Tarot Poem: 0. The Fool

So I’ve started writing little haikus to help me learn the tarot and thought I’d share. Haikus are short poems, with five syllables, seven syllables, and then five again. I like them because they don’t have to rhyme. LOL. Here’s my first. I hope y’all like it.

1. The Fool.

Innocence, fresh starts.

The creative odyssey.

Lighthearted folly.

13 Likes

Yay! This is great @Amethyst :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I may use this as well! Thanks @Amethyst I’ll be looking for more lol

6 Likes

Thank you! Glad you like it! :blush:

5 Likes

Use it with my blessings, anyone can. I’m hoping it’ll help me learn all the cards, especially the court cards when I get around to them. I have troubles with those.

Lemme ask you, should I write one for the Reversed meaning of The Fool, or move on to The Magician next? I’m leaning towards the Reversed meaning myself, but I’d love everybody’s opinion.

5 Likes

Reversed meanings would be super handy! I think we’ll all be learning from your fab haikus! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Coolness. Reversals it shall be!

4 Likes

Beautiful haiku!! Nice job, Kasie!! :clap: :clap:

A lot of people don’t bother with reversals when they’re learning Tarot. It’s hard enough to remember all the upright meanings and it adds a level of complexity to the reading that may be distracting.

Having said that, it’s useful to have the reversed meaning when doing readings because it gives you an extra layer of information. Each card then embodies duality on itself. The light, the dark; the positive, the negative :yin_yang:

5 Likes

Beautiful, @Amethyst!!! :clap: :heart_eyes: Ohhhh I think this sums up the Fool perfectly! I think you captured the playful naivety but also the sense of an oncoming new adventure- and all in a haiku format! Easier said than done- bravo!

I really struggle with reversals- mostly since I too am still struggling to remember the card meanings :laughing:. If you’re up for the challenge, I’d love to read your reversal haikus!

4 Likes

Thank you @Francisco! And I"ll be posting reversals with the upright meanings too from here on out. As you said, it’s an extra layer of information.

Thank you @BryWisteria! I’m glad you liked it. I’m just starting on reversals, I’ve been taking the time to learn them upright first, but I’m slowly getting there. This project should help me I think.

5 Likes

Here’s the Reversal Haiku for The Fool:

Reckless carelessness.

The Desperate idiot.

Vane. Lack of control.

7 Likes

I love this!! :heart_eyes: Well done @Amethyst :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you @Abs53! Glad you liked them. :blush:

5 Likes

Now that I read the reversal haiku, I can say 100% confidently: Yess! More of this!!! :+1: :+1:

It’s perfect to see the contrast between the upright and the reversed meaning at the same time, in such a crisp, concise way.

These are amazing! Please keep them coming @Amethyst!!! :pray: :smiley:

6 Likes

:blush: Thank you so much @Francisco! My goal is to do one card a week. It’ll take me a while to get the whole deck, but that way I can study each card before writing. I’m so glad you like and I can contribute to the community. :sparkles:

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d like reversed too.

4 Likes