Sunstone questions... ☀

I got a lovely bit of sunstone from Amazon the other day and while I know it’s for joy and happiness and Apollo, I’m not quite sure what else it does and it seems not to be in most of my crystal books. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance! :sunny:

7 Likes

• Keywords: Leadership, benevolence, strength, abundance of blessings, enlightened male energy.

• Element: Fire.

• Chakras: Sexual/Creative, Solar Plexus.

Sunstone is a stone of personal power, freedom, and expanded consciousness. Of all the stones on Earth, this one truly reflects the qualities of Solar Light - openness, benevolence, warmth, strength, mental clarity and the willingness and ability to bestow blessings upon others.

Sunstones can kindle the fire of leadership within those who wear or carry it. Those who are held back by fears and self-doubt may discover that Sunstone melts away the sense of unworthiness that can keep one from fully being who one is.

From the Book of Stones by Robert Simmons

9 Likes

I first read this as “sandstone”- one of the stones I love to wear as a bracelet, it’s so sparkly! But then I saw Francisco’s pictures and realized this is a whole different stone. What a pleasure to learn about a new sparkly crystal! :sun_with_face: :gem:

Enjoy your sunstone, @Amethyst! It sounds like a lovely and energetic stone to have around :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you so much for that information! And for the book rec! LOL. I was meditating on Apollo the other week for my Word Witch badge and felt like this stone was calling me. Sounds bout right for Apollo, eh?

Thank you dear heart! I’m hoping it’ll help me be more confident in myself, now that I’ve read what it’s for.

7 Likes

This is the only one I have:

It is in the feldspar family, so it will sparkle like labradorite. The black in mine isn’t in everyone. But hopefully with everyone’s input, you’ll get the answers you seek. And the sunstone that @Francisco and I have are both sunstone, just different quality.

7 Likes

Thank you for this information , I am truly in love with this stone :heart_eyes: it resinates with me.

7 Likes

Mine looks like that, only without the black in it. Like a little cork of sunshine! LOL.

6 Likes

May I see a photo?

4 Likes

Then you have the purest form and your seller is a keeper.

6 Likes

These are crystal for healing, the really pretty one on the right is a sunstone, so I’d say your specimen is good, and a keeper.

6 Likes

Here’s the best photo I could take of mine. It’s not a good picture but still, picture. LOL.

It’s got sparkles!

Not quite as pretty as @Francisco’s but close enough!

6 Likes

Oohlalalala :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Sunstone just seems magical.

4 Likes

It feels nice in my hand, that’s for sure!

4 Likes