To See Myself Spell Oil šŸŒ¹ Beauty Magick

:rose: To See Myself as I Am :rose:

Like a lot of people, I grew up extremely insecure about myself. Those insecurities have followed me into my adult life and, honestly? They still tend to cause issues every now and then. There are times when I look in the mirror and I really just donā€™t recognize myself. I donā€™t know if it has to do with my mental health or the fact that sometimes I feel like I should look different. Or that what I see doesnā€™t match what is actually there.

note: as far as I know, I do not have body dysmorphic disorder. This oil should not be used to treat/cure/prevent/diagnose/etc. any illness or dysphoric disorder. That is something different. This oil is for perceived flaws and insecurities. Please keep that in mind.

A large oval mirror lays on green grass. The blue sky and clouds are reflected in the mirror with two birds.|image
Image by Jovis Aloor via Unsplash

I wanted to create a spell oil to focus on helping me view the beauty in my perceived flaws. Rather than focus on making myself more physically attractive, I wanted to shift the focus from making myself more beautiful to seeing the beauty I already have. I feel like itā€™s important to mention that this spell oil isnā€™t a quick fix and it isnā€™t going to be something to help you overcome trauma in regard to bullying or your appearance. Itā€™s just a little nudge, something to give a push in the right direction.

:rose: You will need the followingā€¦

A glass bottle or jar
A carrier oil such as olive oil or grapeseed oil
Herbs, flowers, spices, or essential oils that correspond with beauty and self-love
ā€“ I used rose, lavender, calendula, and jasmine

:rose: Correspondences (if you choose to use them)

:waxing_gibbous_moon: Waxing Moon - as the moon grows in size, so too do our intentions. The waxing moon is a time to bring things to us or amplify our beneficial workings.
:heart: Friday - a day commonly associated with Venus, the Roman Goddess of love and beauty. Fridays are wonderful days to work any sort of love or glamor magick to make yourself fell more attractive.

:rose: The Ritual

I donā€™t normally do ritualistic work but I feel like creating this oil needs to be ritualized. I need to put myself in the right headspace for this work and ritual is the best way to do that.

• Start by lighting some incense and creating sacred space. Do this in any manner you choose. For me, this will involve clapping, dancing, and playing music that evokes the feelings I want from the oil.

• I will also cleanse the working area with incense, including myself and all my tools.

• Then I will take my ingredients and tools at my working space and ring the area with salt. Iā€™ll also rub my hands with salt, too. This acts as a protective barrier around my tools and cleanses any residual energy from my hands. I will do this for one reason, honestly. I know myself. During this ritual, I will probably have different thoughts about myself that arenā€™t so nice. I donā€™t want to transfer that over to what Iā€™m doing. No matter how hard I try, and even if this doesnā€™t happen, I will have protections in place to prevent those intrusive thoughts from penetrating my work.

• One by one, I will add each ingredient to my bottle. As I do this, I will cup each one in my hands and ask for it to help my working in the manner I need. For exampleā€¦

:herb: Spirit of Calendula :herb:
soother of wounds and reliever of aches,
I ask that you bring your energy to my work
and help soothe my heart and heal my wounds.

• Once this is done with every ingredient, I will add in a small amount of vitamin E oil. This acts as an antioxidant and can help oils last longer.

• After the vitamin E has been added, Iā€™ll fill the jar with my base oil. Then give it a shake to mix the herbs and ingredients into the oil.

• Hold the jar in both hands and close your eyes. Visualize a pink glowing energy infusing the jar. This is the energy that will work with those plant allies together to help achieve your goal. Once the jar feels warm in your hands, place it on your working space and leave it there.

• This oil will need to steep for at least a full 24 hours before use.

:rose: To Use the Oil

Every day, or when youā€™re feeling a bit low, take a bit of this oil and dab it on the parts of you that you feel are flawed. This can be anywhere (obviously within reason, you know, parts of your body are sensitive) that you feel needs a bit of extra care. Some examples are blow, blurred out just so I donā€™t accidentally trigger anyoneā€™s dysmorphia or insecurities.

If you feel like your nose is flawed ā†’ dab a little oil on your nose, rub it in, and remember that youā€™re nose helps you experience the beautiful fragrances and tastes of the world

If you feel like your hands are too big or small ā†’ dab a little oil on your hands, rub it in, and remember that those hands help you experience the physical world.

If you see any flaw in your physical appearance ā†’ dab a little oil on it, rub it in, and remember that you are a spiritual being having a physical experience. Your body is perfect just the way it is. It is how you maneuver and experience the physical plane. Itā€™s how others perceive you.

If you feel like you just need a little bit of extra love and care for your physical appearance, dab some oil over your heart and meditate on all the things you can do because there is only one you.

I hope that if you use this oil, your experience is a positive one. Iā€™ll be doing this ritual tomorrow once I get more olive oil and Iā€™ll update you once I do :revolving_hearts:

Continuing the discussion from :rose: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Beauty Magick

14 Likes

This is so beautiful @MeganB :heart_eyes:
I absolutely love how this ritual changes insecurities into self-acceptance and a moment of self-care and reflection on how wonderful our bodies actually are! :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:
P.S. The idea of using salt to protect your spell from your own opposing thoughts is genius - Iā€™m definitely going to do this in future! :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

This is so beautiful- from your intention, to the ingredients, to this little chant that captured my heart :heart: Calendula is an herb a hold near and dear and saved me from a really awful skin condition. Itā€™s a lovely one to include in healing and beauty spellwork. Thanks so much for sharing! :sparkles:

10 Likes

This is wonderful!!! I love the theme!!! I wish so many people would see the beauty in who they already are! Thank you :revolving_hearts::relaxed:

10 Likes

Thank you @Limeberry :revolving_hearts: That idea for the salt just popped into my head when I was writing this. Iā€™ve gotta have that protection for when my own brain betrays me :rofl:

Calendula is one of my favorites, too :herb: @BryWisteria Iā€™m glad you like my little ritual :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you @christina4 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It can be hard when youā€™ve gone your entire life being poked at but Iā€™m definitely trying. Itā€™s a constant work in progress :laughing:

11 Likes

A marvelous idea! I have very similar issues with self perception and self love. Thank you for creating this oil and also for sharing!

9 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: self-perception is a tough thing for me and Iā€™m hoping that this gives me that boost when I need it.

8 Likes

I absolutely love this! Seeing the beauty in our ā€œflawsā€ What an excellent intentionā€‹:heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

Thank you! Thatā€™s definitely the goal!

7 Likes

I have been inspired by you Meagan and you, Phoenix. Since today is Friday, no better time than the present, meaning after work today, not right this second. I will also have my bfā€™s 11 year old granddaughter with me tonight. She is at that age where she is rapidly developing and the changes are confusing. This might be a good time for her as well

7 Likes

Aww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m happy to provide you with inspiration! I hope it goes wonderfully for you and your granddaughter :heart:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Props and Presents (Bard) :dancer:

I love this spell and your raw emotions and just wanted to thank you Megan. I do appreciate your openness and willingness to share to help me and others grow! Helps me to open up my minds eye too! I want to stay positive too!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Aww, thank you @Jeannie1 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m always happy to help and Iā€™m glad to know that it does help you!

6 Likes