The Wariest of Pumpkins

Meet Meet everyone!

I’m warypumpkin, or Wary, or Pumpkin. I’m a 22 and I live in Indiana!

I’m an eclectic solitary baby witch. I’ve dipped my toes into reading and research for a few years, but only recently started practicing. I’m also a part of The Satanic Temple, which can often be controversial due to it’s connotations.

Yeah, it’s a weird combination, but it feels right to me!

I was raised Christian, but I lost faith after life events and trauma, so I began looking elsewhere. I discovered TST (mostly because of it’s connotations, I was pretty upset with the church😅), Paganism, Wicca, witchcraft, Buddhism, etc…

I’ve always been drawn to fantasy stories as a little girl, I loved the idea of magic and feeling strong and powerful due to my own abilities. I was also drawn to the moon and to mystical items, and I was also super into the Septimus Heap, the Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter.

Growing up as a WOC in a school and community of rural, white, Christian/Catholic farmers, I always felt like the Other. I grew up to be a big on advocacy, spoke out against injustice, and rejected tyrannical authority.

Anyway, I’m also drawn to tarot, runes, crystals, lunar cycles, deities, and the sabbats😊

It’s wonderful to meet everyone, and I hope everyone has a good and blessed day!
Blessed Be, Everyone!

16 Likes

Hi @warypumpkin ! I’m so glad you have joined us! I’m an eclectic chaos witch from Minnesota. Enjoy the courses and our challenges! This is a very fun welcoming place. Always feel free to ask questions!

11 Likes

Im John from Chicago iv been practicing for over 30 years need anything just ask

10 Likes

Merry meet and welcome! :blush: It is so great to have you here and you sound like you know what you want and have gone for it. Good on you. My name is Khadija and i have a relatable situation to you however quite different. I was born into Christian family, reverted to Islam at the age of fifteen, and found Wicca around three years ago??? and am very happy with being a Muslim Wiccan (hence the name TheMuslimWitch).
Fell free to chat anytime, and i can’t wait to learn more from you :blush:

12 Likes

Hello and welcome I’m Tracy. Nice to meet you :green_heart:

11 Likes

@warypumpkin Welcome! :hugs: I’m Beth from Pennsylvania. So glad you’ve joined us :heart::blush: This is a great place for discovery and growth :pray::heart::sparkles: Everyone is so supportive and will offer guidance :pray: :blush: Make yourself at home :house_with_garden: I look forward to getting to know you and learning alongside you :heart: :blush: :people_hugging:

11 Likes

Hello @warypumpkin :wave: and welcome to the forum!

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I don’t think that’s a weird combination at all! There are a lot of people who are part of TST whether they practice Satanism (such as LeVay Satanism) or just prefer to adhere to TST’s tenets. Either way, TST is a very inclusive organization - I think I joined at one point!

Anyway, I don’t want to ramble on too much :laughing: so please feel free to hop right in and make yourself at home!

11 Likes

Hi, @warypumpkin! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! I gotta admit, I feel old reading your book list. Half of them I haven’t even heard of, and the Harry Potter ones I read as an adult! LOL! Granny over here.

I hope you enjoy your time here! If you have any questions or anything, just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

11 Likes

@warypumpkin welcome to the family of witches and wizards!
I am Airram from Greece
enjoy your stay!

9 Likes

Merry meet @warypumpkin !

I’m Kat and I found the practice over 30 years ago but lost my way for a while. I came home a few years ago and found this amazing group of people!! I practice eclectic green magick and am interested in tarot, runes, ogham, herbalism, and moon magic. I work with Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning), Selene and Hekate.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :crescent_moon: :hekate_wheel:

10 Likes

Adorable name, Wary! I’m Ailey from Georgia! We are so glad to have you here!

11 Likes

Merry meet @warypumpkin,

Welcome to the forum! I’m Bry, one of the moderators and a fellow Eclectic Witch. Just stopping by to say hello - it’s very nice to meet you :blush:

So many wonderful areas to explore! Have you been finding resources and spellwork okay? If you ever need help in your studies, know that you’re not alone - the coven community is a very friendly and supportive one. If you ever have questions or need help, don’t hesitate to reach out! :handshake: :infinite_roots:

Make yourself at home here, Wary! Blessed be :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @warypumpkin

It’s nice to meet you! I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I look forward to getting to know you better. Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes