The Magick of Music - Asteroseismology

Asteroseismology (pronounced Ast - rO - Size - Mology) is the science that studies the internal structure of that stars :stars: by the interpretation of their frequency spectra.

Much like Earths :earth_americas: seismic waves - or Earthquakes - teach us a lot about the inside of the Earth, the stars stellar waves - or Starquakes - teach us the secrets of the inner workings of the planets :sparkles:

Using Asteroseismology, Scientists :woman_scientist: have been able to figure out the internal structure of the stars, how old they are and what they contribute to The Solar System :dizzy: all by studying the different frequencies they vibrate at.

The sound waves :ocean: move through a star’s interior due to temperature changes :hotsprings:- we know that heat rises, so the sound waves move up towards the star’s surface (usually top 30%) then cool off :snowflake: and fall back down.

This movement creates sound waves, that in turn, bounce around the star in different ways, producing different sounds :arrow_up: :arrow_upper_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_lower_right: :arrow_down: :arrow_lower_left: :arrow_left: :arrow_upper_left:

The biggest planets - Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune - make the lowest, deepest sounds :saxophone: and the smaller planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars - make higher pitched sounds :violin:

The Sun :sun: due to its extreme temperature spots, has many different sound waves bouncing around inside it all the time.

Although we can’t hear it with our own ears, during day to day life, each planet “sings” at a slightly different frequency :ringer_planet: :speaking_head: The Solar System is essentially a Giant Orchestra singing us a heavenly song :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: which is commonly referred to as The Cosmic Octave

Planetary Frequencies Our Solar System:

I have included links below to Planetware for each planet, which gives information on the planets as well as a simple sound clip for each planets frequency… :ringer_planet:

:sun: The Sun - 126.22 Hz
:full_moon: Earths Moon - 210.42 Hz

:white_circle: Mercury - 141.27 Hz
:heartpulse: Venus - 221.23 Hz
:earth_asia: Earth - 172.06 Hz
:red_circle: Mars - 144.72 Hz
:orange_circle: Jupiter - 183.58 Hz
:ringer_planet: Saturn - 147.85 Hz
:large_blue_circle: Uranus - 207.36 Hz
:large_blue_diamond: Neptune - 211.44 Hz

:small_red_triangle: Pluto (Dwarf) - 140.25 Hz
:small_orange_diamond: Ceres (Dwarf) - 236.54 Hz

Aryan Nobakht is an Astronomy Youtuber and an Areospace Engineering Student that I follow. I’ve linked a post to audio where he has mixed all the sounds of the planets together, enjoy! :sparkles:

Planets sound mixed and slowed

The International Astronomical Union (IAU) states that the definition of a planet in our Solar System, is a celestial body which:

• is in orbit around the Sun :o:
  • has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape) :orange_circle:
  • has “cleared the neighbourhood” around its orbit :asterisk:
  • is not a moon :new_moon:

I have, however, included the frequencies of the Sun and Earths Moon, as well as the Dwarf Planets Pluto and Ceres as they form an integral part of our Solar System :laughing:

These words and interpretations are my own, learned over time studying various sources including works by Nostradamus, Yasmin Boland, Damien Echols, Russell Grant and online sources such as Cafe Astrology, Astrology Answers and Astrology King to name a few. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Love :heartpulse: & Light :candle: :stonehenge:

13 Likes

Wooow!

All that info is really amazing! Thanks a bunch for sharing, @Abs53 I’ll certainly listen to that this week.

Gracias de nuevo :ringer_planet:

4 Likes

Wow! This is the first time I’m learning about asteroseismology- the universe is truly an amazing place :heart_eyes: And “starquakes”!? That’s so cool!

Sound plays a pretty big role in science and it seems like sound has played a big part in the exploration of the galaxy. What a delight to learn about- thanks so much to the amazing @Abs53 for all this knowledge! :ringer_planet: :heart:

5 Likes

That’s very interesting! I hope you don’t mind if I add the planets sounds…

5 Likes

I never knew that! That’s cool that the stars and planets sing in their own way.

4 Likes

@RyuWyn @BryWisteria @Kasandra you are very welcome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@christina4 of course not :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you, ill check it out :heartpulse:

3 Likes

wow! this is really cool! I am enjoying listening to this. Thank you so much!
-Blessed Be

3 Likes