šŸ›• The Inner Temple for Casting Spells without Tools

Thatā€™s amazing! Did you follow the guided meditation video? Or just with your own mind? It can be hard to get there alone at first but there are lots of useful visualization exercises that can help. Iā€™ll try to share more here soon!

9 Likes

Thank you, @Francisco. This is really important in the busy world we live in. It is also vital to witches still in the broom closet. The magic isnā€™t only in the tools we use. It is in us. And we can channel that magic in a number of ways, this being one of them. I canā€™t wait to check out the video tonight during my meditations.

9 Likes

Iā€™m so happy the meditation went well for you- and that your inner temple sounds like a truly amazing and abundant space! :hindu_temple: I didnā€™t have the chance to meditate on it last night, but itā€™s on the agenda for today! I hope my inner temple has as many wonderful aspects as yours, @wendy4 :hearts:

Bravo, @christine4! :clap: Thatā€™s awesome that it went well, and that you found yourself a wonderful cozy sanctuary! :two_hearts:

Great words, @praecog29! I love this quote from you. The inner temple is a great way to find, become familiar with, and draw on the magick inside of us! We donā€™t need expensive tools or fancy equipment to cast- everything we need is already within our own minds :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

I followed the guided meditation video! Seeing as it was my first try, I thought I could use all the guidance I could get :laughing:
I think next time I will try to access my inner temple with just some background music, similar to how I usually meditate. Not having any music is quite difficult for me, I get distracted without it; definitely something to work on :blush:
Iā€™m looking forward to more visualization exercises @Francisco :smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™m waiting to work on my visualization before I try this one. I meditate but I donā€™t see anything but black. So Iā€™m going to start working on it today.

7 Likes

Try this exercise!

1. Look at an object.
  2. Close your eyes and try to see it in your mind.
  3. Open your eyes and look at the object again. Notice what details you were missing.
  4. Close your eyes and visualize it again with the maximum amount of detail possible.

Once you feel like you can move beyond seeing and feeling a simple, everyday object, try to visualize that object in relation to space in the room.

For example: Imagine a table in a room. Where is it in the room? How tall is it? How close is it to the walls?

9 Likes

Thank you so much, I will do that right now! I have my object picked out. I will let you know how it goes. :blush:

6 Likes

Itā€™s going to take me a little bit of practice. I can get the outline, and trying to get the rest. I will let you know how it goes though. Thank you again.

6 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!

I found that the best things to practice with are gemstones! :gem: They have intricate details that we donā€™t usually see in any other object. They are perfect for drawing as well.

And thatā€™s another exercise: Try drawing the object from memory on a piece of paper (it may take a few attempts) and then draw it with the eye of your mind.

6 Likes

Excellent exercise to practice visualization!

5 Likes

Oh yes, I could definitely use my crystals. Thatā€™s a great idea. I was practicing with my cell phone. I figured it was an easy first thing to try.

5 Likes

Oh Krissie, I just thought, Silver Bear just posted a guided meditation with the visuals in the video. You might enjoy this as well.

5 Likes

@wendy4 thank you so much! I will try that too!

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing the visualization exercises, @Francisco! I also found them to be very helpful :+1: And I love the idea of using drawing to help strengthen visualization. I havenā€™t been doing much art lately, but now Iā€™m thinking about how drawing and the practice can go hand-in-hand! :pray::art:

I tried the meditation last night, but was interrupted just a few minutes in :sweat_smile:. I didnā€™t get too far but there was the strong feeling of safety and possibilities, in a place that was both small and cosy but yet held infinity at the same time. Iā€™m excited to give this one another go- I know my Inner Temple is waiting! :hindu_temple::blush:

6 Likes

I think some time today I am going to try this one in itā€™s entirety. I will have some time this afternoon and Iā€™m hoping to find it. I have been working on the visualization exercises since you posted them and I am having good results.

Thank you again for all of your help!

5 Likes

Itā€™s great to hear that youā€™re improving your mindā€™s eye strength!! :eye:

Great things come with great effort. Keep practicing! Many, many, many times!

5 Likes

I tried to do the meditation and I got interrupted, so I am going to try again tomorrow morning when I can do any meditation without interruptions, mainly because Iā€™m the only awake. I like it so far though.

5 Likes

I did the meditation video, and really was able to visualize my inner temple. I could see the cavern like area, and hear the sound of drops of moisture falling from the walls. And even worked on my altar a bit visualizing items I had on it. Upon coming out of the meditation, I felt extremely nauseous for a few minutes. Anyone else ever experience this?
This was amazing and completely relaxing, Im new to visualization but will definitely keep this as a more frequent act.

7 Likes

Francisco, I do not know if you can, but would it be possible to include this meditation with the other meditations on the Spells8 site? It would be easier to access. I do understand it may be a copyright issue. Thank you.
Wendy

6 Likes

I have to find a way to bookmark this meditation, every time I get about 5 minutes in, something happens and I have to stop. I am determined to make it through this meditation tomorrow though. I tried today and it just wasnā€™t in the cards for me.

8 Likes