The Hundredth Challenge Entry #1 - Astrology: Reading the Skies

For my first catch-up challenge for the :100:th Challenge, it just made sense for me to do the “Astrology: Reading the Skies” as astrology is my current obsession. I have been reading (as part of this round’s book club) “Aspects in Astrology” by Sue Tompkins and examining my birth chart along the way. It is eerily fascinating how accurate astrology is! I’m not going to go into details about the book here as I’ll save that for my review later on.

However, one thing that I have strengthened as I’ve learned more is my workings with the moon :first_quarter_moon_with_face: and her various phases and sign placements. I have begun changing up my nightly meditations depending on what sign and what phase she is in at the time. As I work with Selene, I also will use this as time to commune with her as well.

Tonight we will have a waning moon :waning_crescent_moon: in Aries :aries:. Waning moons are suitable for releasing, banishing, removing, or reducing things in your life. For me, it’s a favorable time to let go of depressing emotions and less enthusiastic thoughts. The technique can also help you get rid of health problems, extra weight, addictions, or fear. We ALL have something we can get rid of to start fresh! You are not cured just by releasing your “thing.” It will take many steps and meditations to truly get rid of whatever thoughts, items, or people you are trying to break free from.

Combining the waning moon with Aries brings fiery :fire: :fire: energy good for starting new things and ending things that no longer serve you - clearing the way for the new beginnings to take place. For tonight’s meditation, I have decided to focus on my health and replace a “bad” habit with a good habit. I have decided that I will not check my phone :iphone: immediately upon waking and instead will drink a glass of water :cup_with_straw: first. Below is my meditation for tonight’s moon.

Note: The following releasing meditation is adapted from “Moon Magic: Your Complete Guide to Harnessing the Mystical Energy of the Moon” by Yasmin Boland.

As the moon wanes above me, these things no longer matter to me: opening my phone the moment I wake up. I don’t want these things to influence who I am or what I want to be. I choose to drink a glass of nourishing water when I wake up instead and thank my guides for a new day. I give you permission to support me, my higher power, as you’re my watcher. Help me keep trying if I don’t succeed right away. I accept I don’t always have all the answers, so I let go of my need for answers. I take direction from the universe.

After stating my intention, I will also invite Selene to share any messages she may have for me. I will sit silently for several minutes, using my intuition on when it is the right time to “come out” of the meditation. I have a journal :writing_hand: :open_book: that I note anything that I observed during my time in my meditative state (sounds, thoughts, images, etc.). At the end, I thank Selene and any other visitors I had for their time and messages.

This is pretty much my daily meditations, with changing up weather I’m manifesting or releasing and what I am focusing on based on the moon’s phase and what sign she is in at the time.

Weekly Withcy Challenge the Hundreth Challenge

Weekly Witchy Challenge the Hundreth Challlenge

6 Likes

That is beautiful @Amaris_Bane!

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been loving doing these daily manifesting/releasing meditations. It’s helped me shift my focus from negative thoughts to more positive ones, especially when I’m having a relapse of my MDD.

5 Likes

Beautiful moon reading- thank you so much for this wisdom about the Waning Moon in Aries! :aries: :waning_crescent_moon: I also love the idea of “reprogramming” a phone check with drinking a glass of water- bad habit out, good habit in. You’re an inspiration- I oughta try something like this! :grinning:

Ohhhh I can’t wait to read your full review! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :open_book:

Thank you so much for this awesome entry, Amaris- great work! :tada::blush:

4 Likes

I am really loving the book! It has so much information and, as I mentioned above, the accuracy is just eerie! For example, I have a Sun :astrology_sun:-Mercury :astrology_mercury: conjunction and she discusses that Sun-Mercury people identify more strongly with the rational mind, identifying with their thoughts, ideas, and with what they actually say. I am very much a “I am what I say, I am what I think” person so this creeped me out reading it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Ohhhh that feeling is always kind of spooky (in a good way? It’s weird to say it haha) when the astrology reading hits home in a way that shakes you up- sounds like you’re learning a lot about both astrology and yourself with this book, @Amaris_Bane! You’ve found yourself a great one! :open_book: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes