Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 12 servings 1x

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small white onion, peeled and diced
1 large carrot (or 1 cup of baby carrots), peeled and diced
1 pound asparagus, cut on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces
4 ounces sugar snap peas, halved
3–4 cups chopped broccoli florets (about 1 medium head of broccoli)
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
12 large eggs, whisked
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until it is soft and translucent.

Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, carrot, asparagus, snap peas, broccoli, and garlic, and stir to combine. Continue cooking for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened and cooked through. Add the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, and stir for another 3-4 minutes.

Transfer about half of the veggie mixture to the prepared baking dish, and spread the veggies out in an even layer. Sprinkle evenly with half of the feta cheese. Repeat by adding the remaining veggies on top in an even layer, followed by the rest of the cheese.

In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper together until combined. Then evenly pour the egg mixture over the veggies.

Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the casserole comes out clean. Serve immediately.

Notes:

*If you would like to make this casserole in advance, just cover and refrigerate the casserole for up to 1 day before baking. Then remove the cover, let the casserole rest out at room temperature while the oven is heating up, then bake as directed.

*Feel free to add any of your other favorite spring vegetables to this recipe, too. The idea is just to be sure that they are cooked through before combining them with the egg mixture.

*If you would like extra seasoning with this casserole, you could whisk some seasonings into the egg mixture. For example, you could use 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1/4 cup of basil pesto, or a few tablespoons of chopped fresh basil — whatever sounds good!

Recipe courtesy of GimmesSomeOven.

8 Likes

@Amethyst
What a great idea! I love this recipe, it looks so good and so easy. Thank you for sharing another yummy recipe!
Love always :green_heart: :pink_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I wanted to get this one in before starting to move to the summer recipes. Time is flying!

4 Likes

Hooray for another lovely spring recipe! :grinning: :bouquet:

I’ve been eating eggs by the carton lately- we had traditional polish soup with eggs and egg salad yesterday for Easter, but I’m still not sick of them yet haha. It’s definitely an egg-y time of year! :egg: :smile: :fried_egg:

Thank you so much for the recipe, @Amethyst- they are always fun to see! :sparkles::blush:

3 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! This seemed like an egg-celent Sunday to post this one. LOL!

3 Likes

:egg: :joy: :+1:

2 Likes