 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draw

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the Coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Thursday, October 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid's Flame

Stop by the fire and tend the flame of the Goddess Brigid with your Coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like.

[ [ A Spell A Day :sparkles: ] ]

Spell A Day - Crystal Galaxy

Want to add some magick to your day, but not sure what to cast? The Spell-A-Day has you covered!

Over the years, a vast archive of magickal spells, resources, information and more has been collected from around Spells8. Every day, one spell that taps into the energy of the day is brought out of the library and put on display for all to see and enjoy.

There is a new spell post every day. Stop by the Spell-A-Day sub-category of A Sacred Space whenever you visit the forum to see the current recommended spell!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@christie7 - @jael - @anna-marie - @kendra10 - @angelina1 - @adriana3 - @christina24 - @michelle41 - @presley1 - @mark2 - @aneadra - @saba - @angel2 - @stephanie31 - @rebecca20 - @jordan5 - @eva8 - @susan25 - @Paris - @cynethia - @daphne1 - @vanecia - @shelby - @juniper_lynne - @dartez - @jane7 - @precious - @amy24 - @MissLoyal1982 - @ellie5 - @william3 - @yari - @ashley41 - @debbi - @brittany39 - @jo11 - @patti-jo - @shannon23 - @crystal23 - @zavory1 - @kayla22 - @diana4 - @stephanie33 - @tracy12 - @kathy6 - @cortney - @Danielle_Steele - @maureen - @Sunshine749 - @ignas - @chelsea12 - @sarah38 - @dezbah - @ali3 - @ellie6 - @julia8 - @Pigeon - @roni3 - @ashley46 - @cher - @kyndal - @nekkie - @brittany41 - @lisa35 - @andrea8 - @kendrick1

If you haven’t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in the Introductions category. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello- we’d love to meet you! :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Super Stars

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @john1 - for sharing the most posts :writing_hand:

• @crystal59 - for giving out the most hearts :heart: (on a two-week streak!)

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom through posts and your love through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period- this is so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

W.I.T.C.Hes

Once a month, all those who kindly take the time to welcome all of the new folks in their introduction posts receive a shout-out and a special badge.

Recipients of the July 2024 W.I.T.C.H Award are:

It takes a lot of dedication to help fellow coven members feel at home here every day- thank you so much! :heart:

Click here to learn more about W.I.T.C.H Shout-Out Rewards

All those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the W.I.T.C.H (Welcome Into The Coven Helpers) Badge .

This badge is given to those who welcome all new members in their posts in the Introductions category. If you miss one post, don’t worry - everyone gets one freebie!

As this is a difficult badge to earn (it takes a lot of dedication to welcome so many new folks!), there are no limits to how many users can receive this monthly shout-out. This badge is just a small thank you to show appreciation for those who help their fellow coven members feel at home :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Did you enjoy the Sabbat last week? :basket: Any magick in your plans for the coming days? :mage:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :waxing_crescent_moon: :sparkles:

15 Likes

Congratulations!

Today is “red tape” day for me. Completing required paperwork for continued government funding.

Tomorrow, the complex is celebrating a belated Watermelon Day.

Friday, I’m scheduled to go to food banks. It is also National Book Lovers Day!

Saturday is a combination of two August birthdays and an anniversary.

Looks like a busy week! I hope everyone has fun this week.

13 Likes

Congrats to everyone on their badges! :green_heart:

Hopefully I can participate more in the forum. Work should be settling down, there were only 2 of us running a supermarket’s seafood department. Insane.

Was the forum down earlier today?!

11 Likes

Thank you for all the hard work you put into the forum!

Congratulations!!!

This week I am going to reorganize my witch room. It has really gotten out of hand and I can’t find things when I need them. I started cleaning out the closet a few weeks ago, but ADD brain got the better of me so now I’m dazed and confused. :face_with_spiral_eyes: I’m my own worst enemy when it comes to being overwhelmed. I don’t have to go back to work until Wednesday night, so hopefully I can at least knock out a big chunk.

I hope everyone has a beautiful week!

10 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to do something special for my kitties. I did just get them a new food puzzle so maybe I’ll wait until Thursday to give it to them :thinking:

Thank you both for sharing so much wisdom and love with the coven!

Congratulations to you for this special award and thank you for being so welcoming and making people feel at home here!

It’s Monday and I’m already wiped out. :laughing: My goal is to get through the week and start preparing for my trip at the month’s end.

11 Likes

I’m guessing yes that there might have been an update as I spy new things on the forum.

11 Likes

@john1 @crystal59 Well done you. Big congratulations :tada::partying_face:

@amanda6 @marsha @Mystique @Artemisia Well done. What a beautiful coven we have. And thankyouđź’š

@georgia Good luck with the government paperwork, it’s worth it if they help you. May you be ok. :people_hugging:

@Ostara Take some rest lovely :green_heart:
@KindredSpirit Well done for saving the day at the supermarket. That must’ve been stressful. :grin:
@Artemisia Where has time gone. I’m still in last week :laughing:

13 Likes

Thank you Everyone :blush: and Congratulations to everyone listed :tada:

13 Likes

Congrats to everyone on their awards and badges.
I’m hoping to get more involved in the forum after a little break!

I’m happy to say i’m moving forward with some side work that I applied for. I did a success spell last week to help it along. And on Lammas, I gave thanks. :heart_decoration:

I’m also taking an online course this week, which adds a lot of work to my daily schedule. But the content is great, just more reading required! :closed_book:

It’s hot and humid here in the Midwest. 92 here with a 56% humidity. Hopefully we will get a break with some showers sometimes this week.

Have a happy Monday everyone! :sun:

13 Likes

Congratulations to @john1 and @crystal59 and all the W.I.T.C.Hes! @amanda6, @Artemisia, @marsha, @Mystique, and @tracyS! You are all so wonderful! Thank you for being a part of Spells8!

I hope you’re able to cut through the red tape and get your funding, @georgia! Good luck!

@Ostara, good luck organizing! Don’t do what I do! Get interested in something and get off track. I’m bad for that. LOL!

Sorry you’re tired, darling. Hopefully, you’ve gotten your second wind and can start packing!

Urgh. It’s hot here too, with no real rain in site. Hope you don’t melt!

The good news for me this week is that I broke down and bought myself an air conditioner for my bedroom. I couldn’t sleep and the temps at night were near 80 in there, despite the fans. Sally, my lovely and talented worker, put it in for me so I had it this weekend and it made such a difference!

I hate how much my power bill may go up but it’s so much nicer! I’m loving it! LOL!

Hope you all have a good week!

13 Likes

It’s a good kind of tired, I guess. This morning was helping out with the 30 foster kitty residents at the clinic where I adopted Kermit last year.

That’s rough! It is no fun trying to sleep when it’s too hot. I am glad you got the air conditioner. Enjoy your cooler sleeping :wind_face: :ice_cube: :heart:

For whatever reason, your post made me think about growing up without air conditioning. Where we lived (used to be) you never needed it except maybe for a few days out of the year. I remember my mom’s tricks of giving us cool baths before bedtime and then dusting us with baby powder afterward. I can’t remember if it really helped or not. We always had fans in the windows to blow out the hot air or pull in the cooler night air.

11 Likes

Thank you. Things went smoothly, today after a slow start. Got groceries and a few special items I’m excited about! Hehe. Now all I have to do is wait for the paperwork to go through. No stress there. I have been on this program since 2008. The rough part is the inspection, passed July 9.

the-wizard-of-oz-adventure

10 Likes

Happy August everyone!
Congratulations to:

You all rock!!! Greatful for this community. Thank you to all recipients for your hard work.

10 Likes

Welcome to all our new members!!

Congratulations @john1 and @crystal59 !! You two are amazing!

Great job on welcoming our new members!!

@georgia sounds like a busy week! Have fun with those birthdays!

@Ostara I’m like you. I love to organize and keep things in order, but get distracted easily and soon end up with more to do than I started with! Have fun with your cleaning of the witchy room!

Congratulations @BlueAngelite on the side work! Hope it’s something you will enjoy :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart: It’s finally cooled down here in Minnesota. Our high today will only be 76, humidity is still up there but it don’t feel as bad now.

As for me, I’m still fighting this walking pneumonia. Making a call to my doctor again today to see where we go from here. I am a little better but still quite sick. My days have been spent sitting in my bed watching the cat bring in mice and her and the dog chasing it back and forth in front of my bedroom door.

Love and hugs to my witchy family :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

12 Likes

Global warming is real. It’s gotten hotter than it was when I was young. That plus I learned last week that people on anti-depressants can have trouble with heat. They sweat more and can’t regulate it. So yeah, I’d rather buy an air conditioner than give up my happy pills. LOL!

I’m so glad things went smoothly! I always get nervous when I have to fill out the Medicaid recertifications.

12 Likes

@Amethyst and @Mystique that’s where I’m at right now. Dazed and Confused! :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes: I’m going to set a timer for 30 minutes and do what I can and walk away from it. The rest of the house needs my attention. :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

As long as it doesn’t clutter up the walkways, that’s a good way to do it. That way, you’re not overwhelmed.

10 Likes

Thats what I had to tackle! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Ah. I’ve been there! LOL! Good luck!

10 Likes