Filling

1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream

Topping

2 cups water
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
8 ounces fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut into 1โ„2-inch-thick slices (about 1 cup)
3 tablespoons strawberry jam
2 cups sliced strawberries

Directions:

Step 1

Prepare the Crust: Preheat the oven to 350ยฐF. Stir together crushed pretzels, light brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl. Firmly press the crumb mixture on the bottom, up sides, and onto the lip of a lightly greased 9-inch pie pan. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 14 minutes. Remove pan to a wire rack, and cool completely for about 1 hour.

Step 2

Prepare the Filling: Beat softened cream cheese, vanilla, and 1โ„2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until sugar dissolves and the mixture is completely smooth; set aside. Beat cream at high speed using the whisk attachment until medium-soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Stir whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated. Spread into crust. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.

Step 3

Prepare the Topping: Combine water and 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high. Remove pan from heat. Add rhubarb slices; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Drain rhubarb; cool completely, about 30 minutes.

Step 4

Microwave jam in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH until hot, about 20 seconds. Add strawberries, and gently stir to coat. Add rhubarb slices, and gently stir to coat. Top pie with fruit, and serve.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

6 Likes

A pretzel crust sounds amazing! Wow! I might just have to try this one, with substitutions of course: gluten-free for me and sugar-free for my husband!
Thanks so much for sharing @Amethyst

4 Likes

Youโ€™re welcome, @marsha! I hope it works out for you. It does sound good, doesnโ€™t it?

4 Likes

Pretzel pie!?!? :star_struck: Iโ€™ve never had this before- gosh, it sounds delicious! :yum::pie:

Weโ€™ve been eating pretzel bread by the bag lately- it makes really good hamburger buns or just served with butter. I can imagine how delicious it is as a full-on dessert! :two_hearts:

Thanks for another fun summer recipe, Amethyst!

3 Likes

Evidently, itโ€™s something Iโ€™ve been missing, is a strawberry pretzel salad. It sounded good so I had to post it for this week. Glad you liked it!

3 Likes