Spirit Animals šŸ¦

It sounds like you are blessed with a lot of wildlife where you live, @janelle! :evergreen_tree: :blush: I can imagine it would be harder to read meanings in animals when you see them every day as part of daily life!

Maybe in such a case, you could associate not only their meanings (either from an animal meaning guide like Animal Symbolism or Spirit Animal: Animal Meanings, or from your own personal associations with each animal) but also their actions.

Perhaps if you see more eagles than usual, it is a sign to take off and try something new :dove: . Or if you catch sight of magpies picking on a raven, it could mean that you need to pay less attention to material goods :moneybag: and focus more on internal matters :woman_in_lotus_position:. Or perhaps that those close to you are trying to learn about one of your secrets :shushing_face:.

Have fun with reading the signs that animals bring! And if you see any particularly interesting critters, feel free to share pics! Here in the city life, I love every rare glimpse of wildlife :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you!! I love your take on this. I live in Alaska so we are blessed with wildlife everywhere. Itā€™s magical indeed :heart:

6 Likes

Are they scary? Thatā€™s a great spirit guide to have!! :laughing: :bear: It must be that Iā€™ve never seen one in town!

4 Likes

Itā€™s a little bit frightening. I honestly think the spike in bear sightings is due to Alaska ā€œHunkering downā€ right as they were coming out of their dens. The whole state was pretty quiet. A lot of the villages are still on lockdown. Doesnā€™t help that a lot of folks havenā€™t converted to the bear safe trash cans, they really do make a difference.

5 Likes

Starting to think my spirit animal is a toad as crazy fred keeps showing up

11 Likes

I have these websites book marked on my computer. They are my favorite go-to sites for reference on spirit animals and animal symbolism in general :slight_smile:
@Francisco @SilverBear

9 Likes

Ohhhhh excellent resources on spirit animals :eyes:

Iā€™ve been seeing a lot of the hooded crows lately, and the other day as I was walking by one just stood on the edge of the sidewalk and didnā€™t move as I got closer. He just watched me intently- like he was trying to tell me somethingā€¦

The Spirit Animal Totem site had some interesting interpretations of the meanings of crows:

Conversely, similar to the Cheetah, the Crow symbolism could also be letting you know that you are spreading yourself a little bit too thin. Thus, the Crow meaning insists itā€™s time to step back and reassess where you. You can do this by taking stock of your dreams and aspirations. Moreover, being clear about your desires is the key to manifesting your intentions.

There was a nagging thought in the back of my mind that I was taking on too many projects between school, work, and hobbies lately- I guess this is a sure sign itā€™s time to take a step back! :sweat_smile::+1:

Thank you crow, and also thank you for sharing, @Missa! :heart: :blush:

8 Likes

13 Likes

The Crow is the spirit animal of the Morrigan as well. You just finished a video on Macha, she too transforms into both a horse and a crow. Interesting to consider the connection!

9 Likes

@Francisco I just realized i accidentally flagged my own post :sweat_smile: oops. Now I cant see it on here anymore

7 Likes

LOL I just undeleted it! Here it is: Spirit Animals šŸ¦

8 Likes

@Missa, great information! Thank you for sharing! How do you know who is your spirit animal? I read about the wolf and it does describe me pretty good! Always had an obsession with wolves, even as a kid. However, how do you distinguish between admiration of an animal or the actual spirit animal?

8 Likes

Mine is a black bear according to a reading I had done with a Shaman. What is your birthday (month and day is all I need) I have a book from Native American culture on spirit guides which coincides on birthdays I can look it up for you.

10 Likes

Of course! Glad to help. I just explained to @berta about this! Check out this post/reply

7 Likes

What does a cat mean

7 Likes

I donā€™t know that I have an animal that keeps showing up other than my neighborhood bunnies, squirrels, crows, and other birds. @SilverBear would you be able to find my Native American animal? I was born on November 7. I would be interested to find out.

6 Likes

Hello Andrea!

Cats are a wonderful spirit animal to have. There are many resources where you can find out more about their meanings:

Good luck and blessed be! :cat2: :heart:

4 Likes

You were born under the Freeze up Moon (October 24 - Nov 21)
Second Moon of Mudjekeewis and Spirit Keeper of the West
Your animal is a Snake
Plant is a Thistle
Mineral is Copper and Malachite
Color: Orange
Elemental Water - Frog Clan
Characteristics: Vibrant, active, intuitive, mystical, wary and transformative.

Snake people have the ability to bring change to any of the things with which they are involved. While they are usually not very malleable themselves, they can adapt situations around them into whatever shapes they desire. Snake people have high energy running through them at most times, and they have many new ideas about ways in which any situation can be improved. When the snake person is in balance most of their ideas will be sound ones, and one they are fully capable of implementing.

Because snake people are generally attuned to the higher energies around them, once they have purified their own spirits they are capable of helping others with this tasks. Many snake people are natural healers when in balance.

Snake people can also be stubborn, critical, jealous and deceitful and given to times of furious anger, often cuttingly directed toward those who are closest to them. It is important for snake people in this condition to remember that they have all the power they need to bring their energies into a more helpful, pleasant, clear and serving place.

There is a lot more to these totems - but thatā€™s just a sample.

6 Likes

Thank you & I was born under the year of the Snake under the western Zodiac. Itā€™s really interesting & I relate to more than a few things in there about being a Snake Totem. I really appreciate you doing this for me. Thank you again.

6 Likes

You are welcome! I love this book. I resonate with so much under my own totem as well.

6 Likes