Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (July 22 - 28) 🌗

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that you must be logged into your Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC July

→ Thursday, July 25 at 8:00 am ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the third of four healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

S6 Group Tea Ritual 2024 Lammas Version

→ Thursday, July 25

You’re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active Coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Weekend Divination - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Weekend Divination with Megan Black

→ Friday, July 26

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance on how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :raised_hands:

Look for the post in the Energy Exchange on Friday- free readings will be available throughout the weekend and will close on Sunday. You can check out the previous Weekend Divination to know what to expect when this week’s post arrives.

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

→ Sunday, July 28

This week we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to Last Quarter Moon Magick lists this moon phase as the ideal time to remove negativity and banish things that are holding you back. It is a good time for spellwork that deals with laying things to rest and banishment.

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

This moon phase is part of the Waning Cycle :arrow_double_down:. For more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase, check out the Waning Moon Spell Page :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonight’s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Witchy Holiday Heads Up :eyes:] ]

Sabbats - MMM

→ Thursday, August 1 *

*Depending on the tradition, Sabbats may be celebrated across multiple days and nights

Heads up, witches! Not this week but next, get ready for a Sabbat and pagan holiday celebration. Those in the Northern Hemisphere will enjoy the Sabbat Lammas/Lughnasadh :bread:

Lughnasadh-360x240
What is Lughnasadh and How to Celebrate It

At the same time, friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the Sabbat Imbolc :candle:

Imbolc-Ritual-Symbols-360x240
Imbolc Celebration Ideas

There’ll be more holiday info in next week’s Merry Meet Monday post, but in the meantime, you can stop by August Sabbat 2024 :tada: Coven Celebrations to pick up magickal ideas and/or share your celebrations with the forum family :infinite_roots: :sparkles:

august sabbat

To learn more about the main pagan holidays and 8 Sabbats of the year, feel free to explore the Pagan Wheel of the Year :wheel:

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Stay on top of witchy news by printing or downloading the NEW 2024 Pagan Holiday Calendar and adding the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:

You can also get the free Spells8 Email Newsletter for even more witchy updates (plus magickal freebies!) delivered right to your email inbox three times a week :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Full Moon Magick :white_circle:

Full Moon Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring a specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until tomorrow: Tuesday, July 23 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities category)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread in Activities :

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, August 6.

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXIX - Readers’ Reviews .

Happy Reading! :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love and light to share with fellow Coven members? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use a boost of positive energy yourself?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, July 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Come wish your fellow Coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the private, Coven members-only A Sacred Space.

This month’s birthday discussion will remain open through Wednesday, July 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draw

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the Coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Wednesday, July 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid's Flame

Stop by the fire and tend the flame of the Goddess Brigid with your Coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like.

[ [ A Spell A Day :sparkles: ] ]

Spell A Day - Crystal Galaxy

Want to add some magick to your day, but not sure what to cast? The Spell-A-Day has you covered!

Over the years, a vast archive of magickal spells, resources, information and more has been collected from around Spells8. Every day, one spell that taps into the energy of the day is brought out of the library and put on display for all to see and enjoy.

There is a new spell post every day. Stop by the Spell-A-Day sub-category of A Sacred Space whenever you visit the forum to see the current recommended spell!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@alysha - @shanna2 - @wendy6 - @stephanie29 - @crecida - @michael12 - @liana2 - @jasmine8 - @memarie - @christy6 - @kristi9 - @giampiero - @katrina4 - @rebeca - @kelly46 - @alissa2 - @kathy5 - @kristina6 - @melissa38 - @susanna - @patricia6 - @colleen2 - @keithin14 - @joleen1 - @laurie3 - @brittany38 - @tabitha4 - @steffen - @paula4 - @michelle40 - @aimee8 - @charlese - @jenn - @hailey5 - @jennifer67 - @judy5 - @norris3 - @kesha - @BridiesDevotee - @mollee1 - @kristiina - @kacey - @heurtier - @futurephantasm - @blessings - @shari1 - @chanel5 - @pinkie - @joseph5 - @amanda57 - @jessie2 - @sheila3 - @rachel19 - @tzeitel - @kendra9 - @niki1 - @dorinda1 - @kenneth1 - @megara1 - @jennifer68 - @Leslie_Herauf - @amber25

If you haven’t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in the Introductions category. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello- we’d love to meet you! :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Super Stars

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @Artemisia - for sharing the most posts and hearts :writing_hand: :heart: (on a three week shout-out streak!)

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:trophy: After a three-week streak of being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @Artemisia has received a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period- this is so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Will you be working any magick for the full moon this week? :magic_wand:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Congratulations @Artemisia That’s fantastic. Well done :green_heart::partying_face:

13 Likes

You rock @Artemisia! Thanks for being such an amazing part of this coven!
Welcome new folks!!!

13 Likes

Congratulations, @Artemisia! You are amazing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :black_heart: :silver_heart:

Thanks to the Spells8 newsletter, I recently found out that my being born on a full moon is interesting:

I was born about 8 hours before the 100% full moon on the same day.

Another interesting thing I’ve learnt is… Well, actually, it’s more evidence that one of my lucky numbers has to be 4. And I’m pretty sure my other one is 13. :rofl: Not sure why, but the most unlucky numbers seem to be good for me. Perhaps in the same way that during Mercury retrograde, I feel like I can actually communicate easily for once, and I get the most writing done. :crazy_face: I’m a weirdo, but that’s okay.

14 Likes

Congratulations :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada: @Artemisia thanks for all that u do

Welcome to the new members :cat:

12 Likes

Welcome to all the members!

Congrats @Artemisia !! Way to go!! Three weeks in a row! Appreciate all you do for us :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

12 Likes

I immediately thought of you @celineelise when I saw this day and thought… what could we find and do for this? :heart:

Welcome to all the new members!!

Thank you @tracys @celineelise @starborn @Satans_Helper @Mystique

Phew y’all will get a 2 month break from seeing my name! :laughing:

Buuuuuuuuuusy morning already… oh it’s already afternoon. :laughing: Worn out and will try to get to as much as I have energy for today but mostly will be resting. Today was my first solo dog-walking shift at the Animal Services facility. Things went great but man can they wear you out!! :purple_heart:

I’ve got ideas brewing for things to do, like creating my own feather oracle deck and looking into maybe, perhaps adding tarot reading as part of my income stream - things are in the research and learn stage so feel free to share advice (either in my related tarot thread or via DM)

15 Likes

Congratulations :tada: @Artemisia

• for your 3 week streak & shiny new badge! :medal_military:

@starborn I am definitely one of the weirdos, :laughing: I remember for a weekly challenge my entry was about the moon that I was born under… Born Under Virgo Waning Crescent, it was a catch-up challenge entry and one of my favorites to do! I remember when my grandson was born, I did his birth chart and the moon phase, and :thinking: I can’t remember :laughing:

I’m working my way back in, apparently rebuilding the rails that my life went off of about 2 years ago :rofl: That’s okay by me, though; I let my inner child loose yesterday. I played hooky for the afternoon and went on our neighbor’s boat. I got to play on the water mat with my daughter, and we jumped off the top deck. So that was fun; I haven’t done much like that since my daughter was a toddler, so over 10 years ago :face_with_hand_over_mouth: It was exciting to go out on the ocean and have so much fun :hugs: Definitely much needed!

Today got a bit away from me though :laughing: Before I knew it, it was 12:30 PM and I had to go do a few things. Then I came home and took a break to get changed and now I’m here! Phew!

On another note, I have been able to restart my meditation practice and have done at least one for about a week now. I also started journaling again which I have been able to do for almost a week too. Now, I must remember to write after the meditations, not hours later. I’m writing to write because I have the urge, thoughts are starting to ruminate, solutions to things about my day, things I want to remember, dreams, synchronicities… I suppose whatever comes to mind. It’s been very helpful, and I missed doing it. It helped with so many things for me.

I’ve been making progress in my room and the basement. That feels good, and I have been able to do things around the yard or the porch to get them cleared up and comfortable. Plus, I also have four red sunflower plants to get in the ground this week!

A big welcome to all of the new members, I hope to be able to meet you and speak with you throughout the forum! :hugs:

I’m a little bit tired :face_exhaling: Learning to take breaks more often is easier said than done for me. Today was one of those days. :laughing: I’ll be popping back in after I eat some dinner! :yum: I hope everyone is having a great start to their week! :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

Congratulations, @Artemisia! You go!

Learned today that my trip to the hospital not only didn’t hurt my healing of my leg, it helped it! So that’s good. Hopefully, my appointment on Wednesday with my PCP will go just as well and things can get back to normal.

Other than that, I’m not doing much this week. Other than trying to win the lottery so I can buy Sally a new car. The brakes on hers is going out. That’s not good.

Have a good week!

12 Likes

Yes, lets do something for self care day… hmmm. Ill think about it and write you tomorrow. Greif got the best of me today. Gelt heavy and depressed and cried a few tears. I was able to catch up on 4 notes, ride my bike to the store to move my body , trimmed rose bush and saw tow clients. Oh and made food…
@MeganB thank you for my excellent reading, trying to lean into the grief :pensive:
Wishing you all a lovely week.

