The Easy Way to get Candle Wax off of an Altar Cloth

It never fails. I can take every precaution, but candle wax always ends up on my altar cloths, and it bugs me! I have looked for solutions on how to easily take wax off without ruining your cloth and it seemed that there was no easy way. Last night I got wax on 2 altar cloths and thought, here we go again messy witch! The answer boiling water. Put the altar cloth over the sink and pour boiling water on it. Bye Bye wax! Why haven’t I ever thought of this? Or, maybe I had and forgot. No more fretting about wax on the altar cloth. It’s also a easy way to repurpose your candle jars. :white_candle:

8 Likes

i use goo be gone after freezeing it and taking off the hardened wax. then soaking it with go be gon wor well then you need to wash the heck out of it. you can also use dishes under the candles to prevent wax drip. tapers have whats capped drip guards that you pul on the candles to catch the dripps. as well.

9 Likes

I always make a mess no matter what I put under my candles. Last night, I literally had the candles in a holder and a glass dish under that and I still had wax overflow. I’m just a messy witch, lol! I have heard about the freezer thing and have used it, but there always seems to be a residue after. So today, after the freezer method, I poured boiling water on them and hung them to dry. The look brand new.

9 Likes

Thankyou for this, here I am picking it off, wet wipes. Boiling water is so easy to do. Thanks. I’m going to clean mine now, poor Loki, he’ll be pleased with a wax free altar. :joy:

8 Likes

Your welcome! We messy witches have to stick together. :rofl:

9 Likes

I’ve done the boiling water trick! :candle: It also works if you put it in the freezer. The wax hardens more and then just flakes or pulls right off!

7 Likes

Ice works well for me

7 Likes

I always have a large pillar candle lit on my altar that sits on top of a crystal candle holder. Its always fine when the candle is new but after a few days i can be sitting and hear what sounds like dripping water. No its the candle wax dripping onto the altar cloth! I wait u til the next day, pick off what I can then use boiling water. I then just stick it in for a quick 20min wash in the machine.

Blessed be

Alan

7 Likes

It’s my pillar candles that I have the problem with.

6 Likes

Candle wax is pretty tenacious stuff! I was using sea glass to prop up my spell candles for a while, but it felt like it was taking longer to clean off the pieces than it took to cast the spell itself :sweat_smile: I’m back to just the candle holders with a spill dish- and you’re right! A little soap and hot water does the trick every time.

Glad you found a method that works for you, Ostara! May your candles continue to burn brightly (and may your beautiful altar cloths stay clean!) :blush: :heart:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.