Safe in familiar.
Appreciate all you have.
Fruits of your labor.

Reversed:

The ego at large.
Overspending needs control.
Struggling with debtors.

7 Likes

Thank you for the nine of pentacles!!! :two_hearts: I’m jotting it down in the big book now!! :grin::pray:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, hon!

3 Likes

This line (along with the final word “labor” that kind of rhymes with “harbor”) in the Upright haiku made me think of the saying “A ship in harbor is safe- but that’s not what ships are built for” (quote by John A. Shedd) :sailboat:

While the Nine of Pentacles usually embodies the benefits and good aspects of staying close to home, as an adventurer this would mean putting aside the wanderlust and forfeiting the excitement of the road :railway_track:

Once again, you have helped me to connect with a card in a way I hadn’t before and have helped me to build another personal card meaning- thanks so much @Amethyst! :raised_hands: These poems really are a treasure :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Aww, thank you @BryWisteria! Sometimes safety can be a cage, so that’s what I was trying to convey. I’m glad you got it. In my Robin Wood tarot deck, the Nine of Pentacles has a golden gate, and you don’t know if the lady in the card is there willingly or not. It’s an interesting thought.

2 Likes

It sounds like the Robin Wood deck does a good job conveying this aspect of the card! :+1: I’ll have to check my Anima Mundi deck when I get back from vacation- the designs are more minimalist than other decks, but it’d be neat if I could find some aspect of this “caged safety” interpretation shown in the art there too :blush:

Thanks again, Amethyst! :heart:

2 Likes

I think every deck interprets it differently. That’s what so fun about learning about different decks!

2 Likes

Cheers to that! It makes me feel like there’s almost infinite interpretations for each card out there- so much to explore! :grin: :sparkles:

2 Likes

That just means more confusion for me. LOL!

2 Likes