Color Association(s): Deep Red
Elemental Association(s): Earth :earth_element:
Deity(ies): Heimdall/Odin

Herbal Association(s): Madder :herb:
Tree Association(s): Holly

Astrological Association(s): Jupiter :astrology_jupiter:
Month/Days: April 14 – April 29
Chakras: Heart :heart:, Root, Sacral
Tarot Card(s): 3 of Pentacles :pentacle_tarot: , 10 of Pentacles :pentacle_tarot: , Ace of Wands :wand_tarot:

Magickal Uses: Help or cooperation with others, increase mental agility, improve memory, promote harmonious relationships, & success in legal & academic issues.

Use Mannaz to cultivate more of your own potential. There is something deeply & inherently human in each of us, & the world benefits by sharing that with others. Whether it’s creative pursuits, professional aspirations, or simply a way to live to your highest potential, invoke Mannaz to help bring forth that from which the world & you will benefit.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Divine Union, Relationships, Ancestors, Community, Intelligence, Manifestation, Origin, Self, Family, Man/Humankind, Natural Gifts, Physical & Spiritual Cultivation

Brightstave/Upright: Rune of humanity & of humanness with all of nobility & power of spirit along with weakness & mortality. Great intelligence is born of divine or higher knowledge. There is happiness in inner & social life born of a realization of the truths of human existence. Blinders removed. Awakening. See things as they are. Could indicate seekers of any kind. Success in learning. Self-development: nurture & grow that which is natural & unique to you. Your gifts are necessary not only for your personal development & fulfillment but for the betterment of those in your chosen community. Never doubt yourself, never doubt the magic that flows through your soul.

Merkstave/Reversed: Depression due to the perception of hopelessness. Dwell on mortality & weakness, fearing true knowledge. Relationships are based on lies & misperceptions. A blockage of Mannaz leads to blindness, self-delusion, & tendency to live in fantasy. Isolation. Low self-esteem. Our alignment with the inner self. Need downtime away from others to tune back in. May indicate not likely to receive assistance from someone else at this time. Or interference from others toward a goal you’re working toward. Self-reliance & unconventional approaches are useful.

“I see your eyes, they are my own. I see your struggle, it is mine. I commit to developing myself in all ways so that you, my brothers & sisters, can rise, & thrive alongside me.”

Meditation: Mannaz :mannaz: - Magin Rose

Sources:

• Chamberlain, Lisa. Runes for Beginners: A Guide to Reading Runes in Divination, Rune Magic, and the Meaning of the Elder Futhark Runes . Chamberlain Publications, 2018.

• Kristina, Jillian. “Wild Runes Deck - Tamed Wild.” Nashville Metropolitan Area, Nashville, 2020. Wild Runes Deck – Tamed Wild

• Simonds, Josh. The Beginner’s Guide to Runes: Divination and Magic with the Elder Futhark Runes . Rockridge Press, 2020.

• Thorsson, Edred. Big Book of Runes and Rune Magic: A Complete Guide to Interpreting Runes, Rune Lore, and the Art of Runecasting . Red Wheel/Weiser, 2018.

6 Likes

Ohhhhh I like this- I like this a lot. Perhaps Mannaz would be a great enhancer to add to spells that deal with boosting creativity and motivation? For example, unlocking your abilities in order to go farther than before and get more accomplished… hmmm the possibilities are exciting :star_struck:

This is another wonderful rune- thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, @Susurrus! :heart::mannaz:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I liked that one too! They each have their own stories & meanings that are as open to interpretation as anything.

3 Likes

That’s such a great way to put it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes