Starting a 30-minute morning ritual for mindfulness

My days are filled with busy business. Before I know it, a week has gone by, and then a month, and then a year and I don’t know where it went. I read something the other day from the homeschooling community called a morning basket. I am going to make a witchy morning basket and commit to 30 minutes in the morning to spending time with it. No phone or computer unless I do those 30 minutes with my basket. Things I’m going to put in my basket:

• Candle, Incense
  • Lighter or matches
  • Pens, Highlighters, colored pencils, stickers
  • Journal
  • Witches Almanac or Calendar
  • Book
  • Tarot/Oracle

Things I’m going to work on in those 30 minutes:

• Coffee/tea
  • Light a candle and Incense
  • Set intentions for the day
  • Pray/meditate
  • Journal/Gratitude/Dreams/Shadow work
  • Draw/Color
  • Calendar/Things to do
  • Read a book on something new you are learning
  • Tarot/oracle

I’m not going to do it all in those 30 minutes, just what is calling me for that day. I think that just taking 30 minutes of quiet time each morning will help be more mindful of where my time and energy goes. I may even eat my breakfast by candlelight! Let me know what you think and if you have a daily morning ritual.

22 Likes

I just thought of something else to include reading someone’s post about pendulums. I am going to include a pendulum and board in my basket to! :pendulum:

16 Likes

This is fantastic, I may copy this if I may. Do you recommend witches almanac, I’ve never used one :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Llewellyn makes a great one, but I like their datebook better because it tells you good days to plant. I had one for 2022 and it was never wrong, so I ordered one foe 2024. It would have been very helpful for 2023, but I didnt get this years.

11 Likes

Thankyou. I’ll get one :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

My morning ritual in a basket!

19 Likes

That’s a good idea and a nice-looking basket! I do a morning ritual, even when I don’t feel like it. LOL! I end up enjoying it by the end so it’s all good. I meditate, draw tarot/oracle cards, read a chapter of a witchy book, and things like that. It makes me feel good to do it. I just get lazy sometimes and have to push through.

15 Likes

Thank you Amethyst. I got the basket for $3 at Goodwill. I think it will help having everything in one place. I am so Add that I would be to exhausted from looking for my stuff to even do the ritual. Been there, done that. We will see.if this works. Lol! :basket:

15 Likes

It should work for you! I have faith in you!

12 Likes

Oh my Gods… I don’t know why I never thought about a morning basket (for both my child’s morning homeschool and also my own practice) because dang - it’s a great idea!

I don’t currently have a morning routine besides wake up, get the fiance off to work, wake up the kiddo, and get our day started. This usually involves hopping right into breakfast, chores, and work. It’s not often that I feel like I have the time in the morning to just slowly wake up and do things. I wake up and just…go! Honestly, it’s probably not the healthiest way for me to run my day, but there are a lot of things going on with my life right now…I would probably benefit from switching this around and trying to make a routine like this.

Thank you for this amazing idea! :heart:

13 Likes

Great Idea! I am setting up a backpack as my “basket”. Then it is portable.

15 Likes

I tried it out this morning and it was great! Let me know how it works for yall. :basket: :notebook:

13 Likes

@Ostara love this and I’m gonna start doing it. I’m sure if have some sort of box or basket around and maybe I can start getting up at regular hour. I need routine and structure in my mornings. Currently- NONE. So I’m gonna steal this idea, thanks so much for posting it!

14 Likes

@Ostara - I’m so glad to hear that it worked well for you! :clap: The entire purpose of a routine or structure is to make something that works for the individual. I hope this continues to work for you!

@Dierna_Nimue_Selene – I fully relate to that :joy: I also have no structure or routine. There’s too many variables in my life right now, but maybe I can work something like this into my day!

13 Likes

Thank you @MeganB. I’m going to do it outside to my garden tomorrow morning. The sunrise is at 6:41 and it’s going to be 61 degrees. That’s the great thing about having everything in the basket, you can take anywhere. I will let you know how it goes. :sunrise:

13 Likes

@Ostara
This is a wonderful Idea!

12 Likes

It helps a lot when you have an ADD brain like me!

12 Likes

Fabulous idea!!! I think I am going to create a similar basket.

11 Likes

That is such a great idea, a little upset with myself for not thinking of something like that

Yep, I’m right there with you

11 Likes

Thank you @Phoenix_Rose and @Nixi. I completed day two. I didn’t go outside because it’s so foggy I couldn’t see the sun rise.

11 Likes