There's Magick in TEXAS, Y'all!

Hello from Central Texas! I’m Shelly and I’m a newer learner on this website. I was poking around tonight and realized that I seem not to have posted here to say hello. Thank you for being a kind, welcoming place to share ideas and information! I’m very excited about this. Hope everyone is doing well so far this year. I’m interested in all kinds of magickal things and I’m not strictly sorted into an actual category of practice. I’m in the learning by reading and doing phase and trying various things out. I’m drawn to candle Magick, use of herbs, teas, and crystals mostly, so far, and have been using crystals and essential oils / incense the longest in my life. What excites me the most about Magick is that there never seems to be any end to what one may learn. I like that. I also like the notion of participating in your reality, which isn’t so uncommon with things like “co-creation,” “Mindfulness,” and “Taking Responsibility for one’s own Actions and one’s own Life.” These are all very empowering. I’m looking forward to growing, sharing, and learning with everyone!

21 Likes

Welcome from the UK :pray::pray:

12 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I came home a couple of years ago and found this amazing group of people!! I am an eclectic Green witch with an interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

12 Likes

Hi, @shelly1! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots: That’s a great introduction! I like candle magic too, and I love to read.

Anyhow, if you ever have questions about something, just ask and someone will pop up and help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

12 Likes

@shelly1
Welcome! :hugs: So glad you’ve joined us :heart::blush: This is a great place for discovery and growth :pray::heart::sparkles: Everyone is so supportive and will offer guidance :pray: :blush: Make yourself at home :house_with_garden: I look forward to getting to know you and learning alongside you :heart: :blush: :people_hugging:

10 Likes

Welcome @shelly1 to the coven!
I’m in Illinois and am interested in tarot/oracle, moon magick, and just getting out in nature. If you haven’t explored the Spells8 courses yet, they are a great place to begin: All Courses – Spells8
Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @shelly1

I’m happy you are here, Shelly! I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch from Colorado. Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

10 Likes

Hello. Welcome to our fabulous coven. I’m Tracy from England. A chaos witch and Lokean. Make yourself at home Lovely :green_heart:

10 Likes

Hello @shelly1,

I know we’ve crossed paths a bit around the forum already, but it’s a pleasure to meet you “officially”- I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. Thanks for taking the time to share your lovely introduction! :blush:

You have some wonderful magickal interests and areas of studies- I hope you’ve been finding everything you’ve been looking for! :books: (If not, just say the word- the Coven community is great with recommendations!)

Make yourself at home here! Blessed be :sparkles:

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @shelly1 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

Woohoo - you and me, both! I’m what you would call an eclectic witch. I take inspiration from wherever it appears and usually do magic on the fly. Please feel free to make yourself at home here! I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

11 Likes

@ shelly1 welcome to the family!
magic is so many and so different but they are all beautiful!
in the forum there are wise witches who deal with many and different kinds
there is a lot of knowledge! you are in the right place…
My name is Arram and I gladly welcome you to our company! :pentagram: :pentagram: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Welcome, Shelly1! I lived in central Texas for nineteen years - welcome!! Merry met and blessed be!! So awesome to have you here.

12 Likes

Welcome home :grin: My name is Devenne I’m a witch :magic_wand: from Indiana. Feel free to jump in. If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask.

Blessed be

10 Likes

Thank you, Artemisia! May I ask you a question? How did you come to your guides? How did you become introduced, interested, or engaged with interest in them? Thanks! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hello, Ingrid! Where did you go??? You’re no longer in Central Texas? That’s where I am! :smile: Thank you for the kind reply! <3

12 Likes

Thank you, Bry! I really appreciate it! I’m a night shift nurse so my only challenges in this endeavor are getting enough rest versus making the appropriate time to learn, dealing with my book lust about all the stuff I want to learn about, and getting over hesitation to try things for fear of “doing it wrong.” I like taking notes on things I read so I don’t forget it and realized…Hey! This is a kind of Grimoire! So I’m going with that! I’m grateful for your work in moderating! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’m John nice to meet ya :kissing_heart: iv been in practice for over 30 years ago questions just ask

8 Likes

@shelly1 just a lil tip if you add @ symbol before the name it’ll tag the person u are naming so they are notified to your reply.

Blessed be

9 Likes

Hi Shelly1! Good morning! I haven’t been in Texas since 2005, I met and married the love of the my love online and moved to Australia (he was an Aussie.) We lived there for two and a half years and then moved back to the States and bought an RV. We traveled a bit and ended up where I am now, Tucson, Arizona. My love, my best friend, and my soul mate, died on January 10th, 2023, after a long and difficult illness. We would have been married for 18 years. I love Tucson, I really do, but admittedly I do miss Texas. Just wish I could afford to live there. :slight_smile: Nah, I’ve made a home here. I was just thinking, every good decision, and some bad ones LOL, came about because I took a chance and followed by instincts. Funny thing, the bad ones I knew were a bad idea before I followed them, but I didn’t think I had a choice. Now I know I always have a choice, and, hopefully, I’ve learned a few good lessons… :slight_smile: BTW, Shelly, I was a Texan for nineteen years and damn proud of it!! Big hugs and proud to know you! Ingrid

11 Likes