Ten Practical Tips for New Witches

The lovely Norse Witch has released this video. If you are new to the craft, or old, there is something in this for everyone. She is so knowledgeable and helpful.

And here’s the videos for energy work and spell intention that she mentioned too.

Enjoy :green_heart:

(A few swear words are in this video)

17 Likes

The book mentioned in the first video The Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton is available for loan at archive.org.

12 Likes

@bj1 Thankyou :green_heart:

12 Likes

I bought the book. I think this will be an essential read, alot of roots and history, for me anyways. I’ll add it to the book club in the next round. :grin:

11 Likes

Love these! Thanks :slight_smile: @tracyS

8 Likes

@VioletFreya My pleasure. Credit to Benti, she’s a lovely witch :green_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing. The videos were very helpful.

7 Likes

@amanda6 Thankyou. She makes lovely videos :green_heart:

7 Likes

This may be helpful if you’re having a shift in how you feel about deities. :green_heart:

5 Likes

It sounds like they went from a very dependent relationship with deities (well, that’s the impression I’m feeling from the way they’re explaining everything), to something that’s a lot more empowering for them. :smile: That’s awesome. :black_heart:

5 Likes

@starborn Yes, I found that too. A more balanced relationship. :green_heart:

5 Likes

What they’re saying about the local spirits is also interesting because it’s quite a global phenomenon. Patron deities of certain locales were also normal all across Ancient Egypt, the Hellenic States, Rome, China, etc. And they weren’t often the big, “main” ones being worshipped in those locales.

I’m also slowly working on moving some of my practice outside. :smile:

6 Likes

@starborn Same. I’ve set up a simple altar outside, (I need to deweed it, so much rain and with the sun out now, the nettles have literally grown crazy over the last 2 days) :person_facepalming: but I think I want to look more at the local spirits. I know there’s Fae, but I think she’s not talking about Fae. It’s given me pause as I’m struggling connecting with all the Norse gods, Loki and I are solid (but is he really Aesir :grin:), so I found this very timely :green_heart:

6 Likes

Local spirits here can be a bit of a difficulty. Australian Aboriginal religion and mythology are quite protected practices which, if I’m being totally honest, I’m not really interested in, anyway… Well, I’m not really interested in adopting the specifics into my practice. But the general idea, as expressed in their tales of ancestral beings and Dreamtime journeys, is definitely interesting and fun to read about.

Anyway, I remember a bit from American Gods where Mad Sweeney talks about how he was brought to the new world and then eventually forgotten. I suppose I may want to keep those connections brought into this new world of Australia alive, given that we’re such recent immigrants, generally speaking. :thinking: I may not be making any sense any more…

Relatable. :laughing:

6 Likes

@starborn Yes, I remember that bit from American Gods. They brought their spirits with them. So what spirits would you have brought being Australian? I’m curious, would they be Irish, Celtic, Druid, or even Norse from the Saxons ooh ooh, imagine what you could discover, I mean everyone’s gone to Australia, not just from my shores. Exciting :partying_face:

6 Likes

The path of migration goes back a long way. :laughing: Yugoslav via Macedonia (so the Greek gods become quite relevant), but some ancestors go back through what’s now the north of Germany and across the Netherlands (Wessel), then over into Ireland (McVeigh), while my mum’s side is Chinese (Jiang) from Guangzhou via Hong Kong. Putting together the last names and origins is quite the challenge, though. These I know from actually having met my great and great great grandparents.

You’ll see some people from Macedonia grow some red into their beards when they get longer. It’s no coincidence. :smile:

5 Likes

@starborn Well, that’s alot of local spirits to choose from. You’re going to have fun finding yours, maybe they’ll all want to work with you. Full house, lots of cake :grin::partying_face:

5 Likes