Bondage. Restriction.
Being blind to the problem.
Trapped and anxious.

Reversed:

Frustration and guilt.
A lashing out at others.
Now, this too shall pass.

11 Likes

Another card with a somewhat darker meaning both Upright and Reversed. But despite the heavy interpretations, I love how you ended it on a positive and reassuring note :heart:

Tarot cards seem to be all shades of light and dark, but I don’t think any of them are so negative that they leave no room at all for positivity. I love how you include some hope even with the darkest cards of the deck, @Amethyst. Really great job as always! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Nice interpretation poem!! I love it as always!! Thank you! :relaxed::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you, my dear! I’m glad you like my interpretation of the cards. I dunno about hope, the ten of swords is popping up soon and that to me is even worse than the Tower, IMO.

Thank you, love!

4 Likes

@Amethyst Another great poem :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks, @Rowan! Glad you liked it!

4 Likes

Haha well, sometimes hope in a reading can be “at least it can’t get any worse than this!” :joy:

4 Likes

In the words of Dr. Phil: “You can’t fall off the floor.” LOL!

4 Likes

:joy:

Haha I’ll have to keep these in mind for the days when I draw the Tower, Ten of Swords, and other not-so-cheery cards :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Sense this isn’t a reading for anyone, I can feel free to give my interpretation to this card, according of what I see on the image. While the number 8 is a sign of luck and of infinity. You can see that the woman; specially on the Raider Waite, is using a red dress, which is a fire element. In which can make a person to be adventurous, determined to make things happen. But she’s also eye fold and tied with swords on her sides. Like @Amethyst wrote, restricting her to move, and solve the situations that might come or is in motion in her life. The motive can be a lot of things, even from herself. There’s a castle, in which can make you understand that she isn’t a person in needs, showing to us that being surrounded of wealth, can make a person unhappy and unmotivated, even though there is fire in her, but the lack of experience and to be independent, is limiting her way in life.

7 Likes

I like that interpretation! Very insightful.

6 Likes

Thank you for adding that @pedros10, very insightful!

5 Likes

There’s more things that can be added on this single card. The water element on the floor, and near the castle. This are keys that can help a cartomancer to interpret a card on a section. This and the spread used, so you can have a better spectrum of it. While there’s cartomancers with the ability to fall in trance, and start talking without the need of a question. Is amazing of how the cards is attached with the zodiac. By understanding a little the elements and the zodiac. A single card can give you insights to a person, and not be wrong on a reading, without the need to be a professional on the subject of cartomancy, and the science involve in it.

4 Likes