12 Likes

Happy Tuesday, my friends :heart: It’s been a busy day for me already and I can’t believe it’s already almost 3pm… :sweat_smile: My day feels like it’s disappeared! Honestly, it kind of has… but oh well! There’s always tomorrow :woman_shrugging:

Woohoo! :tada: Congratulations! You’ve hit the three-week streak and got your special badge - how fun!

If you’re a weirdo surrounded by other weirdos, does that mean everyone then becomes normal…? :joy: You can ignore that, just a random thought I had while reading your comment – we’re all a bit weird here so that’s okay!

You’re very welcome :heart: :hugs: I’m glad it helped and I wish you all the love and support during the grieving process. I know it’s hard but you’ve got all of us here!

11 Likes

Congratulations @Artemisia :partying_face: You are amazing! :hugs: Thank you for all you do! :pray:

Wishing everyone a blessed week! :blush: :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

Thank you all very much :smiling_face:

No worries, my friend. I completely understand. I went through a difficult time the first 3 months after Donut passed.

No pressure ideas we could try

Ideas suggested by Chatgtp when I asked how we could celebrate self-care day.

• Spa Day at Home: Create a relaxing atmosphere with candles, essential oils, and soothing music. Enjoy a bath, facials, or a DIY manicure/pedicure.
  • Mindful Meditation: Set aside time for meditation or mindfulness exercises. Use a guided meditation app or simply focus on deep breathing and relaxation.
  • Nature Walk: Spend time outdoors in a nearby park or nature trail. Connecting with nature can be very refreshing and grounding.
  • Creative Outlets: Engage in a creative activity you enjoy, such as painting, writing, or crafting. It’s a great way to express yourself and unwind.
  • Healthy Eating: Prepare a delicious and nutritious meal for yourself. Consider trying a new recipe or cooking something that feels comforting.
  • Gratitude Practice: Write down things you’re grateful for and reflect on positive aspects of your life. It’s a great way to shift focus to the positive.
  • Self-Care Rituals: Create a personal ritual that feels indulgent to you, whether it’s a cozy blanket fort, a hot cup of herbal tea, or a relaxing yoga session.
  • Pamper Yourself: Treat yourself to something special, like a new book, a favorite snack, or a small gift that brings you joy.

and if tomorrow doesn’t work, know that tomorrow starts Self Care Month! so we still have time :heart:

14 Likes

I suppose it technically does. But, like my partner was just saying to me after I joked, “The existence of the word ‘unhinged’ (weird) implies that one can be ‘hinged’ (normal), too.”

They said, “Yeah, you don’t want to be hinged.” They then swung the door back and forth to demonstrate. “See, if you’re too hinged, you can only go back and forth in one direction. But if you’re too unhinged, well, you’ll just fall flat on the floor and not be able to do anything. You always want to be a little bit unhinged.” :rofl:

14 Likes

Congratulation’s♑️
@Artemisia :herb:
:trophy::trophy::trophy:
“**Three the sacred Three”
Sacred Symbols: Triquetra & the Power of “3”
Woo hoo :clap: :unicorn::star2:
Party people!! !!!
You did it again and again and again!!!You are a star :star2: in my eyes!! Temperance
I love seeing your posts and your creativity and thank you :blush: for sharing all your :heart::kissing_heart::heart::kissing_heart::heart::kissing_heart::heart:
As for me
Mannaz
Mannaz - 20th Rune of the Elder Futhark & 4th of Tyr’s Aett :mannaz: *higher union with the coven Mannaz the bridge between the Liminal and the light and divine powers. *Community and a *manifesting a circle :o: of kindness, love, compassion and integrity! We are a circle of witches that can help bring love to the self by doing the “Self Care”
Here is an app I just got started on. It might not work for you but every moment can be used to do something even if it’s relaxing. You all should have to help you gain access to more self care.
This app you must have access too!
Helping me with my rituals
Like brushing teeth,
Walking, meditation, list etc it has everything!
Daily reminders

Jeannie

12 Likes

My life number is 7
Like the Hermit
Solitude
Jeannie

11 Likes

Let’s try to start on the 24th. Need to start a Gratitude practice again… I will start with that.
I am making a new post so we can have accountability for self care and other lovely witches can join.
Self Care Month Join in the practice

11 Likes

Ohh, I had thought to tie them to tarot! Nice idea. :black_heart:

IV The Emperor: stability, structure, protection, authority, control, practicality, focus, discipline

XIII Death: transformation, endings, change, transition, letting go, release

Why am I not at all surprised by either… :rofl:

As for my life path number…

VII The Chariot: success, ambition, determination, willpower, control, self-discipline, focus

Ooh. I will give this a try, too. :black_heart:

I found a Google Play version for Android:

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I absolutely love this! I’m always a little unhinged. Sometimes I get totally unhinged and yup, end up on the floor :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes