⚪ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Full Moon Magick

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Wisdom of the Witches :witch_wisdom:

After some deep reflections and wisdom sharing, it’s time to look up - the full moon of July is filling the skies up ahead. It’s time for some moon magick! :sparkles:

The theme for this week’s challenge honors the full moon and is…

Full Moon Challenge

:full_moon: :trophy: Full Moon Magick :white_circle: :100:

Just as each season has a unique character and atmosphere, so too does each phase of the moon. From full to new, waning and waxing, the cycles and phases of the moon hold a power that can help guide and enhance a witch’s practice.

This week, we continue our moon magick mini series (having previously done the Waning Moon and Waxing Moon challenges). The moon is approaching her pinnacle and height of her power as a Full Moon :full_moon:

Full-Moon-Ritual-Spells
Full Moon Magick from the Moon Magick Guide

This month’s full moon will reach peak illumination at 6:17am ET on Sunday, July 21st (source). However, the moon will appear at 99% illumination (full to the naked eye) for 1-2 days before and after peak illumination. This means that the coming days are a wonderful time for some full moon magick! :magic_wand:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is all about full moon magick - how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Picture from Canva

STEP 1 : Full Moon Magick :full_moon_with_face:

This challenge is all about the full moon - but as always, how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Explore Moon Magick :open_book:

If you’re new to the world of magickal correspondences , the best place to start is at the beginning. Consider building an educational foundation of moon magick this week! For your challenge entry, you are welcome to share what you’ve learned.

Moon-Magic-Phases-Spells-Rituals-360x240
Moon Magick Guide: Spells for Every Lunar Phase

Moon-Magick-360x240
How to Work with Every Moon Phase

Full Moon Spellwork :magic_wand:

Ready to draw on the power of the moon above? Cast a full moon spell (or a spell that could benefit from the power of the full moon) for your entry this week! Can’t find a moon spell that suits you? Consider adapting one or writing your own spell.

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft-360x240
Full Moon Magick Spell Collection

Esbat-Rituals-Wicca-360x240
13 Esbat Rituals for a Full Moon Celebration

Ritual-Full-Moon-Affirmations-360x240
10 Powerful Full Moon Affirmations for Your Next Ritual

Spell-for-Motivation-Strength-Power-360x240
Full Moon Spell for Energy, Motivation and Strength

Moon-Water-Recipe-DIY-Spells8-360x240
Moon Water Recipe

Zodiac Moon Magick :wheel_of_dharma:

As the moon travels on her journey through the sky, she passes through each of the 12 realms of the Zodiac. Some astrologists and practitioners associate the current nature of the moon with the Zodiac sign she is currently in. This week, the moon will pass through the signs of :

Consider exploring how the unique energies and correspondences of these signs can enhance or help direct your full moon spellwork!

Guided-Zodiac-Meditations-360x240
Magick in the Moon: Guided Zodiac Moon Meditations

Zodiac-Magic-Witchy
Adding the Zodiac to Your Magick

… And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore waxing moon magick in another way, you are welcome to do so!

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

From Spells8: Silver Moon Money Manifestation Ritual

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, July 23 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2024-07-23T11:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is ET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Witches-Anointing-Full-Moon-Oil
Picture from Spells8: Full Moon Anointing Oil

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Full-Buck-Moon-Ritual-and-Meaning-Spells8-1
From Spells8: Full Buck Moon Ritual, Journal, and Coloring Page

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Strong and bright, she owns the night
Granting power, protection, and guiding light
She’s watching over with love and care,
The Full Moon will hear your prayer!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :white_circle: :sparkles:

23 Likes

Awesome - I think my current Full Moon plans are gonna go well with this challenge!

18 Likes

Soooooo much i want to do. Moonwater, charging crystals, charging tarot decks, road opening spell… Can’t wait!!

18 Likes

I also have a lot I want to do here… I might have to write out a short plan to make sure I can achieve all I want.

