Sun magick: I need help

Hey guys! My bestie is branching away from Christianity and into witchiness. She’s really drawn to the sun. I’m guessing the sun symbolizes hope and new beginnings for her, she’s had a rough, dark life. I’m not knowledgeable on sun magicks like I am moon. Any help, or info I can pass on to her would be greatly appreciated. Even just links to articles. She’s very beginner and very eager to learn.

15 Likes

The sun is associated with masculine energy, power, prosperity, happiness, and growth. Here are a few ideas on Sun Magick:

Sun Light Water :sweat_drops:

This water is pretty easy to make and is safe to drink! You will need a clear glass bowl, a picture of the sun, spring water, and an outside surface.

You will take your items outside where the sun is shining. You will then place the image of the sun on a flat surface and place the bowl on top. Then pour your water into the bowl.

Once this is finished, lift the bowl up to the sun till you know the light is dancing on the water and it is getting direct sunlight. Speak your incantations, chant or charge the water at this point with the bowl raised and the sun shining down. Place the bowl back down over the image of the sun and let it sit for 3 hours. Then retrieve it and use it in solar energy spells, baths, anointing water, blessing water etc. - From Patheos

Sun-gazing :sunny:

Sun-gazing is the act of looking directly into the sun during dawn and dusk. It has certain dangers so it’s best to learn how to practice it safely before trying it.

Sun Sigil for Success :muscle:

This is a spell to Pass an Exam that channels focus and concentration into a solar sigil.

Find the recipe here: https://spells8.com/spell-to-pass-an-exam/

Meditate with a Tarot Card

Explore the meaning of The Sun card. Alternatively work with the runes, such as the Sowilo rune which symbolizes Norse goddess Sól/Sunna.

Prayers to Solar Deities :pray:

There are many solar deities that you can add to your daily practice, and many religions have worshiped the sun in one way or another. Learn how to find a patron deity here.

Here are some prayers to popular solar deities:

List of solar deities »

Good luck and blessings! :sun_with_face:

25 Likes

Thank you so much. That was all incredibly helpful for my girl Chelsea. I appreciate you!

9 Likes

Thank you I would like to incorporate these gods and goddesses in the Book of Shawdows!
thank you!I like how you organized all the sun gods and goddesses!
Jeannie

9 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me of the loads of information on this site!

7 Likes

Magic & Rituals involving the Sun :sun:, much like involving the Moon :full_moon:, has phases that correspond to different things.

• Sunrise: new beginnings, changes, health, employment, renewal, resurrection, and finding the right direction. It can also be very cleansing.
  • Morning: magical power for growth, positive energy, resolutions, courage, harmony, happiness, strength, activity, building projects and plans, prosperity, and expansion of ideas.
  • High Noon: magic for health, physical energy, wisdom, and knowledge. It is also a good time to pop your tools or crystals out that need charging.
  • Afternoon: energy now is good for working on business matters, communication, clarity, travel, exploring and anything professional.
  • Sunset: magic for removing depression, stress and confusion, letting go, releasing or finding out the truth of a situation.
10 Likes

Blessings everyone❤️

What a synchronicity for me! Today, my husband told me I was a solar person because I’m active when it’s sunny and during summer (I’m functioning with solar energy!) and like hibernating otherwise. I recently think about worshiping Bast since I feel really close to Her. Tonight, I read @katelyn post on the Coven and I just discover the Sun magick!!! I think I have something here!:blush:

Thank you for being and for opening my mind and my heart to all this!

Be blessed❤️

8 Likes

@isabelle2 that is awesome you found this! It is amazing how much information is on here!!

Those sunny days are returning too☀️

7 Likes