The Sunfire Blessing Rite

Intention: To give praise to the Sun and welcome vitality, thankfulness, abundance and personal power into your life.

What you need:

Gold, yellow or orange candle (use a small one!)

Bowl of water

Flower (sunflower, marigold, chamomile, or any flower that blooms during the summer months)

Something small to offer: a piece of bread, fruit, honey, etc.

Outdoor space (optional)

What to do:

Stand with your back towards the sun.

Place your bowl of water in front of you. Place your flower next to the bowl of water and place your offering next to the flower. Light your candle and take three long breaths.

Raise your arms to the sky and proclaim:

“Great Sun, Guardian of Light, Heart of Summer, Golden Flame that wakes seed and spirit, I salute you with thanks.”

Pause and feel the warmth of the sun on your skin.

The Blessing Comes Next…

Hold your flower gently in your hands.

Say: "As you feed the trees, The streams, The gardens, And the wild animals of the Earth, May your light fill my spirit."

Place your flower to your heart.

“May I grow in wisdom. May I grow in strength. May I grow in joy. May I grow in harmony with the cycles of life.”

Charging the Water

Place your fingertips into your bowl of water.

Visualize rays of sunlight flowing down from Sun through the crown of your head, pour through your heart and into the water.

Say*: “Sun above, Fire bright, Fill this water with your light. Give it warmth, Strength, And sacred fire.”*

Feel the energy flow for a few moments.

Offering to the Sun

Place your offering onto the ground.

Say: “For that which has been given, I give thanks. For that which is growing, I give thanks. For the light that shines upon me, I give thanks.”

Closing Blessing

Dip your fingers into your bowl of blessed water and bring your fingertips to your forehead, heart and hands.

Say: “The Sun burns within me. The Sun shines upon me. The Sun walks beside me. As above, so below. As the wheel turns, May I walk in balance.”

Pause in silence for a moment.

Snuff out your candle. Leave your offering for the animals or bury it gently.

(Optional) Use the blessed water to consecrate your garden, altar tools, front door or yourself in the coming days.


(Written with AI assistance.)

11 Likes

this is great thank you :sun_with_face: I did it with my kids out in the yard. We got a good rain last night so we used rain water. :droplet: After words I took the water and went around blessing the house, the gardens and the places where our animals dwell. :orange_heart: for the blessing I simply said “sun bless and protect this space and all who dwell here”.

5 Likes

That’s so lovely! I’m saving it and will credit! Thank you so much for sharing it!

3 Likes