The long and winding path

Hello and merry meet, all!

My name is Ben and I have been on a pagan path for a long time. I started as a Wiccan, but my path wandered and meandered into a myriad of directions, each of which became overly complicated and ultimately failed to deepen my path and craft and move me forward. Granted, I have the propensity to over-think things! In any case, as each road I explored I would always come back to my eclectic Wiccan roots.

Recently, I almost gave up completely with the thought that maybe this wasn’t for me. Then, I thought why not embrace Wicca seriously. Since I always come back wicca, why not just dive in. So, I did. Very shortly thereafter I discovered beautiful Spells8. In reading and re-acquainting with the rituals, spells and ideas of Wicca was like taking a deep fresh breath and stepping into a warm and welcoming pool.

I am happy to be here and look forward to learning from all of you.

14 Likes

Hi @ben1! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

This group will be a great place for you! We have witches of all kinds, Wiccans and otherwise. I’m an Eclectic Wiccan myself. Feel free to go through the Courses to refresh your memories and maybe learn something new!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will be there to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Hi Ben and welcome to the Infinite Roots coven! My name is Satu and I’m a traditional green secular witch. I live in Maryland and work in Washington DC.

Please let me be one of the first to welcome you. We are so happy you’ve joined the group. You’ll find great diversity here and extremely warm, friendly, helpful people with an aim to encourage and support one another through thick or thin!

Glad to have you with us Ben!

• Satu
7 Likes

Merry meet @ben1,

Welcome to the forum! :blush: I completely relate to your journey adventuring through the many interesting paths out there- there is so much to explore when it comes to the Craft! The best thing is that we are free to choose and pursue the paths that call to us. Like Amethyst said, you’ll find fellow magick-lovers of all types here! I trust you will find plenty of resources to help you further advance your magickal path, in whichever way(s) call to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to stop by the Q&A Category- ask away and your coven is more than happy to help! Please make yourself at home here :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Welcome, Ben! I live in the middle of Alaska, and I am a fellow Eclectic Wiccan with a similar story / winding journey! I dove into Spells8 in August and it has been wonderful. It’s like a family here.

Welcome home!

7 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @ben1

Welcome Ben, I am so glad your path has led you here. I am Marsha and it’s nice to meet you. I’m looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

With Love :heart: and Magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Thank you very, very much @Amethyst, @Satu_TheGreenWitch, @BryWisteria, @Melora_Fae, and @marsha! I so much appreciate your very warm welcomes and I am happy I am not the only one who has had such an elongated path. I look forward to talking with all of you more and diving in deeper where I can.

Peace and blessings to you all!

6 Likes

Hello there, Ben :wave: and welcome to the forum!

You sound very similar to me :laughing: I started out with Wicca as a young teen and have moved around in so many different directions! I’m finding a bit of chaos in my eclectic path right now and I’m trying to slow it down and get back to what feels like home. :heart: We’re happy to have you here!

I hope you enjoy your time here with us and I look forward to getting to know you better!

:green_heart: Megan

6 Likes

Thank you, @MeganB! Thats sounds so familiar, and I like how you describe “get back what feels like home.” In my own wanderings I have to often felt like I was adrift at sea after too short a time. I hope your chaos calms swiftly!

I look forward to getting to know you and learning from you!

5 Likes

Yeah, I relate to that feeling of wandering at sea :ocean: It’s a strange one, that’s for sure! I hope your chaos calms quickly, too. :pray:

5 Likes

Merry meet and Blessed Be!

7 Likes

Merry meet @ben1 !

6 Likes

You’re very welcome- make yourself at home here, @ben1! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wishing peace and blessings to you too! :dove::sparkles:

5 Likes

Merry meet and all blessings, @Draykor75 and @Phoenix_Rose!

6 Likes

Merry Meet @ben1
Same - regarding the long path… I have been “all over the map” with my craft over my life time. Then I found Spells8 and decided to “reel it in” and embrace it. It has been a wonderful place to live and learn and make sense of things I did not fully understand previously. I hope you will love it here as much as I do :heart:

7 Likes

@ben1 Welcome to the coven and we are so happy you are here for your continued journey into your craft! I look forward to getting to know you and learn from each other! Light and love! Jan
:green_heart:

7 Likes

Thank you for the welcome and merry meet! Yes, reeling it in is a very good way to describe it. As I began to study the lessons offered here I heard a giant, green “yes” inside of myself and joining this forum has only cemented that perception.

7 Likes

Thank you, @jan_TheGreenWitch! I look forward to getting it know you, too and to learn from you. All blessings!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.