šŸŒ– Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Waning Moon Magick

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Splish Splash Spellwork :droplet:

Although we leave the world of water behind, weā€™re still tied to the tides - itā€™s time to look up and appreciate the force so mighty it can guide the seas! :waning_gibbous_moon:

The theme for this challenge reflects the moon above and isā€¦

Waning Moon Magick - Witch Challenge

:waning_gibbous_moon: :sleeping: Waning Moon Magick :arrow_double_down: :last_quarter_moon:

Just as each season has a unique character and atmosphere, so too does each phase of the moon. From full to new, waning and waxing, the cycles and phases of the moon hold a power that can help guide and enhance a witchā€™s practice.

Look into the night skies this week and see the moon in the waning part of her journey - this part of the monthly moon cycle includes the Waning Gibbous :waning_gibbous_moon: , Last Quarter :last_quarter_moon: , and Waning Crescent :waning_crescent_moon: moons.

While each individual step in the cycle has its own correspondences, all three of the waning phases share certain qualities special to the waning moon. As such, waning moons are ideal for magick that involves banishing, decrease, removal, and rest.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This weekā€™s challenge is all about waning moon magick - how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

So are you ready? Because itā€™sā€¦

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Moon-phases-connecting-with-universe
From Spells8: Working With Every Moon Phase

STEP 1 : Waning Moon Magick :waning_gibbous_moon:

This challenge is all about the waning moon - but as always, how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Explore Moon Magick :open_book:

New to the world of magickal correspondences? Curious about what each moon phase can offer to the practicing witch? Consider digging to explore moon magick this week! For your challenge entry, you are welcome to share what youā€™ve learned.

Moon-Magic-Phases-Spells-Rituals-360x240
Moon Magick Guide: Spells for Every Lunar Phase

Moon-Magick-360x240
How to Work with Every Moon Phase

Waxing-Waning-Moon-FAQ-360x240
Waxing vs. Waning: A Witchā€™s FAQ

Waning Moon Spellwork :waning_gibbous_moon:

Ready to draw on the waning moon above? Cast a waning moon spell (or a spell that could benefit from the power of the waning moon) for your entry this week! Canā€™t find a waning moon spell that suits you? Consider adapting one or writing your own spell.

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-360x240
Waning Moon Magick Spells Collection

Easy-Banishing-Spells-Negative-Energy-360x240
Banishing & Self-Defense Spells

Break-a-Hex-360x240
Hex Breaker: Undo a Spiritual Curse

Burn-Away-Past-Spell-Easy-Fire-360x240
Burn Away the Past: Release and Let Go

How-To-Break-Bad-Luck-Spell-360x240
Bad Luck Go Away: Candle Spell to Remove Bad Luck

ā€¦ And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore waning moon magick in another way, you are welcome to do so!

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

Cord Cutting Ritual by @Silverbear shared in Cut The Cords

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click ā€œreplyā€ :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the ā€œchallenge-entryā€ tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, March 5 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2024-03-05T12:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is ET- if you donā€™t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Canva

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Canva

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Waning, shrinking, growing dark
By the moon you set your mark
To banish things not meant to be
The waning moon can set you free

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :waning_gibbous_moon: :sparkles:

22 Likes

Did someone say moon?? Iā€™m in! :black_heart:

17 Likes

Hecate is a great goddess to work with during the waning moon. :waning_gibbous_moon: Nowā€™s the perfect time to reconnect with her.

18 Likes

Hmmmmm a specific idea doesnā€™t jump right out at me like it does some weeks. :thinking: Finally got a break in my day to sit so Iā€™ll see what I can find.

17 Likes

Nope, I take that back :laughing:

Challenge Entry 1a - Waning Moon Magick

While looking at options, this called to me immediately

Simple Banishing Spell with Elementals

• To banish with Earth, bury it in fresh soil and leave it there.
  • To banish with Water, throw it into a moving body of water (make sure itā€™s legal and safe to do so).
  • To banish with Air, burn it and blow the ashes into the wind.
  • To banish with Fire, create a fire in a safe place and throw it in.
  • To banish with Spirit, meditate and visualize sending its energy upwards towards the heavens, or downward to the underworld.

I chose a bad habit that Iā€™ve had a hard time with, wrote it on my paper, and crumpled it up.