18 Likes

Hmmmm I’m going to try and dig a little deeper for this one. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

15 Likes

Inner work is going to be my best friend, and I can finally say “ I am my best friend”
I am very grateful and proud, I have mediation and journaling skills that will help amplify my intention for this full moon.
I will be drawing down the full moon! My feet are on the ground rooting down far into the ground and as the roots can get getting grounded. I get rooted the branches start to grow up my body starting with the feet all the way up my crown :crown: chakra! My eye :eye: opens and the cone of power awakens the witch within it start to grow and with the inner flame :fire: it bursts out into the stars :sparkles: and moon
:first_quarter_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face::last_quarter_moon_with_face: into the milky way and beyond the cosmos :milky_way:
“My words are power”!
I just pray :pray:t4: for the higher self to come inn and keep me centered and focused!

I think ur on to something!!

:sagittarius: Sagittarius :sagittarius:
Flick your bic!

I am gravitating towards my intuition, nurturing, and connecting to many different archetypes! So I am going to have to ask myself what Goddess am I going with?
What Epithet do I need more of?

I think this is going to be a great one!

Can’t wait either one show at a time! lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Jeannie

19 Likes

I’ve used that emotion wheel a lot. It has been difficult for me to name many of my emotions in the past, and that wheel has helped. It still isn’t easy, but I have more than two words in my vocabulary now. :black_heart:

17 Likes

:star::star::star::star::star: I’m glad that you’re :blush: good at speaking your emotions it’s important!
Very good I am happy for you! You do so well! :clap::clap:
I came from a home that had two languages and it was also very hard for me to express myself or have any feelings. I’m glad I’m learning and I’m okay with saying it.
I am growing still my vocabulary. I’m glad the emotional wheel helped.
Jeannie

16 Likes

It has been a long time since I did some work, I think this will be a perfect timing. :full_moon:

15 Likes

I can’t detail my exact Full Moon plans because they’re personal, but I can say that for this challenge I will be doing two different workings. I’ll also be making Moon Water for something else - oh! I can talk about that!

So, I have been invited to make a video with a bunch of different YouTubers – it’s like a collab but we’re all making our own video about the same subject, if that makes sense. Anyway, without giving away what the subject is, I’ll be creating a crochet charm to hang over the door that has an effect on guests when they come over. I’m not sure I’ll have it done by this Full Moon, but the Moon Water I’m making will be used to consecrate that charm during the working when it’s done.

(@BryWisteria – not sure if this counts as a challenge entry or not since there’s not much substance to the post lol this is what I get for having personal workings that I can’t talk about)

17 Likes

Keeping it personal is a good thing it means your going by the witches pyramid and we learned on spells8 that by doing so our spells can be more powerful. :grin: :sparkles:

Picture by spells8

19 Likes

It’s okay! Out of respect to those whose practices require more secrecy, magickal workings that need to be kept mostly secret/personal can count as challenge entries. After all, at the end of the day, the challenges exist to encourage everyone within their unique practices :mage:

As long as it is magickal work/exploration done during the week of the challenge and you’ve noted that it’s a challenge entry here, then it’s all good :grinning: :+1:

Happy crafting! :yarn: :sparkles:

16 Likes

This is also a good reminder! While I don’t usually mind sharing my spellwork – after all, I’m what people call a content creator (:face_vomiting: I hate the phrase lol) and that’s how others learn, too – I do like to keep some of my more personal workings private.

Woohoo - thank you! :tada: I’ll be sure to share the charm here when I’m done with it!

16 Likes

Challenge Entry - Full Moon Magick

I made a full buck moon tea blend to inspire my creativity.

Buck Full Moon CreativiTea Blend

Ingredients:

• Chamomile: Calming and soothing, helps open the mind to creativity.
  • Lemon Balm: Enhances clarity and mood, fostering a positive creative mindset.
  • Mugwort: Traditionally used to enhance dreams and intuition, perfect for the mystical energy of the full moon.
  • Peppermint: Refreshing and stimulating, helps clear mental blocks.
  • Lavender: Promotes relaxation and mental clarity, aiding in creative thought.
  • Rose Petals: Symbolic of love and inspiration, adding a gentle floral note.
  • Ginger: Adds warmth and a touch of spice, stimulating energy and creativity.

