Hey guys! My bestie is branching away from Christianity and into witchiness. She’s really drawn to the sun. I’m guessing the sun symbolizes hope and new beginnings for her, she’s had a rough, dark life. I’m not knowledgeable on sun magicks like I am moon. Any help, or info I can pass on to her would be greatly appreciated. Even just links to articles. She’s very beginner and very eager to learn.
The sun is associated with masculine energy, power, prosperity, happiness, and growth. Here are a few ideas on Sun Magick:
This water is pretty easy to make and is safe to drink! You will need a clear glass bowl, a picture of the sun, spring water, and an outside surface.
You will take your items outside where the sun is shining. You will then place the image of the sun on a flat surface and place the bowl on top. Then pour your water into the bowl.
Once this is finished, lift the bowl up to the sun till you know the light is dancing on the water and it is getting direct sunlight. Speak your incantations, chant or charge the water at this point with the bowl raised and the sun shining down. Place the bowl back down over the image of the sun and let it sit for 3 hours. Then retrieve it and use it in solar energy spells, baths, anointing water, blessing water etc. - From Patheos
Sun-gazing is the act of looking directly into the sun during dawn and dusk. It has certain dangers so it’s best to learn how to practice it safely before trying it.
This is a spell to Pass an Exam that channels focus and concentration into a solar sigil.
Find the recipe here: https://spells8.com/spell-to-pass-an-exam/
There are many solar deities that you can add to your daily practice, and many religions have worshiped the sun in one way or another. Learn how to find a patron deity here.
Here are some prayers to popular solar deities:
Good luck and blessings!
Thank you so much. That was all incredibly helpful for my girl Chelsea. I appreciate you!
Thank you I would like to incorporate these gods and goddesses in the Book of Shawdows!
thank you!I like how you organized all the sun gods and goddesses!
It never ceases to amaze me of the loads of information on this site!
Magic & Rituals involving the Sun , much like involving the Moon , has phases that correspond to different things.
- Sunrise: new beginnings, changes, health, employment, renewal, resurrection, and finding the right direction. It can also be very cleansing.
- Morning: magical power for growth, positive energy, resolutions, courage, harmony, happiness, strength, activity, building projects and plans, prosperity, and expansion of ideas.
- High Noon: magic for health, physical energy, wisdom, and knowledge. It is also a good time to pop your tools or crystals out that need charging.
- Afternoon: energy now is good for working on business matters, communication, clarity, travel, exploring and anything professional.
- Sunset: magic for removing depression, stress and confusion, letting go, releasing or finding out the truth of a situation.