Tea anyone?

It’s just about 3am here and I can’t :sleeping: Thinking about having some tea :tea: (caffeine free of course!)
As my sleepless mind is wandering I wanted to know your favorite :tea: teas!
Do you prefer a particular brand?
Do you make your own?
Do you prefer loose leaf or bags?

My favorite is ginger. With lemon or turmeric. I don’t have a particular brand I prefer. I do prefer loose leaf. It’s more flavorful to me. I have to use 3-4 tea bags for a regular size cup!

A little trick: if your tea is too tannic (makes your mouth dry or pucker and maybe a bitter taste) put a pinch or two of baking soda in your tea!

I just got this. Not gonna try it now though because I’m pretty sure it has caffeine :upside_down_face:

Edit: I forgot about sweetener!
Do you use sweetener? Honey or sugar or something else?
Do you add milk?

I like honey in my tea. But I don’t like milk in my tea.
Depending on the flavor of the tea I sometimes sprinkle cinnamon, cardamom or nutmug on it. I use those in my coffee sometimes too. I like my coffee really creamy and the spices complement it well.

16 Likes

I love tea. I prefer good old fashioned black tea, little milk, 2 sugars in the morning cup, no sugar for the rest of the day.

There’s a point of contention here in England on how to brew the perfect cuppa.

Always use a china pot and tea cup and saucer (mugs absolutely not :rofl:)
Always use loose tea never tea bags
Always use just under boiling water, never fully boiled water
Make your tea in the china pot, brew for 5 minutes, occasionally swirling the pot.
Pour the tea through a tea strainer into your cup
And ah, here’s the real controversy, do you put the milk in the cup first then add tea? Or tea in the cup then add milk?
We’ve been arguing this for years, and still are. :person_facepalming::rofl:

Serve with a biscuit in the saucer. But then here’s the second controversy, is it polite to dunk the biscuit in the tea? Some say yes, others no.

I ignore all the above. I use mugs, tea bags, and put tea first then milk (so I can get the strength right).And I dunk my biscuits. Guess I would not be invited to have tea with the King. :rofl::sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

I’d be scoffed at. I use a mug and just use the Keurig for hot water! Oh, and I don’t use milk. Oh the horror😱
horror-disgust

13 Likes

Loose leaf for me.

Assam with milk and honey or sugar (or both) is my favourite with milk. But I use sugar replacements these days, like monkfruit and whatever.

Wulong is my favourite without anything added. :black_heart:

Meanwhile, I use a double walled 450ml glass. :laughing:

14 Likes

Let’s see. My favorites are Earl Grey, Breakfast in Paris, and Spiced Chai. I usually use way too much sugar. LOL! But I have a whole collection of teas! Not sure what I’m going to use in this week’s group ritual yet, but I like having a choice, you know?

14 Likes

Yay! What a great discussion topic to explore :tea: :grin:

I just ran out of my favorite premade tea. It was a Persephonne-inspired mix with all kinds of fruits. Very tasty, but I bought it at the ren faire so I’m not sure if I’ll order more or wait until the next faire.

Picture from Bees & Teas: Underworld Tea

I’m with you, Sivonnah - honey all the way! :honey_pot: :two_hearts:

Cardamom chai sounds yummy! Enjoy~! :coffee: :yellow_heart:

13 Likes

I just bought that cardamom chai so I’ll probably try that :blush:

13 Likes

Your tea sounds lovely :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Chamomile tea with a little cinnamon in it
i love cinnamon!
I put it in tea, coffee and cocoa!
sweetening honey :revolving_hearts:

13 Likes

I’m not sure if my favorite counts as tea or warm lemonade :rofl: I take half a lemon, squeeze out the juice, a tablespoon of honey, and hot water. That’s it! Probably just counts as warm lemonade, but that’s okay :lemon:

I do have a hibiscus blend I enjoy with a bit of honey, too. :hibiscus:

13 Likes

Perfect timing for this topic! We recently got an electric water kettle with different temperature settings and an attachment to make tea in the kettle. At first, I was getting through my bagged herbal teas as well as my favorite Bengal spice herbal tea.

Now I am about finished with my jar of customer blended Chai to make my dirty chai lattes. I need to pull out my chai recipes and grind up more spices for another batch!

11 Likes

That sounds great! Let us know how it tastes!

11 Likes

Yes it’s so good! Nutmeg is good too! :blush:

It’s tea! :laughing:

That’s awesome! Do you have a picture?

It’s great! It’s unsweetened. I can’t have that! :crazy_face: I added some honey and it was delicious!

12 Likes

Here you go!

I really like it. It has colored LEDs that indicate the temperature setting. Chefman

12 Likes

I love it!

11 Likes

Oh, that sounds good!

12 Likes

I love tea. I usually have a cup of chai in the morning. And then Jasmine tea at about noon or 1. Sometimes i put milk in the chai Sometimes not…

11 Likes

Lately obsessed with cacao. Tea my fav is vanilla chai. I like to use milk and honey :honey_pot:

11 Likes

I love my teas :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I usually find an enjoyable and intuitive way to enjoy each new tea and stick with it. These are my favorites…

• My morning tea is green tea with lemon – sweet enough as it is.

• When I need something for my throat, I make a mix of green or black tea, ginger, turmeric, thyme and black pepper. Sweetened with honey. If I have some Fireball or spiced rum or something like that I might add a little.

• Black tea with pomegranate for shadow work

• Hibiscus and rosehip tea for self love, cacao is good for that too

• Chai is the only kind I add milk to, often also a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Sugar if I’m feeling like it.

• If I’m feeling like something weird, I make Kashmiri chai. Pink tea that you put salt into, fun to make and a great conversation starter! :smile_cat:

10 Likes

I do too sometimes.

I love cinnamon too! Sometimes I use nutmeg or cardamom or all 3!

Yummy yummy!

My Dad makes apple pie moonshine it’s great in a spiced tea with honey!

@CelestiaMoon I love your list of teas! :two_hearts:

11 Likes