1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg plus 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add egg, egg whites, and oil; stir just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and nuts. Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.

Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Notes:

How do you keep strawberries from sinking to the bottom of the pan?

Tossing strawberries in a bit of flour should keep them from sinking through the batter to the bottom of the pan during baking. The flour absorbs excess moisture from the berries and helps keep them more suspended in the bread.

What do you serve with strawberry bread?

Try serving slices of strawberry bread with orange butter or strawberry cream cheese frosting.

Does strawberry bread need to be refrigerated?

Strawberry bread does not need to be refrigerated. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days.

Can you make muffins with this strawberry bread recipe?

Yes, you make muffins with this strawberry bread recipe. Increase the oven temperature to 375°. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 23-28 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.

Recipe Courtesy of Taste of Home.

8 Likes

Sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing :heart:

5 Likes

You’re welcome! :strawberry:

4 Likes

I first thought this was going in the direction of Strawberry Streusel (also very tasty :yum:), but what a delight to find it’s actually a healthy bread- this sounds amazing! :star_struck:

Thanks for this tasty summer recipe, @Amethyst- it sounds like a wonderfully fruity bread and definitely something I’d enjoy eating :bread: :strawberry: :drooling_face:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I was thinking it would be good with blackberries as well!

4 Likes

Thanks love! I’m bookmarking this delicious recipe!!! I could smell it baking already! :drooling_face:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! It would be great with cream cheese on it, wouldn’t it? Yum!

4 Likes

Ooh yeah! Oh man I’m hungry now :joy:
Btw, I still haven’t gotten a tracking number yet. But you’ll know as soon as I do k :wink:

4 Likes

That’s okay, I probably won’t look it up, if you say it’ll be here by Wednesday, that’s when it’ll be. I’ve a little something coming for you but you must live closer to Amazon than I do because it’s due tomorrow. I hope you like it!

4 Likes

Oh ok thank you!!

Hahaha :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth: you’re hilarious!!!

4 Likes

Well! You’re getting it overnight! That’s something. I usually have to wait three or four days after the pandemic started. That gets annoying sometimes.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve had a package from New York about an hour from me take about a month to get to me!!! During the pandemic. It’s crazy. But now things are pretty much back to normal.

3 Likes