Tarot to assess the progress of a spell

Hi again!
I’m only starting out on my journey here but I have been reading tarot for quite a few years and would love to incorporate this into my practice. After finishing the 101 course here, it’s always in the back of my mind to forget about the spell and not obsess over it as it manifests. However, I’d love to know if anyone uses tarot to reflect on or assess the progress of a spell/ manifestation, or for any other use in your spell work?

If you have any spreads to share I’d love to see them, thank you!

7 Likes

I have no idea but @MeganB would so I’m paging her! She’s one of the best in town with tarot!

6 Likes

I was going to call in @MeganB as well! She’s our Tarot Guru! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve been reading myself for several years. While I have not done a reading specifically to check the status of a spell, I have done some to check in on my mental/physical/spiritual state after casting spells. I’m sure Megan will know the answer!

7 Likes

haha you’re all so sweet! :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I wouldn’t consider myself a tarot guru but it’s totally possible to incorporate tarot into your spellwork even as a checks and balances type of thing.

I don’t have any particular spreads I use but I have drawn a few cards before doing a spell to see if I should even cast it, see potential obstacles, etc. I’ve also drawn cards afterward to see if there was anything I missed, to see if the spell hit the target properly, etc.

Here are some questions you can ask the cards if you want to start doing this :blush:

Before a reading…

• Should I cast this spell?
  • What do I need to know about this situation before moving forward with spellwork?
  • Will spellwork be effective for this situation?
  • If you work with deities, you can also ask them for their guidance.

After a reading…

• Was my spell effective?
  • Is there anything I missed?
  • What do I need to know about the spell I just cast?
  • Will this spell manifest in time?
  • Are there any other steps I should take?

As a spell ingredient…

• Choose a tarot card to represent a person, place, or thing
  • Choose a tarot card to work with the energy of that card, e.g. The High Priestess for psychic development or The Fool for new adventures

I’m sure there are more questions or things to consider. This is just what I’ve got off the top of my head :blush:

10 Likes

These are excellent suggestions and questions to ask before and after. Thank you so much @MeganB! Thank you @Amaris_Bane and @Amethyst :purple_heart:

5 Likes

You’re welcome! :heart: Happy to help!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.