**Preparation:**
  1. Blend Ingredients: Mix equal parts of dried chamomile, lemon balm, mugwort, peppermint, lavender, and rose petals. Add a smaller amount of dried ginger to taste (approximately 1/4 part to the other ingredients).
  2. Steep: Use about 1-2 teaspoons of the blend per cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 5-7 minutes.
  3. Optional Additions: Sweeten with honey or add a slice of lemon for extra flavor.

Enjoy it as part of your moon rituals or whenever you need a creative boost!

21 Likes

Such beautiful magic Artemisa very lovely :blush:
Jeannie

15 Likes

Challenge Entry :black_cat: :dizzy:

Last night, my sweetheart and I charged our crystals and tarot/oracles decks, as well as made fresh moon water for our spells. We’ve got everything ready to go :heartpulse:

I also did this Full Moon Magic spread using my Shadowscapes Tarot deck:

(photo belongs to me.)

Card One: Where am I at this full moon?
Page of Swords. I am currently in a time where I am inquisitive and want to discover new things and broaden my horizons.

Card Two: What needs to be seen and known tonight?
The Devil. I need to reclaim my power and believe that everything will turn out well.

Card Three: What needs to be released?
King of Wands. I’ve been overdoing things lately, so I need to give myself time to relax and release what no longer serves me.

Card Four: What energy do I need to call in?
Knight of Pentacles. Through perseverance and determination, I will achieve my goals. I need to call in balancing energy if I am to succeed.

Card Five: What intentions need to be set?
Seven of Wands. I must continue to stand firm in my spiritual beliefs and I must trust in my intuition and inner wisdom. I must not allow outside sources to sway my convictions.

Card Six: What magic will be made?
The High Priestess. Self-reflection and getting back in touch with the divine feminine. Perhaps I should do some divination work and start exploring shadow work as well?

18 Likes

Challenge-Entry.
Hello! This is my first challenge entry :slight_smile: I did the full moon protection spell and I felt a weight lift from my shoulders. I used the suggested ingredients listed in the spell and also added Onyx because I felt like I needed the extra protection. I have been around alot of negative energy lately at work and with all the crazy things going on that ive been seeing on the news. This challenge has been very helpful for me because I learned a new spell and I get to connect with all of you! Thank you for letting me participate.

20 Likes

Welcome @christy6 ! I hope you are enjoying the challenge! :purple_heart:

Challenge Entry

sigh
Gratitude goes to @tracyS for a post I decided to use nightly until I find out whether or not it is working for me.

https://forum.spells8.com/t/sad-alone-a-wiccan-in-destress/52723/11

I found myself imitating the ASMR when in a difficult position, today. It seemed to help both myself and the person sitting next to me. A few minutes and a couple hundred feet later a woman behind a desk was going to turn us aside to go through bureaucratic red tape which already hadn’t worked until I spoke up and called it what it was, just to let those who were with me know what was going on. Suddenly, she went to talk to her boss and we got things done after all.

It has only been a couple of days working with this ASMR. So far, it has led me to find other things to add to it. Still working on it.

One of the things it has led me to was an older post which seems to have put a new definition into my lexicon. Just started with the spell at the end of the post, so we shall see. Thank you @marsha if you’re still around.

Previous attempts have given me about a week of peace before a nasty return, so we shall see if this works longer, hopefully permanently.

This doesn’t seem to have much to do with a waxing or full moon. Perhaps the repairs of my aura are aligned with the moon, though.

I am getting sensations I haven’t felt in several years. Good signs.

17 Likes

this is my entry
i made full moon water i like to do with it is i rub my candle with it make a full moon candle for my sprit work , the results were great i felt more in touch when i lit that candle and prayed to my Hekate .

18 Likes

I have a full moon yoga flow recommendation.

16 Likes