Tea light candles burning holes

Hey all, I know this may sound like a silly question but the teas light candles have been burning holes in my pentacle cloth due to the material and i was wondering does any one have any ideas as to what i should put under them? Wood i suppose but i want it to look nice as well…

10 Likes

Wood could work! I use a circular piece of wood under my main altar candle.

8 Likes

Yes maybe I can make something or perhaps buy it…

8 Likes

I’ve used wood and slate coasters. And I also have so LED tealights for particularly delicate spaces :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

You could use wood. I have also used a metal candleholder, basically a saucer with feet. I got it at Walmart. I think it is okay to use metal. After all, your cauldron is made of metal. In a pinch, you could probably use a quarter.

Another idea would be to get a terra cotta saucer like you would put under a potted plant. I have used these as well. You could paint this, or even paint a pentacle on it. They are available at Walmart, Home Depot or any garden center. Online witch stores or Amazon might have other options, and don’t forget about Etsy and Ebay.

7 Likes

There are tea candle holders available almost everywhere. Glass cups like some churches use, you could fashion a small saucer out of clay, bake it and you could paint it any color you want. That protects your altar and keeps you from burning your fingers.

8 Likes

Oh, duh! I forgot all about glass! Yes, check out Goodwill or the local thrift store. The one near me all kinds of candle holders and interesting glass things that could be repurposed.

8 Likes

RON! You’re brilliant, the dishes that hold your tera cotta pots can come as small as 2 inches, wouldn’t that be just perfect?

7 Likes

Most box stores have glass candle holders for not too much. I can’t remember where I got them, but I have eight that are in the shape of a star that I use a lot. You can also get simple marble or tile coasters to put under them as well.

Be safe!

8 Likes

Oh how i would love to make my own but never thought of joining a pottery class… i know there is a lovely witch about 1 and a half hours distance who holds classes such as teaching newbies about the wheel of the year and she does pottery as well with the triple moon and things on it… Maybe when this Covid issue settles down i will take a little holiday down there

6 Likes

@Garnet thanks I went to the local super,armed to do our weekly groceries, and some beautiful glass candle holders took my eye and only $2 each as well… unfortunately just my luck one dropped out of the shopping bag and smashed so I had to rush back and grab another as these things go quick here…

8 Likes

Oh also I ordered a moon lamp that just arrived and just taps to turn on with 3 light settings…

8 Likes

Ooh, nice! I have the Oracle deck underneath the candle :candle: I love Rebecca Campbell!!! I have a few of her decks!
:relaxed:I’m glad you found something for your candles!!!

8 Likes

Oh, Khadija ! What a wonderful find. I love, love, love the moon. Please let us know when it comes so we can drool over it?
Garnet

7 Likes

Nice candle holders! And I’m one of the ones drooling over the moon lamp. So very pretty!

7 Likes

@Garnet @Amethyst it was supposed to be 20cm in diameter but it is the size of a medium soccer ball… it is also has a happy birthday message on the back but i wasn’t able to get a plain one… it was $10 since i usually source for items within my own country atm due to the pandemic and slow postage times…

5 Likes

Oh it did come sorry i just realised i must have not been clear… was fast to with shipping compared to the rest of the altar items i am waiting on…

6 Likes

It’s still very pretty. I’m envious!

5 Likes