1 pound pork sausage
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Step 2

Trim stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in a bowl. Mix seeds with sausage, garlic, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Stuff squash with sausage mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Pour spaghetti sauce over the top and cover the pan with foil.

Step 3

Bake in preheated oven until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and cook until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes more.

Nutritional Facts:

878 calories; protein 29.1g; carbohydrates 58.2g; fat 58.4g; cholesterol 99.5mg; sodium 2118mg.

Recipe courtesy of Allerecipes.

7 Likes

Sweet niblets this sounds delightful! :yum:

3 Likes

LOL! Thanks, glad you like it!

2 Likes

Zucchini!!! :star_struck: Oh goodness do I love zucchini- as a main course, side dish, or snuck into desserts, it’s the perfect summer food. A shame my partner detests it :sweat_smile:

But seeing this recipe with sausage and cheese… hmm, perhaps I can make my picky eater see the joy of zucchini after all! :joy::+1:

Thanks so much for this recipe, @Amethyst! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. @anneshakargupta

3 Likes

I hope your picky partner likes it @BryWisteria! And your welcome @Princess_Tara! I hope you enjoy it!

2 Likes

Thanks, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I made pumpkin soup yesterday and ended up having to eat my partner’s bowl of it too- some people just can’t appreciate squash! :laughing:

I’ll have to keep trying with different recipes! Thanks again for sharing your great finds- I certainly enjoy them! :pray::heart:

2 Likes

Glad you like the recipes! I try to keep it seasonal! I figured just about everyone is getting zucchini from their gardens right about now. LOL!

2 Likes

I love zucchini and I have a friend in the neighborhood who has a huge veggie garden. He always hooks me up! I mush make this!! I’m getting hungry thinking about it! :yum: Thank you so much @Amethyst :sparkles::sunflower::sparkles:

2 Likes

You’re welcome my dear!

2 Likes