Stuffed animals

Hello, I feel kind of silly and I’m sure I could create my own celebration or ritual around this, but I just want to know if anyone else has experienced or thought about the same thing.

My stuffed animals were real when I was a child. Similar to Toy Story, or Velveteen Rabbit. I feel that they all have some spirit or energy in them that I probably put into them. Now I’m 40, my son is 12, and they are in a box that I cannot bear to throw out. They are too far used to be given away or donated as I know they will end up in the trash.

What have other people done to release the spirit and energy from a material object in order to be okay throwing it away? This is really hard for me, but there’s too many to keep them all. Other people’s used stuffed animals kind of make me feel icky when I see them at a garage sale or thrift store.

Thank you for any ideas about this, I know its kind of weird.

15 Likes

Hi, @rachel14! I’m Amethyst. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m not sure what you might do. It sounds like a good idea though. Maybe hold a sort of funeral for them? Thanking them for their love and protection and letting them go to the other side?

13 Likes

@rachel14 Just wanted to say hello and welcome. I’m Tracy. Objects can hold Magick, especially if they are personal to us. You could release the energy that you put into them over the years. Here’s a little ritual.

Does each animal have a name and story?
Get a candle, matches, paper, pen and fireproof dish.
Do this outside, on a nice day, with your stuffed animals.

Light a candle.
Centre yourself.
On a piece of paper, write the name/s of the animal/s, how you feel and/or what they meant to you.
Think on those feelings.
Feel that joy they gave you.
Now in a fireproof dish, burn that paper and see/feel those memories return to nature as a goodbye.
Say “I let go of you, thankyou.”
You can safely scatter the ashes outside, or wash them away with water.
If you feel happy to give the animals away, do so. If not, the energy attached to the stuffed animals has been released so they can be disposed if you wish.
(You may want to hold onto just one as a memoire of what they all represented).

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Thank you Amethyst!

9 Likes

Thank you so much TracyS! This is the type of ceremony I was thinking, and I appreciate you writing it out for me!

9 Likes

You’re welcome!

5 Likes

Hi @rachel14!

I really love Tracy’s ritual to release their spirits- that sounds like a wonderful way to let them go :pray: :heart:

Another option, if you don’t feel quite ready to release them, could be to transfer their spirits into another object. Such as beads, which could then be worn on a necklace or bracelet. That way they would continue to be with you, just housed within another vessel. Or perhaps take or paint a picture of them, allowing their spirits to be housed within the image.

Just another thought to add to the mix! Whatever you choose to do, I’m wishing you all the best.

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I have used necklace charms in a similar way. I first take the energy within myself, adding the emotions I want to continue. Then I hold the charm and visualize myself diving into it, feeling all the energy and emotions around me as though I’m in a cave created by the beloved. When I pull my awareness out, I express gratitude and a hope for their continued care and guidance. Finally, I can make any kind of jewelry I care to (earrings are cool to hear the energy guiding me through the day), use them as decorations on a mini tree, or keep them in a bag as a form of runestaves.

9 Likes

Georgia and BryWisteria,
Okay now I’m inspired as a creator! I am actually a pro sewist, and this may take some time, but… Now I’m thinking tiny little stuffies made from the materials. I’ve had them for many many years so I’m in no rush, maybe a winter project to pattern and create the cutest little minis.

I can absolutely feel good about this and transfer their big energies into the mini stuffy containers of magic. Thank you!

10 Likes

Just a handy tip: if you use the at sign before mentioning our names in a post, the site will automatically tell us you’re talking to us: @rachel14 . It also brings up a handy list of people so you don’t have to type in our full names! Cool, eh? If you don’t see who you’re looking for, type the first letter, and it brings up all those with the same initial.

I like your idea, using the materials at hand to make minis! Good choice. Blessings on you and all your energy friends!:heartpulse::heartpulse:

8 Likes

This is so beautiful :heart: And what a clever idea to give them a new life and new purpose as runestaves!

That sounds amazing- I love the idea of reusing some of their original materials too! I am sure they will continue to enjoy being with you in their new forms. Happy crafting, Rachel- enjoy! :heart: :blush:

7 Likes