Then I started with Fire :fire_element: :fire:

Then went to the deck to take advantage of the strong winds to take some of the ashes. :air_element: :leaves:

After that, I buried some at the base of a tulip popular tree. :earth_element: :deciduous_tree:

And finally dropped the rest of the ashes in the lake. :water_element: :ocean:

and am ending by meditating to use :spirit_element:

19 Likes

Zip Her Lip Jar Spell
This spell is an adaptation of a stop gossip spell and it is designed to deal with a negative person. It can be difficult to live with someone who is not coping well with grey skies, ill health, or obstacles in their life. Their constant negativity and whining can get you down.
This spell is best done on a Saturday at dusk. It will bind the personā€™s behavior, not banish them. Do not do this spell while you are angry. You want to deflect their negativity, not add your own.
Materials:
A jar containing garlic, black pepper corns, black salt, & whole cloves;
the lid with the zipped mouth emoji;
dragonā€™s blood incense, a pine cone, and coral for the altar;
zipper, black marker, needle and black thread.

Method:
Write the personā€™s name on the zipper with the marker.
Sew along your lines of writing with the black thread.
With each stitch, say:
I tie your tongue, you moody one,
Your negativity is done.
When you are finished sewing, cut the thread, and say:
I push your evil mood away from me.
I send back your whining words to thee.
Close the zipper, put it in the jar, and seal the jar.
Hide the jar, while saying:
I confine your moodiness to yourself,
May Spirit help you deal with your own negativity.
Now you can go soak in the tub, or do some retail shopping therapy.

17 Likes

Bwahahah! :laughing:

What a beautiful spell. :black_heart:

And your photos are beautiful, too. Those leaves in the water! :sparkles:

This has me thinking that I would love to own a book thatā€™s just entirely photos of spells and rituals being performed like this. :thinking:

13 Likes

:laughing: I love this conclusion. I will take any excuse to go soak in the tub. :black_heart:

15 Likes

I plan on cutting more cords a repeat of the one I did before and a new one

13 Likes

Banishing Spells
If I banish a bad habit with a spell, do I need to stipulate what I want to replace it with?
If I move that bad energy away from me, what does it get replaced with?
If I chew my nails (I donā€™t, so please donā€™t send spells to stop nail chewing), and state in a spell that I will no longer chew them, should I say what I will be doing instead?
Should I be addressing the real issue of why I am chewing? Doing shadow work?
In the spell, should I be using the words ā€œI will stopā€, or ā€œI am stoppingā€, or ā€œI have stoppedā€?
In an archery competition, if I say to myself ā€œDonā€™t miss the targetā€, invariably I will miss! The mind does not register the ā€œnotā€ part, only the ā€œmissā€ part, and so I do miss; hence the need for positive affirmations.
How do you word a banishing spell so that it works?

13 Likes

Challenge entry

I went with Hekate for this one. Just too many wonderful things lining up for me to not.

16 Likes

You challenge entry is beautiful starborn. :heart:

14 Likes

Challenge entry
Financial difficulty removal spell
I sanctified my altar with sanctification
materials
paper
pencil
pair of scissors
white candle - I didnā€™t have black
incense
cauldron

feather
I lit candles and incense
I made a single from the proposal, the financial difficulty was removed
I cut it in a circle to focus the energy
I charged it
I read the Orphic Hymn to the Goddess Hecate and read the spell
waving the wing above the single
The financial difficulty is cut-away-burned-removed
I speak to the wind and it picks up wind
I talk to the fire and it lights up!
Thatā€™s what I said and thatā€™s what will happen!
Finally I burned the sigil in the cauldron and finally the feather
I left the candle and incense until they were gone
ā€‹I scattered what was left in the air

16 Likes

positive statement
The Universe doesnā€™t read no, or no
it is wrong i donā€™t eat my nails the correct statement is i have long nails no i donā€™t eat my nailsā€¦the universe will read - i eat my nails - read my spell i didnā€™t spell it [I DONā€™T HAVE OR WANT FINANCE DIFFICULTY] I put it in strong words, cut it, burn it, remove it.
Sorry, the translation is google :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

14 Likes

Hello
Iā€™ve just completed the uncrossing ritual and am really hoping to remove all negative energies and disturbances. Iā€™ll post in a few days to let you know what happened!

18 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to think of something to do for this challenge and I think I figured it out last night - my whole house needs a good cleansing. This is a great time to do it!

16 Likes

This is my entry

I might add more to this when I get off work

14 Likes

I am excited to try this challenge :waning_gibbous_moon: Iā€™ve never tried any moon magick before and feel now is the perfect time to reset and reflect with this challenge.

14 Likes

I was so enchanted and gripped by your entry starborn, I really enjoyed reading this :black_heart:

14 Likes

Iā€™ve been pondering that one too and decided to do the same tonight! May yours be blessed and powerful :consecrate_spell: :purple_heart:

13 Likes