Tarot not linking up with feelings

I regularly consult the tarot because I like the guidance and affirmation it often brings. However, lately, I keep getting the same negative cards about detachment and apathy, giving up hope. This upsets me because I have taken back the power I lost many years ago and I feel more positive than I ever have. I’m confident in my future. How can I stop the negative cards from making me question myself?

11 Likes

@MeganB our tarot expert will be able to help with this. :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Sometimes it can be the deck you are using. I find that each deck has a different “voice”. For my daily readings I usually want something a little more inspiring to start the day so I use Tarot of the Light Seers with an oracle deck. If I am looking for an impartial and more objective reading, I might use a traditional Rider-Waite deck. It’s sort of like getting the perspective of different friends on the same issue.

8 Likes

haha thank you for the vote of confidence, @tracyS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There are a few things I would consider when these cards keep coming up. As @Don mentioned, sometimes it could be the deck you’re using. If that’s the case, cleansing the deck and giving it a refresh could help with the accuracy of the readings.

Another thing to consider is the question(s) you’re asking. It could be that the answer is coming through in an unclear way, and by having a certain perspective, you’re not understanding the message. Try changing the question or thinking of the card in a different way. It could be the symbols in the card that are important rather than the traditional meaning of the card itself.

It could also be that you’re not being specific with your question, so the cards are answering what they think you’re asking. Try being a bit more specific with your question and see if that helps.

The other thing I would consider is if you’re pulling a card for a general reading, the cards could be warning of something coming in the future. You may not see something now, but it could be near. It could also be pointing to someone in your life rather than yourself. Having apathy can be a detriment to people around that person, too. Maybe there’s someone in your life that’s kind of given up and the cards are pointing to them for whatever reason.

If you’d like to post a reading or more specific question, that may help! Then we can get a better picture of what’s going on.

I also have a video on YouTube about asking better tarot questions or doing specific readings. It may be helpful to you, so I will link it here :blush:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.